Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

We have got to remove this man

Hullfox, you should write for the Leicester Mercury.

Check out:

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

You and Bill (there's no problem at LCFC, it's the fickle fans) appear to have a lot in common.

25089[/snapback]

Oh Anish

You really should read my posts a lot more carefully. Click on my user name and read the posts I have made.

I have said on many occasions though for your benefit I will say it again, there are quite clearly problems at the club. No ifs no buts.

However, unlike most people on the board I think Mickey could have turned it around. Now, read that bit carefully too. - Could have.

I think his position now is untenable.

Now, much of that is of his own doing (read that bit again) but some of it is down to people who have expectations which I believe are way higher than our natural level. And this is why I believe that some people have difficulty understanding my point of view. You see, it's not part of the bandwagon that exists of "Mickey can do no right whatever he does". FFS, one of your fellow posters claims he was calling for Mickey to go before the start of our Premiership campaign, what chance does he have?

Now look back at some of your posts and see how many times you've criticised the club and how many times you have slagged it off in one form or another, weigh that against any positives that you find you have written. Yes you are entitled to be upset with the way we are playing badly and the apparent lack of commitment passion etc but where we differ is that in my opinion we are where we deserve to be as a club and that includes taking into account the standard of playing staff, coaches and yes, even the fans.

We have for a long time been dispassionate as a group at home though better away. Yes, you can argue well give us something to cheer about then and we'll get behind you but sometimes football isn't about that. Sometimes the crowd have to give it first and keep giving it but go back even further in the posts and see how much chance some of the players like wilcox and pressman were actually given before they kicked a ball for the club. Again, my opinion is that supporters like that have got what they deserved.

People scream for the likes of Wright and Stearman to be played. Give the youth a chance they say, bit of home grown is what we need. However, when a younger member of the squad breaks through they're either mullered (Heath and Stewart) or they haven't been given enough of a chance to prove themselves.

I guarantee you that if Nathan Blake had missed the header that Tommy Wright had against Preston and then put in such a woeful performance 48 hours later, he would have been hung for it on here. But no, it's Tommy he deserves more chances then the few starts he's had.........

Well prepared arguments always get my approval on here whether I agree with them or not. I like people to have there own viewpoint it just seems that not everybody is capable of doing so.

25159[/snapback]

Face it Hullfox, we're brown noses because we're not sheep like most on here.

It's always the case with a minority group of people on any issue - Accuse the majority of being sheep and jumping on the bandwagon. Fair enough, some people may actually do that, but you'll find the majority within the majority want Adams out for specific reasons - Whether it will be down to poor management, team selections, team peformances, team tactics etc....

• 1 year later...

Oh behave!!! I don't recall a game this season when there has been booing during the majority of the match! Infact every game always starts off brightly and only turns sour when the players yet again turn in a shocking display. Micky Adams and the players don't help themselves, it's not our ****in fault! Yes, we could all constantly sing and refuse to accept what's happening but the majority of us are good people and can't do that. It's nothing short of disgraceful what's happening at this club and out of frustration the fans are getting fed up with the laughable errors that are being committed week in, week out!!! There are some quality players in our team and they are playing so badly it isn't even funny and they don't deserve to be cheered.

I think you'll find that the majority of the booing happens at full-time or at 85 mins when Adams makes another bizarre substitution.

There's an answer to all this and i'll tell you - The players and manager galvanise together and prove us supporters wrong, even though we've only turned against them through their doing.

Adams is a cowboy and he's got to go, it's a joke that we have someone managing us that we can't get rid of. He's a menace to our club and even he knows that now. He doesn't want to stay here, we don't want him but he'd be foolish to walk away. So what do we do? It's too late for things to change, as they won't. Micky isn't even that arsed anymore, too many things have happened and the damage has been done. So basically, we have got to keep on with this shit until eventually one party gives in. That will be when it's too late for us to get promotion and too late for any optimism from the fans again.

That's pathetic, Micky Adams has had our full support for a long time. Football is a cut throat business and if you manage a team and they don't perform you get criticised and eventually you get the push if things don't improve. The way Adams has gone about things recently have been childish and un-professional, he's arrogant and refuses to learn from his mistakes. He's going to get stick and he deserves it to be honest.

Get out now Adams, otherwise there's more displeasure to come as you won't turn things around because it's too late.

Substitute Levein for Adams and you have a exact replica of where we were fourteen months ago.

Yet some of Levein's most loyal defenders are the ones most vociferous in demanding Micky's head.

Even though his record was NEVER as bad as his successor's has been. :rolleyes:

Substitute Levein for Adams and you have a exact replica of where we were fourteen months ago.

Yet some of Levein's most loyal defenders are the ones most vociferous in demanding Micky's head.

Even though his record was NEVER as bad as his successor's has been. :rolleyes:

We rest our case...Your Honour. Superb Ultra.

The fact that things have got worse since Adams left doesn't mean he made the wrong decision. He knew he'd taken the club as far as he could.

But the board did make the wrong decision in choosing a successor with no first-hand experience of English football. That was a gamble which should not have been taken.

A club of our size in a league of this quality should at the very least expect to win more games than we lose. Levein's failure even to reach this modest target illustrates how inadequate he is to fulfil the role he was asked to perform.

It's time we moved on, and looked towards the future. There's no reason why we should put up longer with the crap that has been served to us during the past 14 months.

Dave Penney might indeed be another Peter Taylor. But he could also be another Little or O'Neill!

Great work picking this thread and bringing it back from the archives Ultra :D

Having just read Ric Flair's outburst again (hilarious stuff!) reminds me that even under Adams we were still higher than Levein's team, even with an older, crapper team that played disgusting football.

Great work picking this thread and bringing it back from the archives Ultra :D

Having just read Ric Flair's outburst again (hilarious stuff!) reminds me that even under Adams we were still higher than Levein's team, even with an older, crapper team that played disgusting football.

That's been the consistent theme amongst the "anti" Levien camp. Pity the "pro" Levein can't see it that way instead of keep misrepresenting or muddying that simple point!!

Adams and craig are nemesis of each other.

Adams wanted players with experience under their belt but would be on short term contracts. His teams tended to take the lead in a game and then concede during the last 5 mins to draw or lose. He defenitly had higher aims then craig and although his aim of top2 may have been ambitious at least it was ambition.

Craig goes for players who are young and in general future proof, this has proved prudent since we now have a squad that at least is worth some money and players on longer contracts, he seems to have less motivational skills and his tactics seems to result in us starting poor and conceding the first goal and we tend to play better towards end of games and equalise. Disciplinary standards are terrible under craig tho with red cards flying out far too often. His target is negative which should have been very easy to reach but currently is looking outside of his grasp.

After the last last 12 months I no longer feel so bad about adams, although we had a good squad that year he still did managed to get us back into the premiership and came close to keeping us there, under his tenure we seen a ton of goals. When we came back down if the board had told him they expected instant promotion then he must have been under pressure to buy players that had experience and no time to build for the future which makes me understand why he went for older players. He also was the one who got in connolly who we so handsomly profited off.

Archived