Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

we've got keown

how many bloody centre halves do we want?

we need a defensive midfielder, not a centre half!

although I'm sure the sexy old man will do a good job... :blink:

We DID need a centre half!! Elliot is out injured for a while leaving only stearman as back up.... you cant go into the season with one back up centre half that would be crazy!!!!

Personally i think this is a brilliant signing.... ok it's for one season and the guy may not play every game!!! BUT the big thing for me is that he has played in the most organised defense in the country for the last 10 years.

Last season we had the players but not the organisation at the back Keown WILL bring this, and without a doubt will help develope Heath and Stearman who in 2 years time will be an amzing central defense partnership for LCFC!!

I'm over the moon about this I really am! :D

Ok he may not have many years left in him (only 1 probs) but he will be great for us next season I'm certain. He'll is a leader and you can't have too many of those in your squad, he do wonders in the dressing room and for me is a better captain than Elliott. He will teach the young lads a awful lot.

As a player he won't of lost that ability that made him one of the best defenders in the country, ok his speed at fitness will be worse but you can get away with that at this level. He will be a rock at the back.

No one can argue he is better than Elliott, Heath, Dabizas and Stearman.

I'm not sure what to make of the signing - Again, it's another player over 30, who ironically is nearer to 40. He probably will do an excellent job for us if he stays fit - But again, we're looking for a short fix, aren't we? in 12 months time, regardless of where we end up, these players will have to be released - We will have no continuity, and the club will never progress if we keep adopting this strategy.

I wonder what Petrescu thinks. :ph34r:

I'm not sure what to make of the signing - Again, it's another player over 30, who ironically is nearer to 40. He probably will do an excellent job for us if he stays fit - But again, we're looking for a short fix, aren't we? in 12 months time, regardless of where we end up, these players will have to be released - We will have no continuity, and the club will never progress if we keep adopting this strategy.

I wonder what Petrescu thinks.  :ph34r:

well good signing i think, sky sports asked me my view about the signing at the ground, so i might be on sky!

dabizaz and keown at the back, and connoly and bublin up front would be a sick double partnership!

Yeah maybe we should of got Mawene so he could be shit for three seasons instead of keown being quality for one, and helping the kids with his knowledge of being in the best back four in the uk for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

With his help heath and stearman will learn more than you could imagine.... those two will be the future of Leicester of that there is no doubt.

Yeah maybe we should of got Mawene so he could be shit for three seasons instead of keown being quality for one, and helping the kids with his knowledge of being in the best back four in the uk for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

With his help heath and stearman will learn more than you could imagine.... those two will be the future of Leicester of that there is no doubt.

I didn't say he wouldn't do an excellent job - What I am saying is that we're supposed to be looking forward.

So far, 4 out of 5 signings have been 30 plus - It could have been 6 out of 7 if we had signed up McAteer, and took Makin on a permanent contract (Which will probably happen).

You're telling me this is the way to build a future for this club? Continously having a turnover of players every season?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's extremely useful to have experience in the side, But I think Micky is taking this too far.....

Guest Guest

What a sad and blinkered view some people have.

We want to move forward long term so we must sign/play young players regardless of how good they are.

that's just shite

Have you ever stopped to think that one of our huge problems last year (and for a few years now) was that we have no organisation whatsoever in our defence. Why do we concede pathetic goals in the last minute ? Why does it look like some of our defenders run around like headless chickens ? Why do we lose possession time and time again ? Why do we resort to long ball hoof again and again ?

A way forward for this club is to get soem organisation and structure to the way we play, and that comes from the back. The signing of Keown, with his experience of the Arsenal way is exactly what is needed to take control of our defenders and get them back on track. He will be playing in a back four that will, at various times, contain Heath, Stewart, Canero and maybe even Stearman.

Do you not think they might learn a whole way of playing, a whole way of defending, that could stand this club in good stead for many years to come ?

Stop thinking along straight lines, and start thinking with a bit of imagination

What a sad and blinkered view some people have.

We want to move forward long term so we must sign/play young players regardless of how good they are.

that's just shite

Have you ever stopped to think that one of our huge problems last year (and for a few years now) was that we have no organisation whatsoever in our defence. Why do we concede pathetic goals in the last minute ? Why does it look like some of our defenders run around like headless chickens ? Why do we lose possession time and time again ? Why do we resort to long ball hoof again and again ?

A way forward for this club is to get soem organisation and structure to the way we play, and that comes from the back. The signing of Keown, with his experience of the Arsenal way is exactly what is needed to take control of our defenders and get them back on track. He will be playing in a back four that will, at various times, contain Heath, Stewart, Canero and maybe even Stearman.

Do you not think they might learn a whole way of playing, a whole way of defending, that could stand this club in good stead for many years to come ?

Stop thinking along straight lines, and start thinking with a bit of imagination

I've said Keown will do an excellent job. Where have I not said that? I was a bit unsure at first, but I think he will be a benefit to this club.

My conern is more at Micky in general. He stated in the summer that he wanted to rebuild the squad in to a younger mould. Have we seen evidence of that so far? Quite simply no. We've purchased one player under the age of 30, with the rest being over 30. I have nothing against experience, every side needs that, but you can certainly have too much of one thing.

Where are we going to be in 12 months time? Regardless of what division we will be in, we will have to rebuild a squad again - Surely, that's not the right way of progressing?

Guest Guest

What complete and utter twaddle.

Our likely team (inc subs) for the first game of the season will include:

Stewart 22

Williams 23

Canero 23

Heath 23

Morris 24

Connolly 27 (when he signs)

Wright et. al will also be brought through slowly this year and integrated into the squad via league cup games and appearances as sub.

How young do you want our squad to be ?

Stewart  22

Williams  23

Canero  23

Heath    23

Morris    24

Wright et. al will also be brought through slowly this year and integrated into the squad via league cup games and appearances as sub.

Morris? If he's ever fit.

Heath - Crap.

Connolly - If he signs - Not taking anything for granted......

Stewart 22

Williams  23

Canero 23

Heath  23

Morris  24

Heath - Crap.

heath aint crap, morris will be fit, and connoly will sign!

Stewart   22

Williams  23

Canero   23

Heath     23

Morris     24

Heath - Crap.

I agree with Heath ain't crap, but, I hope Morris will be fit, and I hope Connolly will sign for us... :(

Stewart   22

Williams  23

Canero   23

Heath     23

Morris     24

Heath - Crap.

I agree with Heath ain't crap, but, I hope Morris will be fit, and I hope Connolly will sign for us... :(

Heath is crap - Technically he is very poor, can't pass a ball, and lacks any dominance - He will be Ok for the Championship, but if we go up and we do play him reguarly, then I don't think he's up to it.

Archived