Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Why, Earnie, why?

Earnie to Norwich. :cry:

What a waste of talent. Not really great news for Championship deffences, either.

Norwich have agreed a £3.5m deal for West Bromwich Albion's out-of-favour Wales striker Robert Earnshaw.

The 24-year-old Welsh international is undergoing a medical at Carrow Road and is expected to sign a three-and-a-half year deal with the Canaries.

It is thought the Canaries will pay an initial £3m for Earnshaw, with the figure rising to £3.5m with additions.

Earnshaw, who was Albion's top scorer last season, has started just four Premiership games this year.

Earnshaw started his career at Cardiff but moved to The Hawthorns for a fee of £3.5m in August 2004.

In his first season he scored 11 goals in 18 league starts to help Bryan Robson's side stay in the top flight.

But he has found himself down the pecking order this season, having to settle for brief appearances off the bench and indicated he wanted to leave.

The club twice turned down transfer requests from the forward before finally admitting he could leave if the price was right.

But it appeared he was unlikely to get his move, with the Baggies holding out for the fee they paid Cardiff.

Norwich had said they were unwilling to meet the Baggies' asking price.

But the club are chasing a play-off place and have £7.25m to spend following the departure of Dean Ashton to West Ham.

Earnshaw is Norwich's third signing of the day, following the loan captures of Zesh Rehman and Jonatan Johansson.

Bollocks, mate. Go look at his 04/05 figures. Why Robson never played him this season is a total mystery. Everyone remembers the relegation battle and West Brom's fantastic final day, but you have to look at who kept them up by actually knocking them in all year.

He scored more goals for West Brom in the 04/05 season than any other striker of theirs put together.

Bollocks, mate. Go look at his 04/05 figures. Why Robson never played him this season is a total mystery. Everyone remembers the relegation battle and West Brom's fantastic final day, but you have to look at who kept them up by actually knocking them in all year.

He scored more goals for West Brom in the 04/05 season than any other striker of theirs put together.

woah whats with the bollocks , is site is opinion based and my opinion is that he needs to raise his game to compete in the premiership , obviously 19 other premiership managers agree with me or else they would have bought him :ermm:

better than ashton lol

Great player, ugly as **** though.

I rate Ashton aswell though, hard to say who's better.

I'm still a bit undecided with Ashton he's done pretty well and will probably do better at WHU, with better players around him he should get more chances, but he's not set the world alight this season in the Championship and may struggle. Put it this way if you had 7 million to spend would you buy 2 Earnies or 1 Ashton?

I'm still a bit undecided with Ashton he's done pretty well and will probably do better at WHU, with better players around him he should get more chances, but he's not set the world alight this season in the Championship and may struggle. Put it this way if you had 7 million to spend would you buy 2 Earnies or 1 Ashton?

Or 20 Fryatt's :D

woah whats with the bollocks , is site is opinion based and my opinion is that he needs to raise his game to compete in the premiership , obviously 19 other premiership managers agree with me or else they would have bought him

You're totally entitled to your opinion - but when facts contradict it, it's a load of wank. I wasn't joking about Earnie's goalstats compared to Kanu, Horsefield and co last season. And as for 19 other premiership managers - there was plenty of interest for Earnie in December and January (Birmingham, Everton, Charlton and Fulham to name a few), and Robson continuously told them where to get effed. Then when he realises he does have Kanu over the cup-of-nations period he lets him go off, last minute, when everyone else has gone elsewhere.

Ernies gonna getcha Ernies gonna getcha

:D :D Eaaaaarnie's gonna getcha!

You're totally entitled to your opinion - but when facts contradict it, it's a load of wank. I wasn't joking about Earnie's goalstats compared to Kanu, Horsefield and co last season. And as for 19 other premiership managers - there was plenty of interest for Earnie in December and January (Birmingham, Everton, Charlton and Fulham to name a few), and Robson continuously told them where to get effed. Then when he realises he does have Kanu over the cup-of-nations period he lets him go off, last minute, when everyone else has gone elsewhere.

:D :D Eaaaaarnie's gonna getcha!

plenty of interest ? were there any concrete offers ? why no interest this time ?

you talk about opinions , surely if he was this superstar you say he is robson WOULD have picked him , its harsly as west brom are overloaded with premiership quality strikers

dont get me wrong , i belive he will score a bagful in the championship and good luck to him , i aint come on here to fall out with anybody over a bloody welshman who really couldnt give a fock weather he stayed at west brom or went norwich , all i was mearly stating was that he has hardly been a premier success

Football might be a highly proffesional industry - but you'll still get bias and you'll still get petty managers. Look at Levein and de Vries - he's proven to be useless at this level, yet week-in, week-out he got picked up front while others may have scored more than he. Ditto Kanu, ditto Horsefield - and Earnshaw's sat shrugging his shoulders.

For some reason, Robson just didn't like Earnshaw. It might sound like I'm being petty, or daft - but is it that unbelievable? It's not exactly as if Robson has a history of enormous, fantastic, amazing football, managerial success and I'm sure he's just as human as anyone else.

Archived