Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

The way I see it....

The way I'm seeing the manager situation, is that it all depends on Saturday.

Win and we are 6 points clear having won three games on the trot for the first time since our promotion season about three years ago. The job would be Kellys for the season.

Lose and we are joint on points with Brighton, we'll have lost the initiative and things will be looking iffy. The job will be Newells!!

Just my opinion, what do you think??

PS.... If we draw..... GOD KNOWS!! :unsure:

I'm inclined to agree,but if Kelly does get the nod he will surely need some more staff to help him. Three senior staff have gone so some new ones must be needed.Incidentally,whoever had the foresight to bring Kelly in as Assistant Manager deserves a big pat on the back-He wasn't Leveins own choice was he.

I think the board are pressing on for an appointment, irrespective of how well Kelly is doing. However, with Kelly starting off with those 2 league wins, the pressure isn't on at the moment, so the board can take their time assessing the best candidate(s). If Kelly is still in charge on Saturday, then I agree to an extent that the result will have a bearing on the manager's situation.

I'm not too sure what is best for the club at the minute. Rob Kelly is obviously the un-fancied man but 2 wins in 2 games and the possibility of a 3rd win means it would be very hard and harsh not to give him longer. The gamble there is that he's very inexperienced as a manager and this is a crucial decision the board have to make.

The thing with Newell is, he's one of the best up and coming managers at this level and it appears we have the best chance we'll ever have of getting him. If we let Kelly carry on until the summer, the chance of getting Newell might be gone. a) because he might have moved on elsewhere or b) Kelly might have kept us up and the board would find it hard to then give him the boot.

It's a tricky situation, i'd still be tempted to get Newell in now and try and find a role for Kelly, even if it means booting out a few academy coaches and getting him to re-vamp it for us like we want it to be.

Exactly how I see it. There is a risk that Kelly may not cut it in dealing as a Manager and his role of wins may not be full credit to him but an abberation with the introduction of Fryatt, Wesolowski and Kisnorbo to their rightfull positions. Yet he may now continue with results that may want him to be kept on.

I'm not too sure what is best for the club at the minute. Rob Kelly is obviously the un-fancied man but 2 wins in 2 games and the possibility of a 3rd win means it would be very hard and harsh not to give him longer. The gamble there is that he's very inexperienced as a manager and this is a crucial decision the board have to make.

The thing with Newell is, he's one of the best up and coming managers at this level and it appears we have the best chance we'll ever have of getting him. If we let Kelly carry on until the summer, the chance of getting Newell might be gone. a) because he might have moved on elsewhere or b) Kelly might have kept us up and the board would find it hard to then give him the boot.

It's a tricky situation, i'd still be tempted to get Newell in now and try and find a role for Kelly, even if it means booting out a few academy coaches and getting him to re-vamp it for us like we want it to be.

Much would depend of course on what Newell would want if he were appointed. He might get on well with Kelly but strategically, a manager is stronger with his own team around him.

Much would depend of course on what Newell would want if he were appointed. He might get on well with Kelly but strategically, a manager is stronger with his own team around him.

True, that's why we could get him in charge of the academy, something he likes doing.

I to be honest have had enough of the "whos gonna be the next manager" rollercoaster and hope the board make there mind up before the weekend, I would be sad to see Kelly booted, but if it was the only way to get Newell who was my first choice from the start then so be it ...

I mean we could always replace Tim Davis with Mr Kelly .... :P

Kelly is doing a good job as a coach. While he is picking the team he is currently not having to also worry about things like contracts, transfers etc, and he is also not under any pressure as he is not expected to deliver anything. He is therefore really only doing half the managers job.

Whether he can continue to be a success picking & mtoviating the team when doing the job permanently is difficult to judge, but he certainly could play a part in the future set up.

;):thumbup:

Kelly is doing a good job as a coach. While he is picking the team he is currently not having to also worry about things like contracts, transfers etc, and he is also not under any pressure as he is not expected to deliver anything. He is therefore really only doing half the managers job.

Whether he can continue to be a success picking & mtoviating the team when doing the job permanently is difficult to judge, but he certainly could play a part in the future set up.

:unsure::whistle::thumbup:

If the board do want Newell, they should grab the chance now, there is a chance that other clubs will be interested in him at the end of the season ie wolves!!

I was speaking to a wolves fan the other day and they are desperate to get rid off hoddle, and apparantly he has till the end of the season to get into the play offs or he's off, and Newell is there number one choice!!!

Agree we should definitely get Newell if we can as soon as we can.

If for any reason that goes t!ts up though I'd be happy to see Rob Kelly continue and no matter what I don't want to see him leave the club, he may only be doing 'half the managers job' as stated above but we owe him for the six points he's delivered so far. Assuming we stay up at the end of the season those points will have a big bearing on it - how many of you can see us being more than six points clear on the final day?

Agree we sahould definitely get Newell if we can as soon as we can.

If for any reason that goes t!ts up though I'd be happy to see Rob Kelly continue and no matter what I don't want to see him leave the club, he may only be doing 'half the managers job' as stated above but we owe him for the six points he's delivered so far. Assuming we stay up at the end of the season those points will have a big bearing on it - how many of you can see us being more than six points clear on the final day?

Six points clear could be top half the way the table is so far! I think Kelly is doing a great job, and would like to see him stay at the club. I't just saying that we shouldn't only judge him on what he's done over the past two or three weeks. The board would also need to ask him what his plans would be and support him with a good team.

Whatever choice the board makes it is a massive gamble (keep Kelly and go down? Get Newell in and go down and have everyone wonder why Kelly wasn't kept?), what is important is that they make a proper decision. I'm undecided on the situation myself but as I'm not choosing that's ok, if the board continue as they are - seemingly waiting for Kelly to lose before making a decision - then Newell is likely to become uninterested and when we really want him he'll say 'no thanks'. The club need to say 'we're keeping Kelly until the end of the season' or appoint Newell - preferably this week.

Whatever choice the board makes it is a massive gamble (keep Kelly and go down? Get Newell in and go down and have everyone wonder why Kelly wasn't kept?), what is important is that they make a proper decision. I'm undecided on the situation myself but as I'm not choosing that's ok, if the board continue as they are - seemingly waiting for Kelly to lose before making a decision - then Newell is likely to become uninterested and when we really want him he'll say 'no thanks'. The club need to say 'we're keeping Kelly until the end of the season' or appoint Newell - preferably this week.

If the reports are correct, Newell is meeting with Davies and co today for further talks and i'd imagine if he wants the job and we can agree terms he'll be appointed within the next few days.

I would certainly like to see Newell in place sooner rather than later. Rob Kelly has performed marvellously over the past couple of weeks but a couple of things need to be considered. Firstly, the players that have won the last two games were bought, for the most part, by Levein. Secondly, teams often have a brief surge in form after the sacking of managers.

However, I don't want to take away from what Kelly has achieved in this short period but as was mentioned before, there is nothing to prove whether or not he would be good in the transfer market or the other aspects of management aside from coaching and picking the team.

Newell, on the other hand, is proven in this area and ideally I would like to see him along with Kelly in some role similar to his under Levein.

Archived