Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
long live david kelly

newell in

only man to lead leicester forward playing attractive quality attacking football bring back crowds and spirit step forward mike newell. one mikey newell only one mikey newell.may i add thanks for fock all craig hope you sit and reflect upon your experiance retire and do not darken footballs door again.

Not very thoughtful there, he has actually got rid of all the dross on high wages, and I believe he's left a good squad of players for the right man to kick the players up the arse and hopefully move onwards and upwards.

How do you kno he did not want the job,when adams left,things change,we have a better team now ,and some good youth players on the way throught the ranks,

He publicly stated he didn't want it. A year and a bit on and we are in a worse state position wise and his club are in a better state.

How do you kno he did not want the job,when adams left,things change,we have a better team now ,and some good youth players on the way throught the ranks,

It was well publised he didn't want the job.

things do change. ffs. You looked at the league table. That could quite possible have a bearing on his descion.

Bizarrely enough, even though our league position has gone from bad to worse, I think the club is a much more attractive prospect for an incoming manager than it was when MA left.

Whether Mike Newell wants to come or not I've no idea, but the club has far more potential than Luton in terms of Staduim, Support etc.

Simon

He could get us relegated. Why would he move from a team with a chance of the play offs, to Leicester. He'd have to upsticks move to the midlands. Arrive in a job with amense preassure, get to know new playing staff and get them winning immediatly to stop the club from getting relegated. He can't bring his own players in either. If we go down we have no money, and he will be expected to immediate return to the championship or he will get the sack. Why go through all that when you sitting pretty in ninth with Luton? The job has about as much appeal as a Luton sewage clearner postion from Newhalls point of view.

This is all before you consider he didnt want the job when we werent in a terrible league postion.

Mike Newhall will not be the next Leicester manager.

He could get us relegated. Why would he move from a team with a chance of the play offs, to Leicester. He'd have to upsticks move to the midlands. Arrive in a job with amense preassure, get to know new playing staff and get them winning immediatly to stop the club from getting relegated. He can't bring his own players in either. If we go down we have no money, and he will be expected to immediate return to the championship or he will get the sack. Why go through all that when you sitting pretty in ninth with Luton? The job has about as much appeal as a Luton sewage clearner postion from Newhalls point of view.

This is all before you consider he didnt want the job when we werent in a terrible league postion.

Mike Newhall will not be the next Leicester manager.

you are a positive indervidual like your short term thinking, being a manager is about the challenge we do still have more money than luton we do have top class facilities newell played most his life north of luton would the wigan job be more attractive than the newcastle job because they have more points and are in a cup final perhaps, perhaps not luton will never be as big as leicester long term

Not very thoughtful there, he has actually got rid of all the dross on high wages,

I take issue with this.

Nathan Blake, Peter Canero, Nikos Dabizas, Scot Gemmill, Keith Gillespie and Ian Walker all left because their contracts expired and Craig was told by the board that he hadn't the money to re-sign them.

Levein, in reality, had little to do with reducing the wage bill. The high earners ran down their contracts and left the club while the manager went about wasting good money paying the wages of Kisnorbo, Hammil etc etc.

I take issue with this.

Nathan Blake, Peter Canero, Nikos Dabizas, Scot Gemmill, Keith Gillespie and Ian Walker all left because their contracts expired and Craig was told by the board that he hadn't the money to re-sign them.

Levein, in reality, had little to do with reducing the wage bill. The high earners ran down their contracts and left the club while the manager went about wasting good money paying the wages of Kisnorbo, Hammil etc etc.

here here no positives from cl reign

I take issue with this.

How difficult can it be to not resign someone on 15K ayear, when they are no use to the club.

Too much praise has been given to Cl on reducing the wage bill.

Had he personally photographed Dabizas drawing a moustache on Linekers portrait, and sacked him , then well done, but no, they came to the end of their contracts and he was forbidden to resign them unless they cut their wages in half.

In all seriousness, can anyone give me an example of how CL has gone out of his way to reduce this clubs wage bill?

Archived