Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HacBet

Old players, new start?

no no no no no no no....

There is a chance that Birmingham will get religated,if that is the case then i think there will be a chance that Muzzy Izzet would consider coming back to play for Leicester. I think Lennon is also a strong possiblity as his career is nearnig the end and he has already said he would like to finish his career at Leicester.

There is a chance that Birmingham will get religated,if that is the case then i think there will be a chance that Muzzy Izzet would consider coming back to play for Leicester. I think Lennon is also a strong possiblity as his career is nearnig the end and he has already said he would like to finish his career at Leicester.

Izzet has been injured for most of his time at Brum, so why would we want an older, unfit Muzzy back??

Let's just remember the good days, and as they say "Never go back!!"

look what happened when guppy came back.....he didnt do much did he! although izzet and lennon are better players but they wont be the same players if they come back !

Guppy was treated like shit by micky adams

There will be a problem next season with the midfield, if Izzet and Lennon do come back, i am not saying that they wil come back at al, but if they do then they will definately n ot be treated like shit like guppy was, they would definately have a place in midfield!

TBH ok it would be lovely to see them play for us again!! but they aint with the same players it makes a diff!

dont dwell on what used to be look at what we have and how well they are doing!!

remember them for what they used to be for us (LEGENDS) and dont think about what they could be for us now, new starts at them for us could wash away the status they already created for themselves here!!!

ok sorry if it doesnt make sense, it did when i was thinking it lol!

They are both possibilities...

I tried to start a thread about Izzet and if he may come back to us if Birmingham get relegated (which is likely) but SOMEONE or SOMETHING stopped me from doing so, which annoyed me..

But I think they are both posibilities :thumbup:

Lennon was tempted by the managers position - but he's not too likely to get it this season. There's a slim chance he could come back as player/coach - an extra coach who happens to play first team football is no bad thing ;)

Izzet has been plagued by injury ever since he left, he's been in and out the Birmingham team like a yo-yo. Perhaps if we got him on a pay-as-you-play deal, it would make some sense (financially speaking).

But at the same time, as holly mentioned above (yes, I completely understood the point you were making ;)) do we really want a legend to return, to play just a few games here and there. How disappointing would it be for a hero to return in such condition? It would likely take something away from his legend status.

Most of us have fond memories of Izzet as an ever-present player who gave everything he could, every game he played. Can he keep up with his own reputation upon his return? Probably not, considering his injury problems.

Lennon on the other hand, has had a far less troubled time as injuries are concerned, and should be in pretty good shape for a regular role in the midfield. But there's no guarantee he'll look as good in our midfield second time around.

To paraphrase holly's comments above,

when you consider bringing back former players, you're exposing the player to a possible, serious dent to his legend status and reputation.

Is that what you really want?

It's an age old battle of hearts vs heads.

I'd only bring Lennie back out of the 2 as a player/coach.

but out of the O'Neill era only heskey (of whom we have any chance of actually getting should brum go down) genuinely has something still to offer as he's not even 30 and still has the same ability he did, hasn't particularly struggled with injuries either.

but i doubt that could happen, the most likely is Lennie back helping RK with coaching and chipping in with the odd appearance

:whistle:

Is there any chance of players such as Izzet or Lennon coming back to leicester at the end of the season?

think muz will come back in after next season. no chance of lennon coming back, to old now!! i reckon we should try and get bruno back. he can still do it for us in the championship!

Archived