Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Levein Out?

Levein Out?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Levein Out?

• Yes
    • No

You can't afford to write any game off in our precarious position.

I'm swaying between Yes and No now. I've tried to support him, more than i ever did Micky Adams because I was impressed by everything he said when he joined. But it's the line ups like today that i just can't accept. I was one of the unfortunate ones who went to Wolves and witness that joke of a match. He's done it again tonight, against a team we've never lost against, at Reading. I don't care how good they've done this season, we gave ourselves no chances with that negative line up. It was a repeat of Blackburn, defend, hope for a 0-0, shit we've conceded, *throws on 3 subs* oh we've lost. Time to think up some excuses.

If we don't beat Norwich or Palace it's game over.

Mate - it should be game over as far as I'm concerned.

This says it all.

We've won consecutive league games only ONCE in Levein's reign. And they were pretty meaningless games at the end of last season.

You can't afford to write any game off in our precarious position.

I'm swaying between Yes and No now. I've tried to support him, more than i ever did Micky Adams because I was impressed by everything he said when he joined. But it's the line ups like today that i just can't accept. I was one of the unfortunate ones who went to Wolves and witness that joke of a match. He's done it again tonight, against a team we've never lost against, at Reading. I don't care how good they've done this season, we gave ourselves no chances with that negative line up. It was a repeat of Blackburn, defend, hope for a 0-0, shit we've conceded, *throws on 3 subs* oh we've lost. Time to think up some excuses.

If we don't beat Norwich or Palace it's game over.

Agreed with a lot of that.

But didn't we lose at home to Reading last season 2-0? ;)

First game I've been to this season, coinciding with the first time I've voted yes, get Levein out.

To be fair the performance wasn't THAT bad, considering we were playing the team top of the league who have won 9 in a row, but what annoyed me was the apparent mindset of both the manager and the players. Levein went there to play for a draw, which right now wouldn't help us all that much anyway, we need to be winning games. Playing 4-5-1 was bad enough, but leaving out probably our 3 most creative players (Smith, Hume, Elvis) was a shocking decision. As others have said, seems he wrote it off before the game had even started. The players showed no real fight or motivation and just didn't look like they cared.

Yes, I think it's time for Levein to go. Get him out so someone else can come in, assess the squad and decide what they need to with time still to sign someone in January. Of course whether we CAN get rid of Levein is another point, but if we can, we should! I'm hoping he'll resign, but can't see it happening at all.

What about the starting line up? What about the substitutions?

Why go 4-4-2 when you go one down why not start with it the man is clueless!

Come on Man see the light and join the CL out Posse :smile:

I can tell you the answer, he was playing for a draw. But I felt we should have been out for 3pts draws will not keep us up wins will.

What about the starting line up? What about the substitutions?

Why go 4-4-2 when you go one down why not start with it the man is clueless!

Come on Man see the light and join the CL out Posse :smile:

I thought when I saw the dreaded 4-5-1 last night that Levein might be tactically clever, go for first half containment and the then change to concerted attack five minutes into the second half.

Instead he made the big mistake of waiting until Reading were ahead. Out-thought again, I'm afraid and that was a feature. Steve Coppell was one step ahead throughout, finally anticipating Leicester's late commitment to incresingly desperate attack and countering with fast and well-supported breaks.

You have to make your own luck, make things happen. That was what Steve Coppell said last night and that was what made the difference.

Coppell, as Levein pointed out, has had three years to build his castle but the possibility of relegation is not an endearing thought at any time.

The most dispiriting aspect of last night's events was the starting line-up.

Take Williams and Joey out (who will both have gone in 6 months :( ) and you have a team of exclusively Levein signings, who he would want to stick with for at least the next 12 months.

But I'm not convinced that this bunch have what it takes to be a success in whatever division we may find ourselves this time next year.

After 14 months of our manager's brave new world, are we any nearer to returning to the promised land of the Premiership?

The answer has to be a resounding NO! :nono:

I always said that unless we got 6 points from Crewe and Milwall at home i felt it would be time for a change and i stand by that

we got 1/3 of the points possible against the 2 bottom teams at our home.. what a joke.. levein has his own players there now he has been there for well 15 months and he is beginning to get repetitive with telling everyone he has taken positives from a game where we play like a league 2 side..

his players at leicester city football club should be as good as blackburn everton villa fulham etc but realistically we are struggling to be better than brighton crewe and millwall :cry::cry:

Archived