Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burnley rufuse permission to speak to Cotterill.

Hi, Burnley fan here

can you afford him?

FYI

He started the season playing 4-4-2 and simply we were relegation candidates - literally bottom of league. Switched back to 4-5-1 and we have done well since. He signed the players but they couldn't play 4-4-2

He's been good for us and would be sorry to see him go. It seems likely he will go - perhaps the danger of relegation the only off puting factor?

As for Leicester being bigger - well bigger crowds sure.

Also find the idea that Leicester have ever been a good footballing side a bit amusing

Isn't Cotterill's contract up next month? If so surely the compensation won't be alot? I read that somewhere i'm sure I did.

I was refering to compensation not wgaes

He has another year on his contract after after May/June

Compensation would be about £150-200k maximum?? We could afford that, we'd have to anyway. Got a million coming our way when Wigan stay up from the Connolly transfer.

Steve was appointed as the manager of Burnley Football Club in June of 2004

He is now one of the best qualified coaches in the game, having passed his UEFA 'Pro' License and will be hoping to enjoy a successful spell at Turf Moor having signed a three year contract with the Clarets.

Source

Sorry lads, his contract's a biggish one!

/edit: damn someone beat me to it. Copy and Paste is no match for real knowledge I guess ;):D

Hmm. Well, I still don't want him. But it looks like the club have decided he's our no. 1 choice, so I'll just have to live with that. And start taking books to matches.

39 goals this season compared to our 29. 7 more wins than us and all by playing 4-5-1. Don't let the formation get in the way of your judgement on him, he'll more than likely not play it with the players we have here.

Hmm. Well, I still don't want him. But it looks like the club have decided he's our no. 1 choice, so I'll just have to live with that. And start taking books to matches.

Any reason for not wanting him?

Seems some of those among us would sell their own parents to get him here, and the others would do the same just to keep him away - that's just what the club needs now, a bit of controversy :laugh: :thumbup:

Cotterill would get us organised and make us hard to beat like most fans have wanted us to be. When Burnley came to the Walkers they played a 4-5-1 when defending but when attacking they came forward a lot, and with players like Hume,Hammond who can play on the flanks Cotterill could make us into a very decent unit. Plus having had experience of the place as a coach it wouldn't take long for him to settle in as oppose to other managerial options. He didn't play 4-5-1 as stoke manager did he? can never remember them playing that way.

Any reason for not wanting him?

I know the logical thing would be for me to have a proper reason. I usually would. In this case, I just don't like him. I didn't like him when he was here before and I don't like him now. Just a gut feeling :dunno: My personal feelings won't matter if he keeps us up of course.

Don't let the formation get in the way of your judgement on him, he'll more than likely not play it with the players we have here.

It was not really the formation that I was thinking of, it was the couple of times we've played them in the last couple of seasons when they've been the most boring matches I've been to all season.

39 goals this season compared to our 29. 7 more wins than us and all by playing 4-5-1. Don't let the formation get in the way of your judgement on him, he'll more than likely not play it with the players we have here.

Do we have a formation that suits our unique players?

If it does exist, it probably doesn't include that lazy gobsh*te Sylla. lol

So Cotterill's main attribute is the ability to pick a starting 11 and formation based on the strengths of the players? Or is he a motivational type who can get any lazy parasite to play like a fotballing god?

During the last 2 seasons when we have been consistently above you?

Still, we've no objection to keeping him here if you're all so dead against him

I think if you look around, tho not everyone is in favour of appointing him, there is a large block of people who are very eager for him to join. And I'm sure they'll be very grateful to you if you let him join. :P

During the last 2 seasons when we have been consistently above you?

Still, we've no objection to keeping him here if you're all so dead against him

Don't worry. Other than myself, Mr C (I assume), Thracian and Ultra everyone else seems to be weeing their pants at the prospect of him coming here.

I'm a bit suspicious about this anyway... On the one hand I'm sure we wouldn't have approached him if he wasn't our first choice and if we didn't have some hope of getting him. On the other, Cotterill could just be using our interest to get more money from the Ade deal.

Don't worry. Other than myself, Mr C (I assume), Thracian and Ultra everyone else seems to be weeing their pants at the prospect of him coming here.

Who would be your choice other than Neil Lennon? Bearing in mind we are unlikely to get anyone from this league or higher?

has anyone ever thought that Cotterill wouldnt want to come here? He is building something at Burnley (albeit slowly) and although we are a "bigger" club, Burnley look to be progressing forward better than we are.

I have thought that and he possibly might not, but there is a post in this thread from a Burnley fan who also broke the news we wanted him on thursday/friday before anything had been said and apparently Cotterill wants to come.

I personally am not convinced Cotterill would be the right man but hey if he comes here then it's certainly not going to be the worst manager we could have bought in. I would like to see Martin Allen or Mike Newell. Dunno what the chances of either of them coming here would be but thats my two cents either way..

Having taken the moral high ground sevaral times when teams have nicked out managers or attempted to do it, I hope now that Burnley have said no that is the end of it. That doesn't mean I don't want Cotterill, but no is no.

At least it keeps Peter Reid from the door a little longer and it's good to know that neither Dublin nor Kelly are/were serious candidates.

I'm sceptical about Cotterill, I really hate the way Burnley play but the hope he'll get us fighting for points.

We'll just have to see.

Archived