Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

We have got to remove this man

Maybe you could all try something a bit more positive!! call me a revolutionary but maybe cheering the team for once in your life could have a positive effect. The way you lot go on you would think we were bottom of the league.

Pathetic when you go to a game looking for the opportunity to boo, rather than going to support.

Maybe you could all try something a bit more positive!! call me a revolutionary but maybe cheering the team for once in your life could have a positive effect. The way you lot go on you would think we were bottom of the league.

Pathetic when you go to a game looking for the opportunity to boo, rather than going to support.

24927[/snapback]

I.d love to go to a game and cheer but just in case you hadn,t noticed there hasn,t been to much to cheer about the last couple of years. I can take losing it,s just the total lack of effort, commitment and passion that pisses me off. So mr Babylon you cheer if you want but you,ll be more or less on your own.

24927[/snapback]

I.d love to go to a game and cheer but just in case you hadn,t noticed there hasn,t been to much to cheer about the last couple of years. I can take losing it,s just the total lack of effort, commitment and passion that pisses me off. So mr Babylon you cheer if you want but you,ll be more or less on your own.

24931[/snapback]

As per usual then. Shame we aint back at filbert street with the 10,000 SUPPORTERS that use to SUPPORT the team, whether we were winning or not, whether it was Grimsby on a cold wednesday night or Arsenal in the cup.

Look at Leeds fans, wheher they are 4-0 up or 4-0 down 99% of the time they sing their hearts out. Why? Because they are bright enough to realise even in the most dire of circumstances that bit of extra vocal support could make a difference.

But no... you need something to get you going, and would rather save your precious voice to boo at the end when a passionless team disappoints a group of passionless fans. Coincidence, i don't think so.

What is booing or jeering through a match going to achieve except negative performances from players. Lets get behind the team for the whole match make it a great atmosphere.

Look at the positive response from Tricky Trev now that he is a terrace hero, lets do the same for all the team, if then the performances still dont improve then at the inevitable will happen and Micky will go, but whilst he is manager of OUR club we should support him. If we play crap or lose to shite then boo him and the team after the match.

If we are all honest as fans this season have we performed for the club any better than the players and manager we are complaining about. IMO probably not so now is the time for us to get back the old spirit and get behind the team all the way to promotion.

24927[/snapback]

24931[/snapback]

As per usual then. Shame we aint back at filbert street with the 10,000 SUPPORTERS that use to SUPPORT the team, whether we were winning or not, whether it was Grimsby on a cold wednesday night or Arsenal in the cup.

Look at Leeds fans, wheher they are 4-0 up or 4-0 down 99% of the time they sing their hearts out. Why? Because they are bright enough to realise even in the most dire of circumstances that bit of extra vocal support could make a difference.

But no... you need something to get you going, and would rather save your precious voice to boo at the end when a passionless team disappoints a group of passionless fans. Coincidence, i don't think so.

24937[/snapback]

so why do the boo boys now keep being referred to as the boo boys when O'Neil first started here? Surely those 10k SUPPORTERS didnt do that? :rolleyes:

Regarding support: It's hard to get behind players that couldn't give a toss about our club. Players like Blake, Dabizas, Wilcox, and Dublin being prime examples. I always support the team, but sometimes find it difficult to support someone who is clearly not trying.

Yes, maybe out support should be better for the team, but I don't agree with the idea that we're terrible supporters. Not many teams have only won just 2 home games in 10 months. That's a shocking record, irrespective what division we're in considering the amount of money the management/players are getting paid. Our hard earned wages are being paid to those who are putting in shit performances week in week out.

24927[/snapback]

24931[/snapback]

24937[/snapback]

so why do the boo boys now keep being referred to as the boo boys when O'Neil first started here? Surely those 10k SUPPORTERS didnt do that? :rolleyes:

24954[/snapback]

What?? please try and make sense when you write something. As for the fans who demonstrated against the team under oneil there must of been less than 1000 as i was sat with them after the game in the kop and then stood outside reception (i must add, that i wasn't demonstrating myself just young and curious)

Regarding support: It's hard to get behind players that couldn't give a toss about our club. Players like Blake, Dabizas, Wilcox, and Dublin being prime examples. I always support the team, but sometimes find it difficult to support someone who is clearly not trying.

Yes, maybe out support should be better for the team, but I don't agree with the idea that we're terrible supporters. Not many teams have only won just 2 home games in 10 months. That's a shocking record, irrespective what division we're in considering the amount of money the management/players are getting paid. Our hard earned wages are being paid to those who are putting in shit performances week in week out.

24961[/snapback]

Our atmosphere and support were shit at the beggining of last season, so the idea that the current run of results has anything to do with it is incorrect IMO.

24961[/snapback]

Our atmosphere and support were shit at the beggining of last season, so the idea that the current run of results has anything to do with it is incorrect IMO.

24998[/snapback]

I agree - the atmosphere has been poor for the last 2 seasons (after promotion). So why do you people think it's us critics that are causing the poor atmosphere? Sure, we may boo Adams for his ineptitude, but that's not the cause of the quiet atmosphere at other times.

Oh behave!!! I don't recall a game this season when there has been booing during the majority of the match! Infact every game always starts off brightly and only turns sour when the players yet again turn in a shocking display. Micky Adams and the players don't help themselves, it's not our ****in fault! Yes, we could all constantly sing and refuse to accept what's happening but the majority of us are good people and can't do that. It's nothing short of disgraceful what's happening at this club and out of frustration the fans are getting fed up with the laughable errors that are being committed week in, week out!!! There are some quality players in our team and they are playing so badly it isn't even funny and they don't deserve to be cheered.

I think you'll find that the majority of the booing happens at full-time or at 85 mins when Adams makes another bizarre substitution.

There's an answer to all this and i'll tell you - The players and manager galvanise together and prove us supporters wrong, even though we've only turned against them through their doing.

Adams is a cowboy and he's got to go, it's a joke that we have someone managing us that we can't get rid of. He's a menace to our club and even he knows that now. He doesn't want to stay here, we don't want him but he'd be foolish to walk away. So what do we do? It's too late for things to change, as they won't. Micky isn't even that arsed anymore, too many things have happened and the damage has been done. So basically, we have got to keep on with this shit until eventually one party gives in. That will be when it's too late for us to get promotion and too late for any optimism from the fans again.

That's pathetic, Micky Adams has had our full support for a long time. Football is a cut throat business and if you manage a team and they don't perform you get criticised and eventually you get the push if things don't improve. The way Adams has gone about things recently have been childish and un-professional, he's arrogant and refuses to learn from his mistakes. He's going to get stick and he deserves it to be honest.

Get out now Adams, otherwise there's more displeasure to come as you won't turn things around because it's too late.

I agree with Babylon.

I've said before that the fans have the club they deserve.

He's dead right about Leeds and the same goes for Man City, their fans never gave up on them in their darkest hour. We have a fickle following and unfortunately fans of a certain age can only compare things to the good times under MON.

As time passes, it will become clearer that that sort of era is an exception rather than the norm.

Bring back Filbo with it's 10,000 i say.

I agree with Babylon.

He's dead right about Leeds and the same goes for Man City, their fans never gave up on them in their darkest hour. We have a fickle following and unfortunately fans of a certain age can only compare things to the good times under MON.

As time passes, it will become clearer that that sort of era is an exception rather than the norm.

25050[/snapback]

I think you're living in a dream world if you believe Leeds and Man City fans have NEVER booed their teams. :lol:

I agree with Babylon.

25050[/snapback]

I think you're living in a dream world if you believe Leeds and Man City fans have NEVER booed their teams. :lol:

25051[/snapback]

I know that Man City were still getting nearly 30,000 in Div 3 and even though they played some dross, they got behind their team. A concept which seems alien to many on here.

I also know that if you went to Elland Road to watch their shit team play they get behind the team despite everything.

The real fans never gave up is what I said.

Guest Daniel

Ive heard for myself Man City booeing there team, infact they did it about 10 games on a trot last season when they went 15 without winning.

Ive heard for myself Man City booeing there team, infact they did it about 10 games on a trot last season when they went 15 without winning.

25063[/snapback]

Can't argue with you if you heard it ten games on the trot but I was talking about when they were in Division 3. The problem with Man City now is that they experienced mild success in the Premiership and now their fans expect them to be pushing for a place in Europe.

In short, they have ideas above their station (IMO). Now, where else have I come across that?

Firstly the only time fans boo is after the players and tactics are crap or when adams makes a crap substitution.

Secondly: The fact that fans are complaining is not because we have ideas above our station it is because the team is under achieving

Thirdly: If you do believe in supporting city through its darkest hours, do so but dont accept it, scream, shout and complain about it, dont lie back and let adams distroy us, The club, players and fans deserve better than what the three stooges are turning us into.

Hullfox, you should write for the Leicester Mercury.

Check out:

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

You and Bill (there's no problem at LCFC, it's the fickle fans) appear to have a lot in common.

25089[/snapback]

Oh Anish

You really should read my posts a lot more carefully. Click on my user name and read the posts I have made.

I have said on many occasions though for your benefit I will say it again, there are quite clearly problems at the club. No ifs no buts.

However, unlike most people on the board I think Mickey could have turned it around. Now, read that bit carefully too. - Could have.

I think his position now is untenable.

Now, much of that is of his own doing (read that bit again) but some of it is down to people who have expectations which I believe are way higher than our natural level. And this is why I believe that some people have difficulty understanding my point of view. You see, it's not part of the bandwagon that exists of "Mickey can do no right whatever he does". FFS, one of your fellow posters claims he was calling for Mickey to go before the start of our Premiership campaign, what chance does he have?

Now look back at some of your posts and see how many times you've criticised the club and how many times you have slagged it off in one form or another, weigh that against any positives that you find you have written. Yes you are entitled to be upset with the way we are playing badly and the apparent lack of commitment passion etc but where we differ is that in my opinion we are where we deserve to be as a club and that includes taking into account the standard of playing staff, coaches and yes, even the fans.

We have for a long time been dispassionate as a group at home though better away. Yes, you can argue well give us something to cheer about then and we'll get behind you but sometimes football isn't about that. Sometimes the crowd have to give it first and keep giving it but go back even further in the posts and see how much chance some of the players like wilcox and pressman were actually given before they kicked a ball for the club. Again, my opinion is that supporters like that have got what they deserved.

People scream for the likes of Wright and Stearman to be played. Give the youth a chance they say, bit of home grown is what we need. However, when a younger member of the squad breaks through they're either mullered (Heath and Stewart) or they haven't been given enough of a chance to prove themselves.

I guarantee you that if Nathan Blake had missed the header that Tommy Wright had against Preston and then put in such a woeful performance 48 hours later, he would have been hung for it on here. But no, it's Tommy he deserves more chances then the few starts he's had.........

Well prepared arguments always get my approval on here whether I agree with them or not. I like people to have there own viewpoint it just seems that not everybody is capable of doing so.

I agree with Babylon.

25050[/snapback]

Hang on, the fans get the club they deserve?

So if Leeds fans are so wonderful, why are they languishing in the Championship?

I agree with Babylon.

25050[/snapback]

Hang on, the fans get the club they deserve?

So if Leeds fans are so wonderful, why are they languishing in the Championship?

25179[/snapback]

If you look at it as a snapshot of today, then no Scowy. Leeds have been put in the shit by their board. (However, there is a completely different thread that could be written about Leeds fans).

But look at their past, they have achieved far more as a club than we ever have, but that brings with it of course other issues. People will start to support teams because of their success rather than for any real affinity to a club. I have a rather simple view that you only support Leicester if you were born there or the home environment promoted that. If however we had won the FA Cup and/or Premiership, our catchment area would have expended dramatically

My point was trying to say that with the same poor results and performances, if it were possible to be at Elland Road and the Walkers at the same time, the atmosphere would be far more supportive at Elland Road. (BTW I detest Leeds with a passion before anyone tells me to go and watch them)

I'm not expecting to change people's minds over any of this just as I wouldn't expect some people to leave the safety of their band wagon but it would be nice if some could just accept that other valid viewpoints actually exist.

Archived