Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Season Ticket Prices

Is this the funniest thing you've ever seen or what...? http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~805888,00.html

Reminds me of the Forest promotion 'we're serious about promotion, are you?' the season they went down - hilarious. I wonder how many of the players in the video will be here by the time people start buying their tickets... Not to mention the shot of the Birch. Or the shots of people standing up :o at matches. Hell, Kelly might not even be here.

Me and my mates are on that video at the end, standing up near L1 singing. We're famous, but you can only see our backs. :whistle:

:D

I think the new pricing is not a good sign of things to come surely we had a poor season and well to get people in they should at least give them an insentive.

We have had to endure poor home football for 70% of the season and last season and an early bird 5% discount is not value for money.

If the team consistantly play like they have been for 2/3 years I can see next season back to 12-14 hardcore with 3-4,000 based on how well we are doing.

If you had £250-£275 then this becomes more feasable for the 'regular earner' or student.

Exactly! A student rate should be introduced!why should it not be there?I hate the fact that ive not been able to afford to go to games for a couple of years after being a STH and die-hard supporter since I was 5. :( Its not like the ground is full and would mean income would be reduced! Two universities in the city as it is plus all the others that are around the midlands area. Students cannot afford £300 for what has been, from the way my dad has described most of the season, drab "entertainment'. If we were a top team again, then it would be more of a necessary expense, but, although it sounds like a poor supporter, I cannot afford to splash out on a season ticket to see us lose at home to teams such as Luton. Especially in the manner that we did.

Yeh I know it sounds like a typical student bitching about having no money!

For all students under 22 on 1st sept 2006 there is already a reduced rate of £250 for new/standard season tickets and £225 for those so-called premium tickets. Now for "mature" students there is obviously a case. However that figure seems to fall within the range for students mentioned here. The greatest losers are actually those with kids over the age of 12. I suspect that a lot of people are put off by the very large increase in taking a kid who has turned 12. for example if you sit with 2 11 year olds in the bmi at the moment that costs £417 as soon as they turn 12 your cost goes up to £599. surely some radical price popints are needed to get people back in the ground (as well as better qaulity football). imo fox cubs should be extended to the age of 15 and a new student rate from 16-23 should replace the juvenile rate. to fund a proper student rate though it is likely adults would have to pay more so guess some would not like that either.

For those complaining about atmosphere at the ground and kids being in the "kop" then the answer is to keep on chanting all through the game but also to invent better songs/chants which more people feel like joining in with. simply to not allow families into the "kop" is to deprive kids of the opportunity of "learning" that football experience which may lead them to becoming die-hard fans of the future. The atmosphere at the walkers may noy be that great but it was not always that good at Filbert st. either. anyone who can remember the lat 80s with crowds of 8000 will recall the empty spaces and often even when the ground was full the only noise used to come from the one small area of the kop. Imo it is not the mix of where people are sat that creates the atmosphere but what happens on the pitch. the best atmosphere in recent years have been at games where the crowds emotions are running high (for eg that balmy night agains spurs when MON was thought to be leaving, tha home game vs Millwall when birch announced the lineker consortium survival package).

For those complaining about atmosphere at the ground and kids being in the "kop" then the answer is to keep on chanting all through the game but also to invent better songs/chants which more people feel like joining in with. simply to not allow families into the "kop" is to deprive kids of the opportunity of "learning" that football experience which may lead them to becoming die-hard fans of the future. The atmosphere at the walkers may noy be that great but it was not always that good at Filbert st. either. anyone who can remember the lat 80s with crowds of 8000 will recall the empty spaces and often even when the ground was full the only noise used to come from the one small area of the kop. Imo it is not the mix of where people are sat that creates the atmosphere but what happens on the pitch. the best atmosphere in recent years have been at games where the crowds emotions are running high (for eg that balmy night agains spurs when MON was thought to be leaving, tha home game vs Millwall when birch announced the lineker consortium survival package).

I think the point being made is that if the kop turns into a family stand, there will not even be that one small area of continual noise. The old kop at Filbert Street was a concentrated section of fans who would chant non-stop. The kop at the walkers has been diluted by those who are not as loud. The worry is that in turning the kop into a family stand, it will become further diluted, such that when the team is failing to inspire, there will not even be a small band of noise emanating from it.

Anybody got their season ticket pack through yet to renew. I will have finished uni by June so shall be getting a season ticket next season. My mate says he got some vouchers through so that we both gemoney of if he refers me. Anybody else got these and what are the full details of the voucher?

Cheers

This is a difficult subject, and I'm probably gonna get abuse for what I'm going to say.

I as a person, don't believe that swearing in front of women and children is acceptable. In my own opinion I believe my match day experience would be enhanced by not having women or children in the kop(where I sit). I do understand though that people all have a right to sit where they like at the ground, as long as they understand that there will be offensive language used throughout. But to be fair - to call it the Kop is nonsense, I remember my first time in the Kop at Filbert street, when I was bout 15, was all seater by then, and I was intimidated, now in the Kop, reminds me of being in a church congregation.

Edit - My point was going to be that if under 8's are going to get free tickets, stick them in the family stand- ten when they get older and have to start paying, go into whatever part of the gound they like!

No need to be so chivalrous, most (if not all) of the female I go to the football with swear like troopers (including myself) :thumbup:

Lisas 'it' is great - she loves her really :P

No need to be so chivalrous, most (if not all) of the female I go to the football with swear like troopers (including myself) :thumbup:

Lisas 'it' is great - she loves her really :P

On Sat, I sat behind a young lady, she was 15/16/17 sat in the middle of I believe her parents, I did swear and shout, and as usual, I felt a bit guilty for doing so. This girl was quiet all through the match, until that dodgy off-side decision, then she got up and had a right go at linesman - some of the words I'd never even heard of :o

On Sat, I sat behind a young lady, she was 15/16/17 sat in the middle of I believe her parents, I did swear and shout, and as usual, I felt a bit guilty for doing so. This girl was quiet all through the match, until that dodgy off-side decision, then she got up and had a right go at linesman - some of the words I'd never even heard of :o

Well there you go then, no need to worry :D

The greatest losers are actually those with kids over the age of 12. I suspect that a lot of people are put off by the very large increase in taking a kid who has turned 12. for example if you sit with 2 11 year olds in the bmi at the moment that costs £417 as soon as they turn 12 your cost goes up to £599. surely some radical price popints are needed to get people back in the ground (as well as better qaulity football). imo fox cubs should be extended to the age of 15 and a new student rate from 16-23 should replace the juvenile rate. to fund a proper student rate though it is likely adults would have to pay more so guess some would not like that either.
And when your kids reach 16, you'll say that the jump from Fox Cub to young adult price is too high, then the jump from young adult price is to expensive etc.....They have to draw a line somewhere. My niece will miss out on a free ticket by 3 days. Tough poo-poo. At least we don't have to worry what to buy it for it's birthday!

(BTW, if you met the child, you will realise it is an it).

I have to pay young adult now cost £100 more I missed out by 4 days :(

It's all part of life. I missed out on £3300 when A&L floated by 4 months!! An extra £3000 to go Uni with!!! :mad:

I really don't think the young adult prices for season tickets are bad at all. They are still too expensive for me, then again, I am in financial ruin thanks to university.

It's just one of those things, by the time I can afford a season ticket I will be paying adult prices :cry:

The slogan is cringeworthy and the price freeze is not that at all as you have 10% less discounts for this season.

Once again the Club only become one of 'us' when they need our hard earned. Tim Davies and the rest of the marketing team really need to be fired and replaced with football people who understand what is what and not get their ideas out of a marketing book from Waterstones.

We're in it toghether... Yes we bloody well are because of gross incompetence off the field.

Remind me what we get for his quarter of a million a year again?

The real slogan should have read:

"We're shafting you once again"

The club needs the money, it's not as if it's not transparently obvious. Just be thankful you don't support F****t - not only did they start the season with more expensive ticket prices, bu they're going to get another increase. For 3rd division football, in old money.

The Walkers is now half full of 'discounted' supporters with one reason or another. It really annoys those of us who have to pay full whack. We have a family stand thats where anyone under sixteen should have to sit if they want a discount. In all other areas of the ground they pay full whack.

Same goes for so called 'disabled' supporters. In front of us in the West Stand for the last two seasons we have had to endure endless numbers of 'so called disabled' and their carers. Seem pretty able bodied when it comes to running to the bar endlessly for beer and fags.

A large contributing reason the club is financially strapped is the endless run of discounted and complimentary tickets. Lets see some transparency and have the club publish a list of the number of discounted and complimenatry tickets. When Ken Bates took over at Leeds the first thing he cut down was the complimentary tickets which was running at nearly 3000 a game.

Full price season ticket holders fund the club - there are not many other businesses where your clients pay up front for you to run your business yet it is the full price season ticket holders who Tim Davies listens to the least.

We requested more adulot only areas of the ground and the club just ignored the issue. As you sow so shall you reap Tim. Many full price season ticket holders may well hold off renewing to see if the team starts badly and then you roll out the endless incentives again.

We requested more adulot only areas of the ground and the club just ignored the issue. As you sow so shall you reap Tim. Many full price season ticket holders may well hold off renewing to see if the team starts badly and then you roll out the endless incentives again.
What? By giving people a chance to put their feelings across in a questionnaire? 76% of those who could be bothered responding said they didn't want adult only sections. What more do you want them to do? Have another go until they get the answer you want?

What? By giving people a chance to put their feelings across in a questionnaire? 76% of those who could be bothered responding said they didn't want adult only sections. What more do you want them to do? Have another go until they get the answer you want?

thats ok then adult only in the kop, that is less than 75% of the ground, ;)

i am thinking of geting a season ticket but i have to get my girlfriend one to, as she is not at work and loves goig to the match's.we come under the young adults price, can i pay of a bit each month??? :cry:

Just get a credit card.

The Walkers is now half full of 'discounted' supporters with one reason or another. It really annoys those of us who have to pay full whack. We have a family stand thats where anyone under sixteen should have to sit if they want a discount. In all other areas of the ground they pay full whack.

Same goes for so called 'disabled' supporters. In front of us in the West Stand for the last two seasons we have had to endure endless numbers of 'so called disabled' and their carers. Seem pretty able bodied when it comes to running to the bar endlessly for beer and fags.

A large contributing reason the club is financially strapped is the endless run of discounted and complimentary tickets. Lets see some transparency and have the club publish a list of the number of discounted and complimenatry tickets. When Ken Bates took over at Leeds the first thing he cut down was the complimentary tickets which was running at nearly 3000 a game.

Full price season ticket holders fund the club - there are not many other businesses where your clients pay up front for you to run your business yet it is the full price season ticket holders who Tim Davies listens to the least.

Im sorry i have to take you to task over one or two points, i am a STH and so are my kids, we have been for along while and i have never been able to get any of them in for free!! we were in the family stand for a while but the kids did not like it in there so we are now in the kop, which cost me more, but if it meant keeping them happy then it had to be done. they are aged 11, 10, 9, 9, 8. so as you can see that over the next few years it is going to cost me a packet. Not only this you have got to take into account new shirts, scalfs, hats, quilt covers ect, so for you to tell me where i have to sit is a joke and to be honest it really pissed me off !!! As for full paying adults funding the club, that is crap, we all do, in more ways than one. If i had to pay full price for my kids i simple would not go, so you loose the lot !!! Can you not see further then the end of your nose? my kids could be the future of this club and with out the reductions they would not have a chance, and hopefully when they are old enough to earn money it will be spent on ST at leicester, as for people under 16 sitting in the family stand , why should a parent who has been a STH in another part of the ground have to move just because they want to start taking a child along?? They simply would not take them , or stop going themselves, then you loose exsisting STH and a possible future STH.

Archived