Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
westmidsfox

Williams

Let me start by saying that I really am not a fan of young Gareth so you are quite entitled to say that my view of his performance yesterday is jaundiced.

The match was on the whole poor, so I decided to pay a great deal of attention to Hoddle's, sorry I mean Gareth's valued input into the match. By this I mean I paid attention to his workrate, passing, tackling and use of space ie. a number of occasions where he COULD have moved into space in attacking and defensive roles. My opinion.....

Once again he did feck all and showed no desire or interest. The guy must be so far up his own rear end that he can no longer see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Am I being unfair ?

Let me start by saying that I really am not a fan of young Gareth so you are quite entitled to say that my view of his performance yesterday is jaundiced.

The match was on the whole poor, so I decided to pay a great deal of attention to Hoddle's, sorry I mean Gareth's valued input into the match. By this I mean I paid attention to his workrate, passing, tackling and use of space ie. a number of occasions where he COULD have moved into space in attacking and defensive roles. My opinion.....

Once again he did feck all and showed no desire or interest. The guy must be so far up his own rear end that he can no longer see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Am I being unfair ?

I think not ...at some stage all the ''potential'' has to be translated into reality. Looking the part is not enough.

Am I being unfair ?

It sounds like you think the same things as me and many others. It's alright for him to try his fancy flicks if he could do the simple things right but he doesn't. He tries to over complicate things which doesn't help the team. He doesn't strike me as a team player in any way. Not really the kind of player we need at this moment in time but with no Wesolowski, Kisnorbo showing us that he certainly isn't a central midfielder and a lack of consistently quality wingers Wiliams might have to play his part, however poorly he plays it.

i had alot of time for gareth at the start of his leicester career, because at the time althoough i was left frustrated on many occasions, i thought i saw some potential from him and told myself to wait and be patient as he could become a real flair player for us. 18 months on and i'm still waiting, i cannot wait forever, i need gareth to show me something to hang on to, he's pushing my frustrations to the limit now.

I was a bit surprised yesterday to see Hughes taken off instead of Williams,perhaps we are all missing something.It will be interesting to see if Williams keeps his place next week at Luton,I doubt it.

I was a bit surprised yesterday to see Hughes taken off instead of Williams,perhaps we are all missing something.It will be interesting to see if Williams keeps his place next week at Luton,I doubt it.

Same here. I was expecting Williams to go off, Hughes go into the centre and Welsh on the left. Maybe Hughes was a bit knackered. <_<

Hughes jarred his ankle and Kelly was worried that his old problems might flare up again apparently.

I don't particularly want to make a case for Williams but it may be worth wondering why so few creative players have found it hard to thrive at Leicester City this season (Williams, Smith, Hammond, Sylla, Fryatt's goals have dried up, Hamill).

Some of the above are not up to it anyway but put simply, there is never enough creative ability in the side to compliment them. An indication came when Welsh came on yesterday.

We'd been decidedly patchy up until then but suddenly we started playing some decent football. It is an LP with me but the sooner we fill the team with players who can attack the better. That doesn't mean filling it with people who cannot defend as well.

While people moan at Williams it might be worth remembering that City won yesterday and scored three goals...a big difference from the sorry performance at Ipswich.

We have not won one League game this season that Tiatto started. And of the nine games he's started we scored only five goals.

I've no interest in calling Danny, he's a decent player in some ways (and we drew six of the nine games) but such players stiffle the flow of the team if there are too many of them, which has often been the case and cost Levein his job.

Their presence means we just aren't likely to score enough goals when our defensive record proves we need two mimimum but often three goals to win.

I don't particularly want to make a case for Williams but it may be worth wondering why so few creative players have found it hard to thrive at Leicester City this season (Williams, Smith, Hammond, Sylla, Fryatt's goals have dried up, Hamill).

Some of the above are not up to it anyway but put simply, there is never enough creative ability in the side to compliment them. An indication came when Welsh came on yesterday.

We'd been decidedly patchy up until then but suddenly we started playing some decent football. It is an LP with me but the sooner we fill the team with players who can attack the better. That doesn't mean filling it with people who cannot defend as well.

While people moan at Williams it might be worth remembering that City won yesterday and scored three goals...a big difference from the sorry performance at Ipswich.

We have not won one League game this season that Tiatto started. And of the nine games he's started we scored only five goals.

I've no interest in calling Danny, he's a decent player in some ways (and we drew six of the nine games) but such players stiffle the flow of the team if there are too many of them, which has often been the case and cost Levein his job.

Their presence means we just aren't likely to score enough goals when our defensive record proves we need two mimimum but often three goals to win.

He brought nothing to the game at Ipswich when he did come on though. The only thing I remember him doing was nodding the ball out for a corner when there was no pressure on him at all.

Yesterday, Stearman wide open on the right, Williams decides to cut inside into a congested area of the pitch and holds on to the ball too long. Possession lost, attack over. All it needed was a quick pass out wide. Williams just seems to want to make life difficult for himself by trying to make everything he does spectacular and worst of all, he puts very little effort into rectifying any mistakes he makes with his passing.

Did he play yesterday because i didn't see him?! Seriously though, he could be brilliant which i think most of us think but he just doesn't put the effort in, i don't know if that's because he's lazy or just the way he plays, either way, it's not good enough. We need to put Hughes in the middle (he not good enough on left, dont know why he's there) and then put Welsh on left, who i thought did pretty well when he came on.

the annoying thing is we all no he can play well and produce the goods!! but yesterday wasnt good, trouble with gareth is he needs time on the ball and in the championship you just dont get it, as soon as u have the ball your shut down and he doesnt like it! and another thing he doesnt like to tackle does he? dunno why but he never seems to wanna get stuck into tackles!! shame really!!

I have always been a fan of Gareth's, and I think he is a class player.

I think the crowd should start getting off his back and let the boy play, it must be so hard when if you do something slightly wrong and whole stadium collectively has a go at you, so I think its confidence above anything.

He'd be a good player for us , If we were top of the league.

Technically he's one of the best players not only in our team but in the league , he has great ability. When he first came I was really excited bout it , I'd heard alot about him at Forest. And towards the end of the 03-04 season he was on fire for them , captaining the side and scoring 2 at West Brom ( I think ).

But , He just does'nt show his ability , he lacks fight and determanation , and he's no good for the club.

I would'nt be sad to see him leave in the summer. Such a waste of talent though :(

I think the crowd should start getting off his back and let the boy play, it must be so hard when if you do something slightly wrong and whole stadium collectively has a go at you, so I think its confidence above anything.

The crowd didn't get on his back too much yesterday - certainly not in the first half. The thing is, if a player is playing poorly AND doesn't appear to be trying (as is clearly the case with Williams), then he's leaving himself open to the barracking of supporters. His workrate and effort just isn't up to standard.

Besides, the fans are hardly preventing 'the boy from playing' - he's on the pitch and he should be proving his ability irrespective of what the fans say.

The crowd didn't get on his back too much yesterday - certainly not in the first half. The thing is, if a player is playing poorly AND doesn't appear to be trying (as is clearly the case with Williams), then he's leaving himself open to the barracking of supporters. His workrate and effort just isn't up to standard.

Besides, the fans are hardly preventing 'the boy from playing' - he's on the pitch and he should be proving his ability irrespective of what the fans say.

I see your point there Anish, but he just never seems to look like he has confidence, like he has a fear of doing something wrong, and a player without confidence is never going to do any good..

Am I being unfair ?

Totally agree with the points I've put in bold, GW just doesn't do the things that a naturally gifted midfielder (as some claim him to be) would do. Thing is, I don't think is down to laziness. My belief is that he just isn't a good footballer. Fair enough, he can kick a ball with a degree of accuracy but the rest of his game is sadly lacking. I don't believe this is down to a lack of confidence either, IMO it's more to do with a lack of natural ability.

I'm beginning to see why managers might find it hard to develop an all out attacking side at Leicester. :(

Apart from Hume and the departing Joey is there one attack-minded player who has thrived at Leicester in recent times?.

Some of the boneheads on here couldn't see a good player if it hit 'em in the face. Same with Kisnorbo, they make snap judgements like sheep and on prejudice. Williams is another on their hit list.

Some of the boneheads on here couldn't see a good player if it hit 'em in the face. Same with Kisnorbo, they make snap judgements like sheep and on prejudice. Williams is another on their hit list.

I think he's good player, good technically and can see a pass, but his performances have been indifferent but then again so have half of the leicester team. Against Hull GW was poor but so was Hughes, Maybury, the whole of the defence. If GW doesn't begin to perform, the management will lose patience with him, sometimes I think Leicester's style of play doesn't really suit him!!!

i think technically williams is our best player however, it counts for nothing if the performances are not there.

i felt he was doing well at the start of this season looking skilful and classy and even more aggresive.

but he's back to what he was when he first came. nearly 2 full seasons have passed and he has yet to deliver consitently ie, 8-10-12 games of good form.

i dont like to hear it when people say he doesnt try as i hope he does but it makes you wonder

Archived