Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burnley rufuse permission to speak to Cotterill.

Leicester might consider both Cotterill and Thordarson to be what they want and take the cheaper, simpler option with the Icelander. Especially considering the time factor.

Agreed, time is crucial, we have a big game against Brighton soon and we need a new manager asap to influence city a to win!!!

I would prefer cotterill but Burnley may become stubborn which in the short term will make city look elsewhere!!!

Why do you like him so much? There seems a decent groundswell of support for Cotterill generally which just makes me want someone, anyone to explain why anyone would wish the sort of football Cotterill has promoted at Burnley to be foisted on City?

Hasn't such football been seen to f..k us up enough?

1. We need reasults he gets them.

2. he played 4-5-1 because Burnley really were thin on the ground when it comes to strikers, not beacuse he's defensive, if you look at Burnleys midfield its full of players who got foward bar one.

3. he seems to be a good motivator

Why do you like him so much? There seems a decent groundswell of support for Cotterill generally which just makes me want someone, anyone to explain why anyone would wish the sort of football Cotterill has promoted at Burnley to be foisted on City?

Look at the table... it's results and not performances we need.

I don't care how we play if we are getting the results.

Look at the table... it's results and not performances we need.

I don't care how we play if we are getting the results.

Your logic is as flawed as your spelling (please check & correct the headline).

Cotterill has experience in fighting and losing relegation battles as a coach with us and Sunderland. In both cases his survival plan consisted on packing the defence and hoping for a 1-0. And in both cases the strategy failed. Why do folks assume he'll do any better next time?

Gary Megson tried a similar method up the A46 last season. And look where Forest are now!

If Cotterill walks in through the door we may as well kiss goodbye to our beloved club NOW! :(

cant remember when or where but i do remember cotts earlier in the season saying leicester are a big club and that city are bigger than burnley. always wondered how that went down over there?

He was stating a fact. Why should they have a problem with that?

Cotterill has experience in fighting and losing relegation battles as a coach with us and Sunderland. In both cases his survival plan consisted on packing the defence and hoping for a 1-0. And in both cases the strategy failed. Why do folks assume he'll do any better next time?

Gary Megson tried a similar method up the A46 last season. And look where Forest are now!

If Cotterill walks in through the door we may as well kiss goodbye to our beloved club NOW! :(

Im sorry thats hilarious, when did we ever pack the defense in the prem? Oh and coaches dont pick teams or formations. :unsure::whistle: To be fair Cotterill didn't even turn up till after christmas in our case, when we were already neck deep in s**t

Bollocks! Cotterill didn't play 4-5-1 at Cheltenham or Stoke. He's only played that at Burnley because of the lack of resources. If he does come here and plays 4-5-1 I will however admit i'm wrong, but to be honest Burnley have score more goals than us and we've been playing 4-4-2.

This has just been posted on TFF.

Some intresting news...

Word is that Leicester have been refused permission to talk to Steve , but here's the big thing , Steve wants to leave. There's a board meeting later on today to discuss the situation and rumour has it that the Burnley board will have to let Leicester speak to Cotteril beacuase he simply does'nt want to stay at Turf Moor.

Board Meeting scheduled for 3pm today , I'll try and keep you informed.

This is the same poster that said we had made an approach for Cotterill on saturday night.

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/...897entry66897

this is a good point however, the teams football under adams and brian little was very much tough, no-nonsense stuff. battering teams physically. it wasnt pretty but it was more than adequate to get the job done.

cotterill appears to favour 4-5-1 which isnt ideal but people should be prepared for that if he does come here.

i personally would love to see a 3 man central midfield of hughes, joey and williams

I was reading up on the man, sounds like he's done a pretty good job at Burnley with no resources and limited money, and it looks as if he's on the verge of falling out with Burnley. At least the man knows the english game, and I was a bit more positive after the saturdays game, that we may win a few games before the season is over, so if he wants to come, give him the job..... he's got to be better than CL or Monkey Head !!!

a) I was rushing to get the bloody news up. This is not a spelling competition.

b) My logic is flawed?? ha ha nice. So you think that performances and not results matter. That's brilliant logic Ultra, fantastic.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Burnley's OS has the same article, just FYI

Burnley Football Club have rejected an approach for manager Steve Cotterill from Championship rivals Leicester City.

The Foxes wanted permission to speak to Cotterill about the vacant manager's position at the Walkers Stadium, following the departure of previous boss Craig Levein last week.

Cotterill spent six months as a coach with Leicester in the 2003/04 season under Micky Adams before he arrived at Turf Moor as boss in the summer of 2004.

Source

****in superb news! Obviously there's some way to go yet, but it appears Cotterill could well be on his way.

If its true what that fella on TFF is saying it does seem so!

I'd love him to come here , what he's done at Burnley is a tremendous achievement he's took them from a stuggling Championship side to a top 10 Championship side with no money , having to sell his best players ( Akynbyi and Blake ) but he also has an eye for talent with him bringing players like O'Connor and Spicer from the lower leagues and getting the best out of them at this level :D

Bollocks! Cotterill didn't play 4-5-1 at Cheltenham or Stoke. He's only played that at Burnley because of the lack of resources. If he does come here and plays 4-5-1 I will however admit i'm wrong, but to be honest Burnley have score more goals than us and we've been playing 4-4-2.

I dont think people fully understand this so I'll make it black and white for Ultra/Thrac.

Akibiyi aside, Burnleys strikers combined have managed to score about as many goals as Ian Hume this season. However John Spicer ( Centre Mid) has scored more league goals then De Vries. :huh: They have scored over 20 goals goals from midfield. more then our front four.

If its true what that fella on TFF is saying it does seem so!

I'd love him to come here , what he's done at Burnley is a tremendous achievement he's took them from a stuggling Championship side to a top 10 Championship side with no money , having to sell his best players ( Akynbyi and Blake ) but he also has an eye for talent with him bringing players like O'Connor and Spicer from the lower leagues and getting the best out of them at this level :D

Do you think he can get the best out of our players who also came from the lower reaches of the football world?

I'm thinking those from the Scottish Prem could do with a hand :devil::thumbup::smile:

I dont think people fully understand this so I'll make it black and white for Ultra/Thrac.

Akibiyi aside, Burnleys strikers combined have managed to score about as many goals as Ian Hume this season. However John Spicer ( Centre Mid) has scored more league goals then De Vries. :huh: They have scored over 20 goals goals from midfield. more then our front four.

Exactly. He only plays 4-5-1 because that system best suites his team, something Levein could of perhaps taken on board and used a formation that best suited his players.

39 goals they've scored compared to our 29.

Exactly. He only plays 4-5-1 because that system best suites his team, something Levein could of perhaps taken on board and used a formation that best suited his players.

39 goals they've scored compared to our 29.

It doesn't matter, as according to some it's performances and not results that matter.

Hi, Burnley fan here

can you afford him?

FYI

He started the season playing 4-4-2 and simply we were relegation candidates - literally bottom of league. Switched back to 4-5-1 and we have done well since. He signed the players but they couldn't play 4-4-2

He's been good for us and would be sorry to see him go. It seems likely he will go - perhaps the danger of relegation the only off puting factor?

As for Leicester being bigger - well bigger crowds sure.

Also find the idea that Leicester have ever been a good footballing side a bit amusing

It doesn't matter, as according to some it's performances and not results that matter.

Yes well.... what can you say :rolleyes:

Their performance at the walkers was a perfect away performance. :ermm: if I was a traveling fan I would not of minded it at all. Micah Hyde was absloutley brillitant and broke down everything we created ( not that that was hard ) what people need to relise is were not in a postion to be talking about have " 10 attack minded players " in our team :angry: espically away from home. Gung ho attacking football is going to get us relegated, as were simply not good enough to play like a total football team :unsure:.

Hi, Burnley fan here

can you afford him?

FYI

He started the season playing 4-4-2 and simply we were relegation candidates - literally bottom of league. Switched back to 4-5-1 and we have done well since. He signed the players but they couldn't play 4-4-2

He's been good for us and would be sorry to see him go. It seems likely he will go - perhaps the danger of relegation the only off puting factor?

As for Leicester being bigger - well bigger crowds sure.

Also find the idea that Leicester have ever been a good footballing side a bit amusing

We can afford to pay him, we have a very good rep of paying good wages, however whether we can pay his compo is another matter ...

Archived