Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burnley rufuse permission to speak to Cotterill.

It's all in Cotterill's hands, he's in a win win situation, stays with Burnley and gets a higher paid contract or he can move to a bigger club!!

I hope Cotterill makes his mind up soon so we all can get on with our lives!!!

Bigger club lower down the league and, as pointed out, it is in BFC's hands - he's got another 18 months on his contract - if he walks it will cost him and any prospective employers

thats just a caveat.... it gives you the option to say "I told you so" when its announced....

Of course its likely to be someone less popular than say MON or Kevin Keegan, because we have feck all chance of getting them...

You cant lose really can you? :devil:

Its just a statement, when the actual manager is announced I doubt he will have the crendtials of Steve Cotterill. I think were punching above our weight and people certainly shouldn't be thinking Cotterill is going to be bad for this club as compared to what could be employed

It will be someone like Reid or worse Gregory, basically someone who would make Cotterill look like a damn good appointment.

I dont KNOW anything im just guessing, I care little for the stupid rumours that appear on this site as I have moaned many times. Im not one of these muppets that claim Theirry Henry will be announced as player/manager/groundsman at 9am on Tuesday morning, and then tell people they can apolgise to me when im right. Before dissapearing for a week, then resurfacing with a new rumour that Fernando Cavanghi's Jaguar was seen in the Morrisons car park near the walkers. :rolleyes: .

Its just a statement, when the actual manager is announced I doubt he will have the crendtials of Steve Cotterill. I think were punching above our weight and people certainly shouldn't be thinking Cotterill is going to be bad for this club as compared to what could be employed

It will be someone like Reid or worse Gregory, basically someone who would make Cotterill look like a damn good appointment.

I dont KNOW anything im just guessing, I care little for the stupid rumours that appear on this site as I have moaned many times. Im not one of these muppets that claim Theirry Henry will be announced as player/manager/groundsman at 9am on Tuesday morning, and then tell people they can apolgise to me when im right. Before dissapearing for a week, then resurfacing with a new rumour that Fernando Cavanghi's Jaguar was seen in the Morrisons car park near the walkers. :rolleyes: .

Fair comment mate, I agree its mainly stupid rumours, I hope we get Cotterill, I'd like Newell but that isn't going to happpen, and if we get some one with the championship ability of Cotterill, then I'll be well chuffed. I mean at least we have approached him, and hopefully that is a good sign.

I would be very happy if Cotterill was appointed. He knows this league inside out and knows how to win ugly...something we can't do. His teams will always give the opposition a tough game and he will get results.

Bring him in.

I would be very happy if Cotterill was appointed. He knows this league inside out and knows how to win ugly...something we can't do. His teams will always give the opposition a tough game and he will get results.

Bring him in.

Quite right.

Forget the formation nonsense. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 doesn't matter to me.

I want to win some games and I want to start soon.

I can live with ugly (you should see Mrs Hullcox).

You can take this 2 ways :-

One, its Steve Cotterill is trying to get the contracts talk going at Burnley and is using Leicesters interest as a tool for this.

Two, the chairman is having a panic that Cotterill is leaving and they are attempting to offer him more money to make him stay ...

?

city have done the same in the past when trying to hang on to managers without offering more money for signings. offer a better contract. normally in our case it never worked and the manager left anyway.

if our board is ruthless like it needs to be in our situation they will do the same has have been done to us in the past and get their man. if not they will never get anywhere in this industry.

If you think Cotterill is a defensive manager, I'd suggest you do a little homework Ricey!!

Anyone can play attacking football against weak opposition but why this fear of it generally?. Did you not watch the two Burnley games this season?. Burnley were once a marvellously attacking side in the days of Jimmy IcIlroy and were they struggling where City are now?. No, they were in the top flight and a test for anyone.

Why do so many people make such a virtue of ugly football when we haven't got the team to play it and it is so horrible to watch anyway?.

Burnley were bloody awful entertainment on the occasions they crossed our paths this season. What therefore is the big attraction? What am I missing in all this?

You can't even kick people properly now anyway so why don't we try to get the club into the 21st century?

Burnley were bloody awful entertainment on the occasions they crossed our paths this season. What therefore is the big attraction? What am I missing in all this?

I have a friend who is a season Ticket holder at Turf Moor.

On the two occasions we have met them this year it was he who walked away from the game smiling, not me.

Anyone can play attacking football against weak opposition but why this fear of it generally?. Did you not watch the two Burnley games this season?. Burnley were once a marvellously attacking side in the days of Jimmy IcIlroy and were they struggling where City are now?. No, they were in the top flight and a test for anyone.

Why do so many people make such a virtue of ugly football when we haven't got the team to play it and it is so horrible to watch anyway?.

You can't even kick people properly now anyway so why don't we try to get the club into the 21st century?

Not sure why you used a previous quote of mine for that response Thracian. All I'll say in defence of what you call "ugly football" is that Bolton seem to be doing all right playing direct.

Thracian - sorry but you're in some sort of fantasy world if you think we'll get a new manager who'll make us play like Brazil and get the results of Chelsea. We need results more than anything - in fact, football is a results business. It doesn't matter how you win, so long as you do.

And Steve Cotterill will get us results - pure and simple. We might not be pretty but we'll be effective. Nobody complained about Brian Little's tactics which proved successful; nobody complained about O'Neill's direct football; very few people complained about the Adams long ball football that got us promoted. Why all of a sudden should we expect the next manager to try 'total football'?

Thracian - sorry but you're in some sort of fantasy world if you think we'll get a new manager who'll make us play like Brazil and get the results of Chelsea. We need results more than anything - in fact, football is a results business. It doesn't matter how you win, so long as you do.

And Steve Cotterill will get us results - pure and simple. We might not be pretty but we'll be effective. Nobody complained about Brian Little's tactics which proved successful; nobody complained about O'Neill's direct football; very few people complained about the Adams long ball football that got us promoted. Why all of a sudden should we expect the next manager to try 'total football'?

:thumbup: I don't think at this stage in the season and the position were in, we need a manager that's gonna wanna start playing pretty football, we need someone that's gonna motivate the team to grind out the resut no matter what style we play, hoofing or on the floor - we need the passion starting from the manager to put beleif into the players we have......

:thumbup: I don't think at this stage in the season and the position were in, we need a manager that's gonna wanna start playing pretty football, we need someone that's gonna motivate the team to grind out the resut no matter what style we play, hoofing or on the floor - we need the passion starting from the manager to put beleif into the players we have......

Exactly all we need is results it doesnt matter how we play as long as we win thats all.

I'm in two minds about Cotterill. He's obviously done a fantastic job at Burnley on very little resources, but at the same time, their style of play wasn't pleasing on the eye to say the least. Saying that, he is a man who will grind out results, and that is what we need. As Anish said, no one will care about our style of play, as long as we're winning games and dragging ourselves away from the relegation zone.

He is known to be one of the more clued up managers around, who gets the best out of his players. You only have to take Akinbiyi as an example. Turning him from a wreck in front of goal to one of the top scorers in this league, and making a hefty profit on him as well.

I certainly wouldn't oppose him coming here. We're not likely to get much better, are we?

Archived