Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

According to the Mirror ...

From the Mirror. :):):D:D:P;):thumbup:

The Mirror

KELLY GETS FOXES JOB

ROB KELLY will today be named new boss of Leicester after stunning the Foxes board with his rescue act.

Kelly secured Championship survival by winning seven of 12 league games since Craig Levein was sacked in January. He was rewarded with a 12-month rolling contract.

"Now we're safe everyone can look ahead and consider what direction to take," he said.

Sounds pretty conclusive. Let's hope it's true. Still silence from most other sources :unsure:

I hope it is true - the precise nature of the rolling contract sounds promising - but there is otherwise no substance to the story apart from a rather vague one-line quote and the Nationals have been so far off the mark lately that I'm still treating it as a risk-free-rumour.

Everyone's aware that discussions are ongoing and a bit of chancy guesswork might get the Mirror a first and if it has to be modified later so what.

What concerns me slightly is that the OS have posted a piece about Leicester's England Youth players but at 12-noon have still not got a word to say about Kelly.

get in he deserves it!!

has the club announced there to be a press conference??

Errrr, no, but I've posted a "no word" comment that might prompt a reaction.

The Mirror story could so easily have been a 2+2 gamble. Or Kelly could have had an offer and be considering it alongside any potential alternatives. Personally I wish the whole thing had been sorted three weeks ago. The additional stories in other newspapers (certainly the Express) seem to have been lifted from the one :whistle:

It's been agreed, they are just deciding on when to announce it from what i've heard.

What's this about a new chairman? Or is that a joke because it takes ages for us to arrange a press conference and we need someone who can put chairs out quickly? :D

It's been agreed, they are just deciding on when to announce it from what i've heard.

What's this about a new chairman? Or is that a joke because it takes ages for us to arrange a press conference and we need someone who can put chairs out quickly? :D

Not a joke, the rumour has been going around for a while that we're going to get a new chairman. Ask Thracian's friend Bocadillo about it...

How do you know it's been agreed? I've been scouring the net and can't find anything. Really want to know it's happened :)

Maybe they'll do it at 6 - 6.30pm like when CL was axed. :unsure:;):ermm:

Nah, like I said in a previous thread, If they had any showmanship they'd get the Birch to announce it on Saturday just before kick off (like being out of admin, getting permission to build on Bede island etc..)

Archived