Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanfox12

TIGERS FANS

I'm i the only one but are other City fans fed up with Tigers fans moaning about our club especially when it comes to moving games to a Friday night. They call our fans louts and never seem to have a good word for us. They turn their nose up our stadium and won't even entertain the idea of playing the odd big game at the Walkers. I like all our sporting teams to do well in the City and are proud that Tigers have won the European Cup Twice (Same number as F****T) but i think some of there fans are insufferable snobs and need to get a life. What does everyone else think.

yeah there is an article in tonights leicester mercury and they are all moaning about how their games are always being moved becuase of the football and its about time that the rugby became a priority!What a joke.

I actually think it is unfair on the Tigers. They have had more games on Friday nights and Sunday's than they do on Saturday night.

If the City match needs more police, then it is Leicester City's problem, so Leicester City should change the day. People who don't live near Leicester won't be able to go to the Tigers games if they are on Friday night because they will be tied up with work etc.

I actually think it is unfair on the Tigers. They have had more games on Friday nights and Sunday's than they do on Saturday night.

If the City match needs more police, then it is Leicester City's problem, so Leicester City should change the day. People who don't live near Leicester won't be able to go to the Tigers games if they are on Friday night because they will be tied up with work etc.

Most of the Tigers games don't get moved because of safety it's because of SKY!

Yes your right but City fans would be just as fed up if we had our games moved from a Saturday. The trouble is that it is the loutish minority who let all good city fans down. One of the reasons for the proposed groundshare was to reduce the number of games moved to a Friday or Saturday.

A few things to take into account, when we last clashed with the Tigers and the police deemed it necessary to change we moved, so that makes it their turn.

Unfortunately the police, in their wisdom have declared that the reason thistime is because they expect trouble. In truth what they really mean is they expect more away fans.

LCFC have no control over how the police view their games, the bottom line is the more police they feel they need the more they can charge LCFC, certainly for police inside the ground.

I can sympathise with the Tigers supporters especially based on the reasons given by the police but again the simple fact is that yes they have played lots of games on Friday and Sunday but that is because Rugby like football have sold their souls to Murdoch and this is the price they have to pay. Just like we would if we were in the Premier and televised more often. Why don't they moan about that instead of a one off incident because the fixtures clash.

As for the letters in the Merc, one guy had the cheek to suggest that they get no assistance from the police. Well I suggest he looks at the difference in the way traffic is controlled for the Rugby and Football. Has he not noticed that the police virtually bring all traffic to a stand still to allow the Rugby fans to get away from their ground as quick as possible, I don't see them doing that for the Football supporters.

A few things to take into account, when we last clashed with the Tigers and the police deemed it necessary to change we moved, so that makes it their turn.

Unfortunately the police, in their wisdom have declared that the reason thistime is because they expect trouble. In truth what they really mean is they expect more away fans.

LCFC have no control over how the police view their games, the bottom line is the more police they feel they need the more they can charge LCFC, certainly for police inside the ground.

I can sympathise with the Tigers supporters especially based on the reasons given by the police but again the simple fact is that yes they have played lots of games on Friday and Sunday but that is because Rugby like football have sold their souls to Murdoch and this is the price they have to pay. Just like we would if we were in the Premier and televised more often. Why don't they moan about that instead of a one off incident because the fixtures clash.

As for the letters in the Merc, one guy had the cheek to suggest that they get no assistance from the police. Well I suggest he looks at the difference in the way traffic is controlled for the Rugby and Football. Has he not noticed that the police virtually bring all traffic to a stand still to allow the Rugby fans to get away from their ground as quick as possible, I don't see them doing that for the Football supporters.

True thats the price you pay for success and i would be more than happy to put up with the hassle of moving games if we were back in the Premeirship like in the days under O'Neill.The number of times your team appears on telly is a good sign you are successful and people want to watch you. The last couple of years have been crap and we haven't really deserved to be featured on telly.

Most of the Tigers games don't get moved because of safety it's because of SKY!

True enough. A reason I have come to like Sky because those that don't get shifted make it a nightmare getting out of Freemens Common.

I can remember when both teams played on the same day, and this was during and just after football's so called 'dark days'. So to use the potential of trouble as an excuse in this day and age doesn't really wash with me.

The Tiggers get a lot of things going their way. Davieg pointed out that the last clash, we had to move. I think it has been the last three or four clashes, actually!

The comments about traffic control being used more for the Tiggers is also true.

And the fact is, and has already been pointed out, a lot of their games are not moved by the police, or because of clashes with our games, but because SKY wants to televise them. This is the unfortunate consequence of being one of the best teams in your game.

The Tiggers are the Manure of rugby. A number of their fans have the same arrogance, which is a shame as I know a few fans who are down to earth and actually think the same as I do on the subject. And talking of Manure, how often do they get a Saturday 3pm kick off? If you want the success, you'll have to get used to the fact the TV companies will prefer to show your games.

They don't realise just how easy they get things.

As for the argument rugby is more important than football.... More people watch football than rugby. And isn't rugby league more popular than union anyway?

If you're a huge Tiggers fan, then yes rugby is more important, but we just happen to think the same thing about City and football. There's more of us though.

I haven't read the Mockery, but can imagine what has been printed. This won't help reconcile the two sets of supporters. It's just the Mockery trying to stir things up again.

Not only are they snobbish, but quite possibly the worst drivers. Last saturday one of them was reversing down Welford road passed Sandicliffe!! :eek:

And one more thing they seem to think they own Grandby Halls NCP car park so when we play together (ooh err) their thuggish stewards don't let Leicester City fans (especially me) park there!!!

Phew rant over... :whistle:

What those who are complaining fail to understand is that the Football League will not compromise re: moving a fixtures date unless it is for TV money. That is why the Tigers never moved to The Walkers. The Tigers would have had to have changed all the fixtures that clashed. Something about the policies in place re: fixtures at the FA.

Maybe, those Tigers fans who do complain should stop asking why and find out for themselves and write and complain to the FA as to just looking ignorant in the Leicester Mercury.

Also, questioning the moral fabric of Football fans is really the last resort of the ignorant. A few letters I saw claimed there is trouble every time City play at Home.

I'd like to hear there examples.

It's hardly 1973 hooliganism is it?

Everyone has a right to complain, even the Tigers, but this is not justified. Football is one of the most passionate sports in the world, and it's rivalry enhances the sports entertainment and that's why it is so popular. Tiger's may have had the success of late and are one of the biggest clubs but they still live in the shadows of the footy stadium and it's fans. I'm not calling Tiger's fan jealous but sometimes I believe they have this hatred for footballs success!!!

yeah there is an article in tonights leicester mercury and they are all moaning about how their games are always being moved becuase of the football and its about time that the rugby became a priority!What a joke.

well should't football get priority overe rugby as its the national sport :thumbup:

I hate rugby, I hate their snobby fans and the world of rugby is a false one with not much passion and men running into each other.

CITY/FOOTBALL TILL I DIE.

Are you dense? Fair enough you dont have to like rugby but to say it is passionless is a joke. More passion goes into every tackle, ruck, and maul in rugby than is shown in Football. When Arjen Robben fell over the other day, and when Rivaldo lay crumpled in a heap feigning being hit in the face against Turkey in 2002 made me ashamed of being a football fan.

As for fans being snobby, they have the right to express their disgust at their kick off time being changed and i for one can sympathise with them. Why should they move because of us? They shouldn't, just as City Fan said. Just because rugby fans are well behaved at games does not mean they dont enjoy the game. Hence why they are still allowed to stand at rugby games.

I love Football and Rugby, and i would hazard a guess you dont like rugby because you dont understand the rules or you're just a puff :whistle:

well should't football get priority overe rugby as its the national sport :thumbup:

When was the last time we had a national team to be proud of though? 1966 i think. Since then its been full of crap, hooliganism, scandals and the occasional semi-final. :yawn:

Archived