Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Kitty

I must have missed something somewhere.

Sky Sport website describes the transfer kitty handed out to Craig Levein as "bumper".

Reports I have read closer to home suggest there's "a bit of cash" but loans are more likely.

What's the going rate for the word "bumper"? Does anyone know?

The notion of £400,000 for an Austrian International seems to have been dampened down but £150,000 for Macauley has not been greeted with cautionary remarks.

What do you folks think. Does anyone have an informed opinion?

The club might be going for broke, using the Connolly money that's left. I was under the impression they would never spend beyond there means and we were told we don't have alot of money so I guess Sky are blowing things out of proportion because there's been plenty of stories about the board telling Levein to go and buy a striker.

Sky Sport website describes the transfer kitty handed out to Craig Levein as "bumper".

Reports I have read closer to home suggest there's "a bit of cash" but loans are more likely.

The notion of £400,000 for an Austrian International seems to have been dampened down but £150,000 for Macauley has not been greeted with cautionary remarks.

I mentioned this on another thread....

I got the wrong idea about your title "kitty (katassi) size matters" :ermm::D

Sky sports is open 24 hours a day, they have to say something, it just happens to be our turn. Trying asking them to quantify what they mean by "bumper"? :D They probably mean a million squid. Whatever we have, we should spend it on a striker who knows where the goal is, and a midfield general.

I got the wrong idea about your title "kitty (katassi) size matters" :ermm::D

Sky sports is open 24 hours a day, they have to say something, it just happens to be our turn. Trying asking them to quantify what they mean by "bumper"? :D They probably mean a million squid. Whatever we have, we should spend it on a striker who knows where the goal is, and a midfield general.

If we've got a million squid then use it to pay Levein off.

Talkin about the Connolly money can anyone remember whats left of it,not including the end of season bumper payout we get if wigan stay up!! and at least that million will keep us afloat if we take the drop for a bit.

We sold Connolly for £2 million upfront. Rumours were that West Ham got about 15% of the profit we made on him, which would be £225,000. We paid £500k upfront for Hume and about £150-200k upfront for Hammond. Both of them have add on's after appearances, goals and promotion, etc.

That would mean that overall at top whack we have shelled out or will shell out about £1.25 million for Hume, Hammond and paying West Ham their money.

So we have £750k left, plus whatever we have received for Gilbert and the 50k for Tommy Wright. Minus what wages we are paying for Ryan Smith.

Add the £1 million we get for Connolly in the summer and it looks like we have a fair few quid, but I doubt it's as cut and dry as that.

And what would we use to strengthen the team with :rolleyes:

Ric, elvis cost £375,000

I haven't got your confience that this manager will buy anybody better than we already have. His track record in the market shows that much. Consequently, if he left I feel that would strengthen the club in itself.

I haven't got your confience that this manager will buy anybody better than we already have. His track record in the market shows that much. Consequently, if he left I feel that would strengthen the club in itself.

Very much agreed.

Having said that, if the board are backing him, with his iffy record in the transfer market he's gonna need a lot of money to get us out of trouble.

Very much agreed.

Having said that, if the board are backing him, with his iffy record in the transfer market he's gonna need a lot of money to get us out of trouble.

Give em a break will ya. :D Im sure you can manage a short one till the Wednesday game.

Archived