Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IDEA OR IKEA

Campbell

It's been doing the rounds for a few years now that Campbell might catch the other bus and as Babylon has said, the papers are about to run a story this weekend about him and it's causing him massive problems.

I hope it doesn't make him quit football because quite frankly he's a damn good footballer.

It's been doing the rounds for a few years now that Campbell might catch the other bus and as Babylon has said, the papers are about to run a story this weekend about him and it's causing him massive problems.

I hope it doesn't make him quit football because quite frankly he's a damn good footballer.

Really, is he a Queer?

His dad died quite a while ago now.

The story I heard is that the NOTW will run a story about him this weekend. I believe they will be "outing" him.

If this is the case, then I have no sympathy, what is he ashamed off?

Organisations have campaigned on behalf of gays for years so he should stand up and be counted like the rest of them.

He has a right to keep his private live just that private, but come on Sol it's 2006 not 1976 when Elton came out, take a leaf out of his book and just laugh it off :unsure:

Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

We can always rely on you for a brilliant analogy :thumbup:

If this is the case, then I have no sympathy, what is he ashamed off?

Organisations have campaigned on behalf of gays for years so he should stand up and be counted like the rest of them.

He has a right to keep his private live just that private, but come on Sol it's 2006 not 1976 when Elton came out, take a leaf out of his book and just laugh it off :unsure:

Why should the media make such a big deal out of someone's sexuality?

It's bollocks, if Sol is indeed gay but doesn't want it broadcasting to the nation, that's surely his choice?

Laugh it off with 50,000 people singing "do you take it up the bum". I'd find it difficult to laugh.

Elton faced some abuse from people here and there, but when he was in front of 50,000 they were his fans and weren't there to abuse him.

Lets hope everything goes well if it is true, maybe then other footballers can feel comfortable enough to come out as well.

Wenger admits to Campbell worries

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is concerned for Sol Campbell's wellbeing - and said he does not know when he will next see the player.

Campbell left Highbury before the end of Wednesday's 3-2 defeat to West Ham after he was substituted at half-time.

Now Wenger has said: "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. The reason? Only he can answer."

Team-mate Robert Pires said earlier on Friday that 31-year-old Campbell had a "big worry" in his private life.

Campbell was taken off after a torrid first-half display in the defeat to West Ham.

Wenger gave the centre-back time off training and revealed he would not feature against Birmingham on Saturday.

Now he has revealed he has not spoken to him since the night of the West Ham match.

Wenger, speaking to the London Evening Standard newspaper, added: "He was disappointed by his performance on Wednesday. I had not seen any special problem affecting him.

I have tried to phone him but it was hard to get him

Campbell's team-mate Kolo Toure

"There is no bad feeling between us. Does he have a future at Arsenal? Of course. I don't know when I will see him - next week, certainly, but I do not know when.

"I will talk with him but at the moment I am more focused on the game at Birmingham.

"I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. It is down to the individual. There is no reason he cannot be the same player."

Later on Friday, in his weekly news conference, Wenger was reluctant to go into the Campbell saga further, insisting he was concentrating on preparations for the Birmingham match.

But he did add: "We don't want to interfere with the private lives of our players - that's down to them and we respect that. I cannot comment on anything like that.

"At some stage you have to stop talking about it, respect what is happening and focus on what is important for him and the club."

Pires, speaking to a French radio station, said: "He certainly has a big worry on the private side and that is what is upsetting him."

I don't know what I'll do about it at the moment, I must think

Arsene Wenger

But while Wenger did not seem to know where Campbell was, Pires said he and other players had spoken to the England man.

"We want to tell him and make him understand that we are behind him whatever happens. We all have difficult times in our careers.

"It is hard for him to face up to the situation, but he is not alone. He knows that and we have told him so this morning."

Another player, Kolo Toure, who is away at the African Cup of Nations, said he had tried and failed to contact Campbell.

"I think Sol Campbell is a good player. We all know what he has done for Arsenal and the England national team as well.

"That kind of thing (the West Ham performance) can happen once in your life. For me he is a good player and he will be back definitely. I have tried to phone him but it was hard to get him," Toure told the BBC.

Reports have suggested Campbell might walk away from football, while it has also been said that Football Association officials tried unsuccessfully to contact him when he was absent from a function with Tony Blair on Thursday.

Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are unavailable on Saturday while Kerrea Gilbert and Lauren are injured so Wenger could have done with Campbell being around.

"There is not a lot of choose from," the Arsenal manager admitted. "I don't know what I'll do about it at the moment, I must think.

"Do I put Gilberto there or keep (Mathieu) Flamini at the back? I don't know."

They wouldn't have a problem with it, but some would use it to their advantage by abusing him on the field.

Yeah but come on, so what if they do, i mean i'm sure he get's taunt's about being Black, i'm sure crouch get stick for being a beanpole and goofy, Steven gerrards head is shaped like an alien, there is always somthing to take the piss out of if you want too. People have to learn to turn the other cheek.

Yeah but come on, so what if they do, i mean i'm sure he get's taunt's about being Black, i'm sure crouch get stick for being a beanpole and goofy, Steven gerrards head is shaped like an alien, there is always somthing to take the piss out of if you want too. People have to learn to turn the other cheek.

ok you short arse, stupid, ugly, ****.

Why should the media make such a big deal out of someone's sexuality?

It's bollocks, if Sol is indeed gay but doesn't want it broadcasting to the nation, that's surely his choice?

I totally agree with you but come on thats not going to happen is it?

If they have the proof they will spill the beans and he will have to accept it.

If it proves to be the case that he is gay! Then the only real story is that he has been concealing it.

If he was openly gay it wouldn't be such a big story, so he only has himself to blame! As I said before what has he to be ashamed of?

As I said before what has he to be ashamed of?

I doubt it's a case of being ashamed. I would say not wanting to be abused by other fans at grounds, in the street, while having a meal etc is more to do with it.

Lets face it footballers who have come out don't exactly grow on trees. Only one has come out, and he ended up topping himself!!!

Archived