Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IDEA OR IKEA

Campbell

I doubt it's a case of being ashamed. I would say not wanting to be abused by other fans at grounds, in the street, while having a meal etc is more to do with it.

Lets face it footballers who have come out don't exactly grow on trees. Only one has come out, and he ended up topping himself!!!

Was that Justin Fashanu?

Yes, although the topping himself had nothing to do with being gay.

Why did he top himself then? sorry i have no idea the only reason i thought it may be him, was that Clough was abusing him terribly at that evening with cloughie at the walkers a few years back.

Why did he top himself then? sorry i have no idea the only reason i thought it may be him, was that Clough was abusing him terribly at that evening with cloughie at the walkers a few years back.

I believe his partner or someone got killed in America. The police wanted to speak to Fashinu but he came back to the uk. He was found hanging in a garage lock up!

I THINK that's what happened, I would have to search the net to be sure.

I believe his partner or someone got killed in America. The police wanted to speak to Fashinu but he came back to the uk. He was found hanging in a garage lock up!

I THINK that's what happened, I would have to search the net to be sure.

Tragic :(

I doubt it's a case of being ashamed. I would say not wanting to be abused by other fans at grounds, in the street, while having a meal etc is more to do with it.

Lets face it footballers who have come out don't exactly grow on trees. Only one has come out, and he ended up topping himself!!!

Well I'm not so sure! I think it's got more to do with his perception of how his peers would behave towards him, remember! He gets abused week in week out, it should be water off a ducks back to him!

But while Wenger did not seem to know where Campbell was, Pires said he and other players had spoken to the England man.

"We want to tell him and make him understand that we are behind him whatever happens. We all have difficult times in our careers.

"It is hard for him to face up to the situation, but he is not alone. He knows that and we have told him so this morning."

Well at least thats a bonus for him lol, :whistle: only kidding!

Poor lad, whatever it is its effecting him badly hence his terrible game in the week. So what if he is gay, why does it have to be broadcast in the gutter press? I think the way hes dealing with it though is a symptom of todays mollycoddled footballer. Some have no experience of life and when something like this happens they have no idea how to handle it. Its quite sad really :(

Archived