Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ipswich Pre-Match Chit-Chat

Link

Ricardo Fuller has been granted a work permit to play for the Blues and is set to make his debut against Leicester City at Portman Road on Saturday. The Jamaican joins on a one-month loan with boss Joe Royle challenging the 26-year-old to win a permanent deal.

Link

Ricardo Fuller has been granted a work permit to play for the Blues and is set to make his debut against Leicester City at Portman Road on Saturday. The Jamaican joins on a one-month loan with boss Joe Royle challenging the 26-year-old to win a permanent deal.

Kisnorbo will butcher him within the first 5 mins. No problem.

Not all of them, that would just be silly. We'd lose like 8-0 every opening game of the season if that happened.

ok not always, but in my memory it just seems to happen quite often. its like anything else, for example if a team had not scored in 6 matches + their next game was against us, they would score. or if a team was looking for its 1st home win of the season, it would be against us. bit off the topic i know :D

ok not always, but in my memory it just seems to happen quite often. its like anything else, for example if a team had not scored in 6 matches + their next game was against us, they would score. or if a team was looking for its 1st home win of the season, it would be against us. bit off the topic i know :D

I know what your saying, but I believe most fans from most clubs think that about their clubs aswell. Fuller ripped us apart a few seasons ago at Deepdale and I honestly thought he'd go on to be on of the best players in the country but his career has nose-dived ever since. He's extremely talented when he can be bothered and he was crap against us earlier in the season when we played Southampton.

I would much rather play against Fuller at the minute if I was a defender than Fryatt or Hume. No doubt Fuller will bag a hat-trick on saturday though :D

OS

Duo Fit For Ipswich Trip

0,,10274%7E2766492,00.jpg

Richard Stearman and Ryan Smith were back on the training pitches today ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

The duo had been forced to miss Tuesday night's Football League under 21 clash against their Italian counterparts through injury.

But manager Rob Kelly confirmed at his pre-match press briefing that both players were fit and available for the game at the weekend.

He said: "The fact that Richard and Ryan have both trained for us today is good news. Richard has had a bit of an ankle problem, while Ryan was struggling at the start of the week with a thigh strain."

But one definite absentee from the game will be Paddy McCarthy who is currently serving a two-match ban after being sent off in the 1-1 draw with Derby last weekend.

Kelly added: "Paddy is obviously suspended, and that's a blow to us. But the rest of the squad are relatively healthy. We have got some versatile players so we have got options. We'll be okay."

The Leicester boss also revealed that he may be tempted to bring a fresh face on loan somewhere down the line - although it would have to be the right player.

He said: "We have spoken about bringing someone in, but I have got confidence in the players we have got here. If Patrik Gerrbrand comes in then that is not a worry for us because he is a good player. It would be a good opportunity for him.

"We looked at one or two options, but we are relatively settled and I am conscious that whoever we bring in, and I don't just mean on the football front, has got to buy into the ethic and what we are about. If we do bring someone in then that will be one of the criteria that they have to adhere to."

Fuller ripped us apart a few seasons ago at Deepdale and I honestly thought he'd go on to be on of the best players in the country but his career has nose-dived ever since. He's extremely talented when he can be bothered and he was crap against us earlier in the season when we played Southampton.

Probably something to do with the broken leg / bad leg injury he got literally the next game after he whooped our collective bottoms!! Never the same since...

OS

Duo Fit For Ipswich Trip

0,,10274%7E2766492,00.jpg

Richard Stearman and Ryan Smith were back on the training pitches today ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

The duo had been forced to miss Tuesday night's Football League under 21 clash against their Italian counterparts through injury.

But manager Rob Kelly confirmed at his pre-match press briefing that both players were fit and available for the game at the weekend.

He said: "The fact that Richard and Ryan have both trained for us today is good news. Richard has had a bit of an ankle problem, while Ryan was struggling at the start of the week with a thigh strain."

But one definite absentee from the game will be Paddy McCarthy who is currently serving a two-match ban after being sent off in the 1-1 draw with Derby last weekend.

Kelly added: "Paddy is obviously suspended, and that's a blow to us. But the rest of the squad are relatively healthy. We have got some versatile players so we have got options. We'll be okay."

The Leicester boss also revealed that he may be tempted to bring a fresh face on loan somewhere down the line - although it would have to be the right player.

He said: "We have spoken about bringing someone in, but I have got confidence in the players we have got here. If Patrik Gerrbrand comes in then that is not a worry for us because he is a good player. It would be a good opportunity for him.

"We looked at one or two options, but we are relatively settled and I am conscious that whoever we bring in, and I don't just mean on the football front, has got to buy into the ethic and what we are about. If we do bring someone in then that will be one of the criteria that they have to adhere to."

It's about time Kelly unleashed Smudger, he's ready for it.

Do think they were really injured?? or just faking it to pull out of this pointless exercise :smile:

It seems like that, there with the League team and both pull out and now are ready and fit for the Ipswich game. Maybe its the spirit at the club Kelly has installed that made them pull out :ermm:

I think they probably did have injuries - but they were just light injuries which wouldn't stop them playing in any case, but it's still a good excuse to use to pull them out of a needless trip, especially when our squad is getting a little thin on the ground - and we'd miss a player like Stearman.

RK looks like he is going to get a group of around 14/15 players who he sees as his first team squad and injuries permitting will probably stick with them. If he brought in short term loan players like Brevitt it would send the wrong message to the likes of Gerrbrand that they are not in the running. CL was too ready to chop and change things it didn't work

RK looks like he is going to get a group of around 14/15 players who he sees as his first team squad and injuries permitting will probably stick with them. If he brought in short term loan players like Brevitt it would send the wrong message to the likes of Gerrbrand that they are not in the running. CL was too ready to chop and change things it didn't work

But he was prepared to bring Brevitt in on a months loan, Kelly's doing a damn good job but lets not make out that he's some sort of god.

OS

Nice attitude- reminds me of MONs approach to bringing players in rather than the sign anyone and hope for the best approach we've had at this club for too long

Nice attitude- reminds me of MONs approach to bringing players in rather than the sign anyone and hope for the best approach we've had at this club for too long

Levein's approach was the same. Levein has left behind a team with great potential, one with the most potential left by any manager since MON.

Archived