Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burnley rufuse permission to speak to Cotterill.

Having taken the moral high ground sevaral times when teams have nicked out managers or attempted to do it, I hope now that Burnley have said no that is the end of it. That doesn't mean I don't want Cotterill, but no is no.

At least it keeps Peter Reid from the door a little longer and it's good to know that neither Dublin nor Kelly are/were serious candidates.

I thought that myself.... but then I thought the the feckers never do us any favours when they want ours.

Here we are , the Burnley fan whos been one step ahead about the SC saga has sad this..

Steve Cotteril will talk to Leicester later on today about the possible move to the Walkers. The Burnley board have gave in and they simply cannot keep Cotteril against his wishes.

I am simply gutted.

If this is true, fantastic news!

It would be , seems as if this Burnley fan on TFF has abit of inside info.

He posted that we made an approach for Cotteril before any rumours had been leaked out.

Cotteril or Davies? I'd prefer Davies.

It would be , seems as if this Burnley fan on TFF has abit of inside info.

He posted that we made an approach for Cotteril before any rumours had been leaked out.

Cotteril or Davies? I'd prefer Davies.

Not fussed to be honest, both seem to know what they are doing.

I thought we were going to start a fresh. We've nothing wrong with the defensive side of our game, given the fact we've conceded the same amount as Burnley with a clown in goal. We just can't put the ball in the net. Steve Cotterill is no expert on attacking play.

Burnley are an average Championship side. I said months after they had a good start, they'd go nowhere playing the 4-5-1 formation. They are proving that now they're sliding down the table.

We're losing enough fans as it is, whether we go down or not, we'll sure be getting lower attendances next season. It's managers like this that are ruining football, and i hate them for it. My opinion certainly won't change if he becomes our manager, unless he has a sudden change of management style, unlikely.

I'd prefer Bassett for 4 months.

I thought we were going to start a fresh. We've nothing wrong with the defensive side of our game, given the fact we've conceded the same amount as Burnley with a clown in goal. We just can't put the ball in the net. Steve Cotterill is no expert on attacking play.

Burnley are an average Championship side. I said months after they had a good start, they'd go nowhere playing the 4-5-1 formation. They are proving that now they're sliding down the table.

We're losing enough fans as it is, whether we go down or not, we'll sure be getting lower attendances next season. It's managers like this that are ruining football, and i hate them for it. My opinion certainly won't change if he becomes our manager, unless he has a sudden change of management style, unlikely.

I'd prefer Bassett for 4 months.

I totally agree, our biggest problem has been scoring so why get in a defensive manager?

Sorry but i'd take Cotterill any day of the week. There's no way he's a strict 4-5-1 manager, he just hasn't got alot of choice with the squad of players he has at Burnley, ask their fans.

He didn't play 4-5-1 at Cheltenham I asked one of their fans who I know and he was very complimentary in Cotterill's style of management.

They were top 6 at the end of November.

And also, whoever said Cotterill has an eye for a striker?

Ade Akinbiyi.

Gifton Noel Williams.

Now Ade has gone, their replacement - Michael Ricketts. Fantastic indeed.

But we already have 4 strikers at this club, he doesn't need to sign a striker. There is no way he'd play 4-5-1 here and if he did it would be with Hume on the right wing and Smith on the left wing.

Akinbiyi is crap but has scored alot of goals for them. Whether that's a reflection on how good Cotterill is at getting the best out of players or showing that he signs crap players is up to you but i'd happily have Cotterill as manager.

They were top 6 at the end of November.

And also, whoever said Cotterill has an eye for a striker?

Ade Akinbiyi.

Gifton Noel Williams.

Now Ade has gone, their replacement - Michael Ricketts. Fantastic indeed.

Championship top scorer

Sold for 1.75 mil

quite right what a crap buy. :rolleyes:

But we already have 4 strikers at this club, he doesn't need to sign a striker. There is no way he'd play 4-5-1 here and if he did it would be with Hume on the right wing and Smith on the left wing.

Akinbiyi is crap but has scored alot of goals for them. Whether that's a reflection on how good Cotterill is at getting the best out of players or showing that he signs crap players is up to you but i'd happily have Cotterill as manager.

If he hasn't got an eye for a striker then neither has Warnock who has just paid through the nose for him!! We need not get hung up about systems etc. You can play any system on earth but if the players don't perform then it's all an irrelevance. He plays long ball direct football so I'd have him tomorrow....!!!

Fact is we don'y have to approach him direct. there are plenty of go-bewteens operating on football. If we really want him and he is really interested the other parties will know. he can resign then if he wants. No approach necessary

If he hasn't got an eye for a striker then neither has Warnock who has just paid through the nose for him!! We need not get hung up about systems etc. You can play any system on earth but if the players don't perform then it's all an irrelevance. He plays long ball direct football so I'd have him tomorrow....!!!

Systems, tactics and formations, most of our fans wouldn't know the difference. Championship Manager has a lot to answer for :)

Fact is we don'y have to approach him direct. there are plenty of go-bewteens operating on football. If we really want him and he is really interested the other parties will know. he can resign then if he wants. No approach necessary

and if he resigns he cannot work for you - or anybody else until his contract expires or suitable compo is agreed

You lot just wait and see who we actually appoint <_<

You'l be wishing we had Steve Cotterill.

thats just a caveat.... it gives you the option to say "I told you so" when its announced....

Of course its likely to be someone less popular than say MON or Kevin Keegan, because we have feck all chance of getting them...

You cant lose really can you? :devil:

BFC Chairmans Statement:-

'Burnley Chairman Barry Kilby has spoken again of his desire to agree a contract extension with manager Steve Cotterill, following an approach from Leicester City for permission to speak to the Clarets boss.

The Foxes are on the lookout for a new manager after dismissing previous incumbent Craig Levein last week and wanted to speak to Cotterill about the vacant position.

However, Kilby instantly refused permission to the Walkers Stadium outfit and explained: "Leicester came to us and asked if they could approach our manager and we said no, it's as simple as that.

"We aren't prepared to give them permission to speak to Steve because we want to keep him."

It was revealed at the club's Annual General Meeting in late 2005 that negotiations were taking place to extend Cotterill's contract at Turf Moor and Kilby revealed that those talks are still ongoing.

"He's still our manager for another season and a half and we're in the process of negotiating an extension to that contract," he added.

"We have a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and there is still a year and a half to go on his current contract."'

BFC Chairmans Statement:-

'Burnley Chairman Barry Kilby has spoken again of his desire to agree a contract extension with manager Steve Cotterill, following an approach from Leicester City for permission to speak to the Clarets boss.

The Foxes are on the lookout for a new manager after dismissing previous incumbent Craig Levein last week and wanted to speak to Cotterill about the vacant position.

However, Kilby instantly refused permission to the Walkers Stadium outfit and explained: "Leicester came to us and asked if they could approach our manager and we said no, it's as simple as that.

"We aren't prepared to give them permission to speak to Steve because we want to keep him."

It was revealed at the club's Annual General Meeting in late 2005 that negotiations were taking place to extend Cotterill's contract at Turf Moor and Kilby revealed that those talks are still ongoing.

"He's still our manager for another season and a half and we're in the process of negotiating an extension to that contract," he added.

"We have a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and there is still a year and a half to go on his current contract."'

You can take this 2 ways :-

One, its Steve Cotterill is trying to get the contracts talk going at Burnley and is using Leicesters interest as a tool for this.

Two, the chairman is having a panic that Cotterill is leaving and they are attempting to offer him more money to make him stay ...

?

Archived