Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Thanks Craig

twas never personal for me..it rarely is, all the "jockbashing" small minded pinheads made it personal.

I am VERY sad that he couldnt make it work I hate to see Managers sacked, but its business and I would expect to walk or get the boot if I did the same as he, the one thing that irked me was that he would have accepted relegation and in his parting speach he almost alluded to the LONG TERM plan and clearly that would have meant relegation on his terms.

Good luck Craig. Perhaps a club that wont be going down in a hurry or who arent in a perilous financial state.... hmmm Hearts?

Firstly, I don't want to start any arguments. If you hate Levein so much that you can't read anything vaguely complimentary towards him then don't read on. There are plenty of anti-Levein threads on here already, go and post in one of those.

I just wanted to start a thread thanking Craig for some of the good things he did for our club. It might not have worked out in the end but he had the best of intentions. Here are some things I think Craig did well:

1. Signings – Personally I think Levein has made some fantastic signings while here and hopefully their long-term contracts will mean we'll see the full benefit of that for years to come. Players like Hume, Fryatt, Hughes, McCarthy and Gerrbrand who I think are all brilliant players – and ones like Maybury, Johansson and Hammond (and any others I've forgotten) who also have good potential. And getting Smith here for a season; inspirational. Even the players that a lot of people don't like were a relief to me as they at least tried and put an effort in unlike some of the signings we've made under other managers.

2. Youth Setup – Levein did some good work with our youth set-up. Firstly by giving chances to players like Stearman, Sheehan and Wesolowski who we know have been at the club for a while and might not have been given a chance under other managers. And secondly the stuff that he has done behind the scenes for the youth set-up, getting players to train with the first team, watching reserve matches, drumming up more interest in the young players. Hopefully this will benefit us for years to come.

3. Cup Games – When Levein came in it seemed like ages since we'd had a good cup run and he gave us three. The inability to convert the cup form into the league form is probably what did for him in the end, but those cup games were certainly very enjoyable. Reading away, last minute winner, Charlton away, last minute winner, Blackburn away, last minute cheating, diving penalty, 7000 City fans, Cardiff away, revenge for the league result, Bolton away, taking them into extra time – and my personal favourite, a game that is probably the most enjoyable one I've seen from Leicester for about five years at least, the win against Spurs at the Walkers.

Those were the three main areas I wanted to highlight. I'd also say that I'm thankful for his style of play – despite what the Hearts fans said when he came here he didn't just set the team up to defend all the time, or hoof all the time – it was a nice change. I'd also like to say thanks for some of the great league performances and results, Sheff U and Stoke at home, Watford away this season, Millwall, Leeds, Derby at home last season (the ones I can remember off the top of my head). It's a shame that the consistency just wasn't there.

I don't mind if no-one replies to this thread, if everyone hates Craig and is glad he's gone, I just wanted to say thanks for some of the good things he's done here, and hope that he's not remembered as an awful manager by the fans – whether he would have taken us down or taken us up we'll never know now. I wish him all the best for the future. :)

I agree with you. People have been harsh, extremely harsh on Levein. He's got rid of rubbish like Blake, Scowcroft, Nalis etc and brought in Fryatt, Hume... you know! McCarthy i think we all agree is future captain. Good luck Craig with all that you do.

Firstly, I don't want to start any arguments. If you hate Levein so much that you can't read anything vaguely complimentary towards him then don't read on. There are plenty of anti-Levein threads on here already, go and post in one of those.

I just wanted to start a thread thanking Craig for some of the good things he did for our club. It might not have worked out in the end but he had the best of intentions. Here are some things I think Craig did well:

1. Signings – Personally I think Levein has made some fantastic signings while here and hopefully their long-term contracts will mean we'll see the full benefit of that for years to come. Players like Hume, Fryatt, Hughes, McCarthy and Gerrbrand who I think are all brilliant players – and ones like Maybury, Johansson and Hammond (and any others I've forgotten) who also have good potential. And getting Smith here for a season; inspirational. Even the players that a lot of people don't like were a relief to me as they at least tried and put an effort in unlike some of the signings we've made under other managers.

2. Youth Setup – Levein did some good work with our youth set-up. Firstly by giving chances to players like Stearman, Sheehan and Wesolowski who we know have been at the club for a while and might not have been given a chance under other managers. And secondly the stuff that he has done behind the scenes for the youth set-up, getting players to train with the first team, watching reserve matches, drumming up more interest in the young players. Hopefully this will benefit us for years to come.

3. Cup Games – When Levein came in it seemed like ages since we'd had a good cup run and he gave us three. The inability to convert the cup form into the league form is probably what did for him in the end, but those cup games were certainly very enjoyable. Reading away, last minute winner, Charlton away, last minute winner, Blackburn away, last minute cheating, diving penalty, 7000 City fans, Cardiff away, revenge for the league result, Bolton away, taking them into extra time – and my personal favourite, a game that is probably the most enjoyable one I've seen from Leicester for about five years at least, the win against Spurs at the Walkers.

Those were the three main areas I wanted to highlight. I'd also say that I'm thankful for his style of play – despite what the Hearts fans said when he came here he didn't just set the team up to defend all the time, or hoof all the time – it was a nice change. I'd also like to say thanks for some of the great league performances and results, Sheff U and Stoke at home, Watford away this season, Millwall, Leeds, Derby at home last season (the ones I can remember off the top of my head). It's a shame that the consistency just wasn't there.

I don't mind if no-one replies to this thread, if everyone hates Craig and is glad he's gone, I just wanted to say thanks for some of the good things he's done here, and hope that he's not remembered as an awful manager by the fans – whether he would have taken us down or taken us up we'll never know now. I wish him all the best for the future. :)

Spot on louise, football as we know is a fine line between sucess and failure. His signings were good, style of play good (doesnt give you neckache) and did well to change things for the better.

In the end its a results game and sadly it was to late for him, an articulate man who had many good points.

Good luck Craig, sorry it didnt work out.

Shouldn't it be 'ChimpS'? Do you suffer from multiple personality disorder or are you conjoined twins with divergent personalities? Your post is a mass of contradictions. Seems like you are in denial about something.

I'm presenting you with the Bobby Gould Award for most ludicrous sentence of the season:

'The long term goals he touted were exactly what the club needed after the short-terminism of Adams and if he'd been able to see them through we might have been talking about CL in years to come in the same way as we talk about MON now.'

The good thing about being a mature adult with a balanced sense of self-esteem is that you can ignore these kind of remarks, but that's not something you'd know about now is it Chandler.

If you want to start a reasonable debate then do so, but please, don't try to bait/troll me, you're really not that good at it.

:thumbup:

Then why bother posting in this thread when I clearly said at the start that if you don't like Craig, stop reading. There are plenty of other threads on here for people to slag off Craig in, its been an ongoing boring theme for weeks.

Sorry Louise but I'll post what I want, where I want and when I want.

As long as it's not against the guidelines of the board, you're going to have to live with it.

I didn't like Craig but why should I stop reading your post? I'm open to have my views changed on anything and surely not reading on would show a distinct lack of open mindedness on my part. Unfortunately I don't agree with all of your points. I think any succesor to MA would have had the opportunity to do some of the things that Craig did. Like all managers he made some good signings and he made some bad. Ultimately though I stand by my point that we are staring third division football right in the face.

To thank him for that is not within me.

You can't start a thread and decide from outset the types of contributions that you want, that is the nature of debate. Why do think it is that there are a load of threads that people have slagged Craig off? Is it because he was doing a good job? People had every right to support him in those threads but in the main didn't. I'm sorry if you find that boring. To me it could mean the difference between having a football with a future or not.

I never liked him but I never booed him or sang "Levein Out" I'd rather he'd have turned things around. I follow this club all round the country, and it's the club I care about passionately not individuals.

He's gone and hopefully we'll gain a bit of impetus from whoever takes the reins.

And I thought I was paranoid.... :rolleyes:

I would like to wish Craig all the best. I feel sad that it didn't work out, although whether I'm sad for CL or the club is debatable! This clearly wasn't the right time or the right place for him. It's a pity we're so close to the drop before anyone realised.

So, my careful statisitical analysis (post Plymouth) identifying precisely where the team had fallen down and what was needed to stay up was yet another figment of my imagination Lisa?

Your most recent email to me on the subject of moderators was as unenlightening as I expected it to be. Why don't you 'out' your fun chums from their closet so we can all see what a bunch of petty, vindictive perverts they really are?

The lot of you are so full of stuffed up pride you were prepared to let your club go to the dogs rather than admit you were wrong about Levein. It's interesting that the only place I here these stupid sentiments is here and on the other board.

Because out there in the REAL WORLD no one agrees with you..

Same as most people

Would like to thank craig for laying a good foundation and i'm hopeful a better manager can build on the foundation and take us back to the prem :D

Quite clearly these 'foundations' were too weak to support the superstructure. It will be interesting to see what the new man will do with them.

I think he'll start digging another trench...

Your most recent email to me on the subject of moderators was as unenlightening as I expected it to be. Why don't you 'out' your fun chums from their closet so we can all see what a bunch of petty, vindictive perverts they really are?

For the record, I'm neither petty nor vindictive. Whether I'm a pervert or not is not really relevant. After several months, and more denials, I will eventually admit that I am a pervert - as is the fashion these days.

I know this isn't Craig that i'm talking about but I have just sent an e-mail to Tim Davis with An Apology (I did send a fair few e-mail to Tim Davies some/most were constructive and had good points and reason but the odd e-mail I sent was abit OTT) so I have sent Tim an apolgy e-mail and a Thank-You e-mail.

Its only fair, Alot of fans have sent him e-mails giving him all the hassle about Levein...and I don't really think it's fair giving Davis loads of shite saying "Sack Him" e.t.c and then when Davies does do the right thing not giving Davies any credit.

I know this isn't Craig that i'm talking about but I have just sent an e-mail to Tim Davis with An Apology (I did send a fair few e-mail to Tim Davies some/most were constructive and had good points and reason but the odd e-mail I sent was abit OTT) so I have sent Tim an apolgy e-mail and a Thank-You e-mail.

Its only fair, Alot of fans have sent him e-mails giving him all the hassle about Levein...and I don't really think it's fair giving Davis loads of shite saying "Sack Him" e.t.c and then when Davies does do the right thing not giving Davies any credit.

Good point that is i think we should all give him credit, unless of coure you didn't want craig out :D

Whats his email address again? Too lazy too look through the posts?

Archived