Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Levein

Has anybody noticed a pattern at all? Is it a coincidence that Levein has been sacked and we win the next three league games? I dont think it is. If you look back, the same happened at Hearts. He leaves and after about half of the season later, they are top of the league.

That Hearts team was clearly built by Levein. He has done the same here, which is built a decent squad. So is this a reflection of Leveins motivational skills? He obviously has the ability to build a good team, but not to get them motivated.

Perhaps we should have moved him 'upstairs' to director of football or something. He clearly has an eye for a player, but not the managerial skills needed to win or do well. Just a thought.

Has anybody noticed a pattern at all? Is it a coincidence that Levein has been sacked and we win the next three league games? I dont think it is. If you look back, the same happened at Hearts. He leaves and after about half of the season later, they are top of the league.

That Hearts team was clearly built by Levein. He has done the same here, which is built a decent squad. So is this a reflection of Leveins motivational skills? He obviously has the ability to build a good team, but not to get them motivated.

Perhaps we should have moved him 'upstairs' to director of football or something. He clearly has an eye for a player, but not the managerial skills needed to win or do well. Just a thought.

Just shows how awful a manager he was..

How we always had the team, but his novice decision making made us look a bad team..

I was thinking the same thing. As a manager he is shit, has no tactical awarness or motivational skills, but you have to give him credit for bringing in some decent young players who will be good for the future

I was thinking the same thing. As a manager he is shit, has no tactical awarness or motivational skills, but you have to give him credit for bringing in some decent young players who will be good for the future

...and that could be the key to us being in fairly good shape no matter if we stay or drop. If we stay in this league, the experience the lads have had playing as a unit will only lead to more cohesion and support. If we drop, they get another full season together, we get a chance to regroup and get some of the younger kids a bit of a run out, and come back a stronger side...of course I don't want relegation. I am only being a doomsdayer while still looking at the bright side.

Still, we need to get cover for Gudjohnssen in the close season.

...and that could be the key to us being in fairly good shape no matter if we stay or drop. If we stay in this league, the experience the lads have had playing as a unit will only lead to more cohesion and support. If we drop, they get another full season together, we get a chance to regroup and get some of the younger kids a bit of a run out, and come back a stronger side...of course I don't want relegation. I am only being a doomsdayer while still looking at the bright side.

Still, we need to get cover for Gudjohnssen in the close season.

Why? Weso is a ready made replacement. Williams will go into the middle with Weso. I still feel that Hughes is wasted on the left though.

Why? Weso is a ready made replacement. Williams will go into the middle with Weso. I still feel that Hughes is wasted on the left though.

Yeah, I know that, but until Weso is fit for a longer spell I am suspicious. I think midfield could become a strength for us when all are healthy.

As to GK, how about Russell Hoult??? Paul Gerrard could be available from Forest as well in close season. Any other ideas?

correct me if i'm wrong but didnt hearts success come when the new owners took over and george burley bought in a lot of new signings,

Yes, indeed. Which was then quickly refuted by chairman meddling!!! It is a bit puzzling and interesting to be honest, and the fact that Rix is also doing a job with the talent Levein acquired may speak to the man being a fantastic evaluator of talent BEFORE an efficient utiliser of it.

Yes, pretty much my view. And, I guess, the board's, given their warm words on his sacking... He always seemed to be the quiet scholarly type, rather than an inspirational leader. And he was, I think, genuinely baffled that, having brought together a squad that could win matches and win them well, that they just couldn't do the business on the pitch.

Let us not get too carried away. Kelly has done a wonderful job and the club will probably long be in his debt. But remember he has had to dig the team out of hole it should never have been in. What will interest me in future is whether he can move from inspiring a team to play with belief and concentration to inspiring a team to play some proper football.

Let us not get too carried away. Kelly has done a wonderful job and the club will probably long be in his debt. But remember he has had to dig the team out of hole it should never have been in. What will interest me in future is whether he can move from inspiring a team to play with belief and concentration to inspiring a team to play some proper football.

We had nice football under levein and look where that got us.

I would love to see great football and great results.

But if we could stay up this season and go up next season playing "ugly football" i don't think i would be too upset.

Chelsea dont play 'proper football' and they're doing okay arent they?! What would you prefer, scrappy wins or playing some good stuff (like before) and losing by the odd goal?

Chelsea dont play 'proper football' and they're doing okay arent they?! What would you prefer, scrappy wins or playing some good stuff (like before) and losing by the odd goal?

it's all about results, all about results.

the results are what bring me the pleasure and the pain and looking at the table, not the performance.

I believe there is a role that's made for him! I think (and I may be wrong) that they are known as "scouts"..... :P

Oh ffs.

You and BartonFox were Kelly's biggest critics after the Southampton game and you're still looking to undermine Kelly just to save face. Give him some credit - 3 wins out of 3 league games for God's sake.

You're in fantasy land if you expect us to beat teams every week winning with style and panache. We ain't Brazil you know.

Oh ffs.

You and BartonFox were Kelly's biggest critics after the Southampton game and you're still looking to undermine Kelly just to save face. Give him some credit - 3 wins out of 3 league games for God's sake.

You're in fantasy land if you expect us to beat teams every week winning with style and panache. We ain't Brazil you know.

well said that man :thumbup:

Oh ffs.

You do have to give mr Kelly credit, 3 wins on the bounce, he has managed to achieve that after 4 games in charge, somthing Levein didn't manage in 18 months, and alot of us stuck by him for at least 12 of those months.

Kelly gets a reasult on Tuesday he has pretty much saved us. Beating our local rivals and taking care of our championship status for next season will be enough to get him in till the end of the season in the boards eyes.

Archived