Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burnley rufuse permission to speak to Cotterill.

As a matter of interest, what happens now? Does Cotterill walk out on Burnley and talk to Leicester?

He has options. He can sit tight and keep making noises about being unhappy. The interest from Leicester gives him a few extra bargaining chips in his feud with the board over transfer funds being made available following the sale of Ade.

Or..

He can simply resign and speak to us, if he really wants the job.

As a matter of interest, what happens now? Does Cotterill walk out on Burnley and talk to Leicester?

Yes, then the FA will probably fine us if we didn't compensate Burnley in some way.

Sam Allerdyce Left notts county to go to bolton and they got fined 250k I believe. (FA kept the money, county got nothing)

Not sure if there are any new rules though.

He has options. He can sit tight and keep making noises about being unhappy. The interest from Leicester gives him a few extra bargaining chips in his feud with the board over transfer funds being made available following the sale of Ade.

Or..

He can simply resign and speak to us, if he really wants the job.

Whatever happens we are going to owe Burnely some serious money if we get him.

I herd he was extremly pissed off they sold Addy to start off with. I think he even said somthing along the lines of " one day I would like job where I can control the ins and outs of players " which is probabley what Tim Davies will give him. If I remember rightly Levein had alot of power and it was him that allowed Conolly to go. Us being refused permision to talk to him might piss Cotterill of even more, I don't see him walking out though. If we wants the job he will ask to talk to us and Burnley will give way, if he doesn't this will be the last we hear of it.

Yes, then the FA will probably fine us if we didn't compensate Burnley in some way.

Sam Allerdyce Left notts county to go to bolton and they got fined 250k I believe. (FA kept the money, county got nothing)

Not sure if there are any new rules though.

We can't afford to do that, the FA are just waiting for a chance to sting this club and they'd probably make us pay a million.

We can't afford to do that, the FA are just waiting for a chance to sting this club and they'd probably make us pay a million.

It is in Burnleys interest to accept something, otherwise they get 0 and the FA get the money from the fine.

If what i read is to be believed, seemed sound enough though.

I hope this doesn't put the club off going for Cotterill now though. We need to get a new manager in asap and a hold up here isn't going to help. I personally think Cotterill will demand a chance to atleast talk to us. He's got previous for walking out on a club.

It is in Burnleys interest to accept something, otherwise they get 0 and the FA get the money from the fine.

If what i read is to be believed, seemed sound enough though.

It's in Burnleys interest to not allow us to talk to him. :P. They wont until they're confident he will walk otherwise. Remember he may not be interested.

It's in Burnleys interest to not allow us to talk to him. :P. They wont until they're confident he will walk otherwise. Remember he may not be interested.

If he had any sense he wouldn't be interested but for some reason managers and players alike seem to think this club is a prestigious place.

I just hope that if Cotterill doesn't come, that the board don't panic and give it to someone offering their services such as Reid or Gregory.

If he had any sense he wouldn't be interested but for some reason managers and players alike seem to think this club is a prestigious place.

I just hope that if Cotterill doesn't come, that the board don't panic and give it to someone offering their services such as Reid or Gregory.

I think they have already shown us which direction they want to go with it.

I can't see them panicing :whistle:

We were talking about if he walked out.

It's in Burnleys interest to not allow us to talk to him. They wont until they're confident he will walk otherwise. Remember he may not be interested.

as I said, if he wants the job, it wont get to the stage where he has to walk out. The Burnley board are money grabbing coonts, If they think he's likely to resign they will change their minds and drive him down to Leicester themselves. I very much doubt he's that intrested though unless he's really annoyed with the Burnley board.

I think they have already shown us which direction they want to go with it.

I can't see them panicing :whistle:

Very true, our board are actually thinking about this. The fact where going for Cotterill makes me feel alot more postive about the situation wheather we get him or not.

If we haven't got a new manager by the Wolves game I think they may start to panic.

This is all part of the management stealing process, Leicester and Cotterill have agreed something, Leicester have made an approach, Burnley say no, we want lots of money, Leicester offer money, Cotterill joins Leicester...

He'll be manager by the end of the week !!

This is all part of the management stealing process, Leicester and Cotterill have agreed something, Leicester have made an approach, Burnley say no, we want lots of money, Leicester offer money, Cotterill joins Leicester...

You'd certainly think if he wasn't interested he would have come out and said so. But I guess he could be using it as a stick to beat the Burnley board with, in an attempt to get some more cash.

Leicester might consider both Cotterill and Thordarson to be what they want and take the cheaper, simpler option with the Icelander. Especially considering the time factor.

Leicester might consider both Cotterill and Thordarson to be what they want and take the cheaper, simpler option with the Icelander.

Thordarson to me spells defeat though. It's as if the club have looked at the situation and thought, well Thordarson will cost us hardly anything and he's also got a good record in League One with Stoke so we'll go for him as he might get us promoted back to the championship next season.

**** that, we need someone who will cause a positive reaction from the players straight away. Cotterill is more equipped than Gudjon.

Thordarson to me spells defeat though. It's as if the club have looked at the situation and thought, well Thordarson will cost us hardly anything and he's also got a good record in League One with Stoke so we'll go for him as he might get us promoted back to the championship next season.

**** that, we need someone who will cause a positive reaction from the players straight away. Cotterill is more equipped than Gudjon.

Why do you like him so much? There seems a decent groundswell of support for Cotterill generally which just makes me want someone, anyone to explain why anyone would wish the sort of football Cotterill has promoted at Burnley to be foisted on City?

Hasn't such football been seen to f..k us up enough?

Archived