Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

FAO: The Board! You CAN'T let this happen!

Leicester City caretaker manager Rob Kelly is a contender for the Wolves job if Glenn Hoddle leaves. (Times)

Monday's Gossip Column!

This can't be allowed to happen. No Way.

If this is true, it's clear that Rob's achievements are making people sit up and notice. That's quite flattering for him - but bloody hell we can't have that! Rob Kelly has worked his magic for all to see, he has to stay and bring the good times back. He's got to be kept on!

Give him the job, NOW!

:cool:

National news organisations have not been too clever in recent months with their usually unsubstantiated and often illogical rumours about what might happen at Leicester City.

Now according to The Times Leicester City caretaker manager Rob Kelly is a contender for the Wolves job if Glenn Hoddle leaves.

Insomuch as all sorts of people would be contenders and might wish to apply and listen to what the Wolves had to offer, I am quite sure Kelly might be temped, but that's all.

He hails from the West Midlands, was an aspiring journalist on the Wolverhampton Express and Star and has already worked at the club - he would be an attractive candidate.

But Kelly is also a man of singular common sense and a man who doesn't like letting people down, or vice versa.

It is the players at Leicester City who have done so much to champion his managerial cause and the players who have earned him 24 points in 12 championship games with their outstandingly consistent and hardworking performances.

Is he seriously going to simply turn round to them and say, thanks lads. You've done me proud. You've made my name, seeya?.

I wouldn't. I would be indebted to the players.

There is no way that I would show my gratitude by turning my backs on them.

Kelly might have shaped and organised the side to function as an effective unit. But those players, irrespective of their limitations, have gone out week by week and given 100 per cent.

Not just the odd one but all of them.

They stuck their heads above the parapet in pleading with the Board to give him the job in the first place.

His newly elevated status is down to their efforts and their willingness to focus so single-mindedly on the job.

If he leaves them at this stage he will less of a man than I think he is.

National news organisations have not been too clever in recent months with their usually unsubstantiated and often illogical rumours about what might happen at Leicester City.

Now according to The Times Leicester City caretaker manager Rob Kelly is a contender for the Wolves job if Glenn Hoddle leaves.

Insomuch as all sorts of people would be contenders and might wish to apply and listen to what the Wolves had to offer, I am quite sure Kelly might be temped, but that's all.

He hails from the West Midlands, was an aspiring journalist on the Wolverhampton Express and Star and has already worked at the club - he would be an attractive candidate.

But Kelly is also a man of singular common sense and a man who doesn't like letting people down, or vice versa.

It is the players at Leicester City who have done so much to champion his managerial cause and the players who have earned him 24 points in 12 championship games with their outstandingly consistent and hardworking performances.

Is he seriously going to simply turn round to them and say, thanks lads. You've done me proud. You've made my name, seeya?.

I wouldn't. I would be indebted to the players.

There is no way that I would show my gratitude by turning my backs on them.

Kelly might have shaped and organised the side to function as an effective unit. But those players, irrespective of their limitations, have gone out week by week and given 100 per cent.

Not just the odd one but all of them.

They stuck their heads above the parapet in pleading with the Board to give him the job in the first place.

His newly elevated status is down to their efforts and their willingness to focus so single-mindedly on the job.

If he leaves them at this stage he will less of a man than I think he is.

You've summed it up exactly for me. He would be the biggest hypocrite known to man if he turned down a permanent managerial position here to go to Wolves. Plus Wolves will want a bigger name i'm sure of it, they think their bigger than their station. Always have done.

You've summed it up exactly for me. He would be the biggest hypocrite known to man if he turned down a permanent managerial position here to go to Wolves. Plus Wolves will want a bigger name i'm sure of it, they think their bigger than their station. Always have done.

We still should not hang about, if wolves really are interested we would be in a better position if we had made our intentions clear before they get a chance to make an offer.

We still should not hang about, if wolves really are interested we would be in a better position if we had made our intentions clear before they get a chance to make an offer.

Now we are safe, who's to say that the board won't now sit down and focus their attentions on giving the job to Kelly (if he wants it).

Now we are safe, who's to say that the board won't now sit down and focus their attentions on giving the job to Kelly (if he wants it).

People keep saying they should give Kelly the job, but Kelly has never said that he wants it! In fact, he's often said he prefers to ply his trade as a coach away from the limelight. I think he's done fantasically well, but at the end of the day, if he doesn't want to be a manager, you can't make him, and neither can Wolves!

I believe an offer has been on the table for some time but that RK has chosen to ignore it. It's no use blaming the Board if RK won't sign. Maybe it's a negotiating ploy or maybe he'd rather be somewhere else.

I am not too bothered by this ... I mean how many managers were linked with us in the gossip column, when CL was fired, all of them said they weren't interested.

My view is that its a case of Kelly and Stowel are former Wolves players/members of the management staff, Leicester are playing well at the moment, lets link them with the job... I would think that Kelly would give Leicester the first refusal at the end of the season, if that is, he wants a management job full time ... and we'll cross that bridge when it arrives.

I believe an offer has been on the table for some time but that RK has chosen to ignore it. It's no use blaming the Board if RK won't sign. Maybe it's a negotiating ploy or maybe he'd rather be somewhere else.

You might be right, but from reading his recent interview it does sound like if he is to become a manager permanently then it would be at Leicester, so if he then goes to Wolves it would be very disappointing.

Now that we're safe the board should sit down with RK to thrash out a deal. He has to be made manager permamently - sooner rather than later.

Obviously we don't know what may, or may not be going on behind the scenes at leicester but i think now that we are safe, for the benifit of everyone connected to the club, they should decide that he is their man and offer him a contract.

The more time goes by with out him getting a deal, the more suspicious i am that the board have already found a replacment but had to wait til the end of season for it too work and kelly was just a stop gap. :(

It won't happen.... i hope.

For the same reasons Thrac and Ric have pointed out, I don't think he'd just pack his bags and leave. Although he has Wolves connections and is a west midlands lad, I can't see him walk out on us. Having said this, our board must sit him down and give him a contract. Once, we've beaten the scum though ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the board are sitting down with Kelly right now and discussing a contract. The link to Wolves? Lazy journos speculating because both Kelly and Stowell used to be with them.

Surely they would have broke for lunch its 13:12 you know

Surely they would have broke for lunch its 13:12 you know

Depends on wheather he's discussing terms with us or Wolves.

If your from Wolverhampton your brain runs at a slower pace due to the smaller capacity. Meaning by lunch time your normally two hours behind the rest of the country = Brunch at 13:24

Considering Rob Kelly is a trained journalist why don't the mercury and LCFC join forces and both pay his wages, it would save us some money and he could also write some articles that might hold some intregity to them instead of the bullshit Blanderson often writes.

Good idea?

Considering Rob Kelly is a trained journalist why don't the mercury and LCFC join forces and both pay his wages, it would save us some money and he could also write some articles that might hold some intregity to them instead of the bullshit Blanderson often writes.

Good idea?

Horrible.

The Mercury save thousands of pounds a year on Andersons wages which would surely increase if they hired a real journalist in his place. He's like slave labour, inefficent and a liabilty but cheap as chips!

Horrible.

The Mercury save thousands of pounds a year on Andersons wages which would surely increase if they hired a real journalist in his place. He's like slave labour, inefficent and a liabilty but cheap as chips!

I bet he's on a few quid though, it's always the case.

I bet he's on a few quid though, it's always the case.

Possibly so, but he's so inept he has to be earning less then a person who could actually do the job properly. Otherwise they would of got shot. Just my personal opinion I dunno what he earns.

Possibly so, but he's so inept he has to be earning less then a person who could actually do the job properly. Otherwise they would of got shot. Just my personal opinion I dunno what he earns.

The mercury probably think he's doing a good job and most Leicester fans probably do aswell. Remember that your average Leicester fan is very simple, you only have to listen to the phone-in or over-hear them in the pub before the game. It amazes me, always has.

Talking of which! From the mockery:

The job's yours! With Leicester City safe as a Championship side for next season, Robert Kelly is sure to be offered the manager's job on a long-term basis. kelly1004.jpg

I understand that the club were simply waiting to see the mathematics sorted out before taking the logical step.

That obstacle has now been removed so this could be a momentous week.

Initially holding the fort as the club looked elsewhere for a replacement for the sacked Craig Levein back in January, Kelly was given the job until the end of the season.

And his success in guiding the same group of players to a totally different set of results cannot and will not be discounted.

Kelly has yet to hear of any offer and would only say: "I will do what I have always done and only deal with what I can affect.

"Everyone at the club can now look ahead and consider what direction to take.

"There had been an inclination to look over our shoulders but now it is time to look to the future.

"Personally, I am only going to focus on our next game, that is what I have always done. But there is a bigger picture, I know that.

"We have got ourselves out of a situation we should never have been in in the first place and, as for what is going to happen next, all I can say is that the bricks are in place."

Kelly has earned the right for a chance to build them into a stronger side and, indeed, the present team is looking strong itself and will be buoyed by safety being settled at last.

The City boss said: "When I looked at the run of tough fixtures, I did not imagine we would be safe so soon.

"But that has been down to the players. They have responded to the challenge brilliantly, stuck together and played some very good football, just as we knew they were capable of producing.

"It is a relief that it has been done early and we now have a little bit of time to look forward.

"The first part of the work has been done and now it is a question of starting the second phase."

Having taken the first step under Kelly, the players all want him to steer them to the next stage - and it is likely they will get their wish

Archived