Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

Winter Olympics - Torino 2006

Switzerland are heading towards another major major shock leading Canada 2-0 in the third period. Aebischer* made a wonder save in the second period, with a shot the Canadians thought had crossed the line, but after 10 minutes of video reviewing the referee didn't give the goal :)

*Apparently it wasn't Aebischer in goal but their other goaltender

Switzerland are heading towards another major major shock leading Canada 2-0 in the third period. Aebischer made a wonder save in the second period, with a shot the Canadians thought had crossed the line, but after 10 minutes of video reviewing the referee didn't give the goal :)

Hehehehe... :mrgreen:

Currently talking about Ski Jumping, but just had freestyle Skiing on, Don't think i could do it :nono:

Can't see myself wanting to race down a slope to jump up to 50 feet in the air pereforming Twists.

How about that for a question which of the Olympic events would you like to do?

My answer would have to be the Bobsled. 80-90 kph down an Ice Track what an adrenaline rush. :yesyes::yahoo:

Curling is the new hot sport in the U.S. By the end of the Olympics bonspiel (yep, "bonspiel!"), I was hooked, was really rooting for the USA and was genuinely happy that they won a medal.

I thought today's gold medal hockey game was gonna be televised later over here... but no, it was on at 8 a.m., and there was no way in hell I could have woken up to watch it. A damn shame, too, because I was looking forward to it, and apparanty, it was a thriller-- Sweden 3:2 Finland. The Legend of Henrik Lundqvist is only getting bigger with each passing day.

But I'm such a nerd--I'm sad that the Olympics are over today :( The Olympic Games, particularly the Winter Games, have lost some pf their charm, but I love 'em.

Curling is the new hot sport in the U.S. By the end of the Olympics bonspiel (yep, "bonspiel!"), I was hooked, was really rooting for the USA and was genuinely happy that they won a medal.

I thought today's gold medal hockey game was gonna be televised later over here... but no, it was on at 8 a.m., and there was no way in hell I could have woken up to watch it. A damn shame, too, because I was looking forward to it, and apparanty, it was a thriller-- Sweden 3:2 Finland. The Legend of Henrik Lundqvist is only getting bigger with each passing day.

But I'm such a nerd--I'm sad that the Olympics are over today :( The Olympic Games, particularly the Winter Games, have lost some pf their charm, but I love 'em.

I saw the final, it was indeed a game worthy of a final! I was absolutely stunned when I saw Sweden thrash the Czechs and Finland easily disposing of the mighty Russians. It's a shame there had to be a loser, but if I had to pick the better team on the day, Sweden just edged it. Lidström had a great game and capped it off with a beauty of a slap shot, always loved that guy :thumbup:

Archived