Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goddard

Will Hume be here next season?

I've heard nothing to suggest he wants to leave, but i do think if i was a promoted side looking for a cheap effective striker, I'd definitely look into getting Ian Hume.

I can see Reading nabbing him for about £1.5m :cry:

I've heard nothing to suggest he wants to leave, but i do think if i was a promoted side looking for a cheap effective striker, I'd definitely look into getting Ian Hume.

That was my concern along with Fryatt.

They are two quality players and definate have alot of potential, i wouldnt be suprised if a few clubs would come sniffing around, in the likes of Blackburn or Charlton teams like that.

I pray they dont.

I don't think they will be picked up by any one just yet, yes they have stood out for us so far but at this moment they dont really warrant a place in the Prem.

Not alot we can do about it, all I know is that if we do sell them then atleast we will have some money to purchase some players. Plenty of teams like Preston, Watford, etc have lost some of their best players to bigger clubs and everyone thought it would hinder their chances of success but the money has helped them strengthen in other areas.

I would hate to see either go, but if we got a silly offer of £2 million or more then we'd be foolish not to take it.

I don't think we really need to worry about the summer, but if they (matty and ian) carry on thier brilliant form into next season the premiership clubs could come looking in january

Not alot we can do about it, all I know is that if we do sell them then atleast we will have some money to purchase some players. Plenty of teams like Preston, Watford, etc have lost some of their best players to bigger clubs and everyone thought it would hinder their chances of success but the money has helped them strengthen in other areas.

I would hate to see either go, but if we got a silly offer of £2 million or more then we'd be foolish not to take it.

For hume yes, for fryatt no.

He's the best player we've had here in a very long time.

I would put Hume and Fryatt above Helgusson and Cresswell any day of the week.

As you say not alot we can do about it but i would be gutted to lose them, they are not replaceable.

As you say not alot we can do about it but i would be gutted to lose them, they are not replaceable.

I agree i would be gutted too but I think Kelly and Co have done well in the transfer market, if we do lose our top players at a very good price, who's to say we can't replace them with cheaper gems.

You might be right, but both scored 20+ goals in a season for their club so irrespective of who's better those goals = points, which equals a better chance of success. If you then sell your top goalscorer you could be forgiven for thinking it would seriously hinder the teams chances but at Preston and Watford it hasn't.

Infact Preston have lost 3 strikers in the past 2 seasons and it hasn't effected them (Fuller, Healy, Cresswell)

You might be right, but both scored 20+ goals in a season for their club so irrespective of who's better those goals = points, which equals a better chance of success. If you then sell your top goalscorer you could be forgiven for thinking it would seriously hinder the teams chances but at Preston and Watford it hasn't.

Infact Preston have lost 3 strikers in the past 2 seasons and it hasn't effected them (Fuller, Healy, Cresswell)

Can you imagine if Fryatt and Hume had the supply that Cresswell was getting for Preston or Helgusson at Watford? Marlon King has about 20 goals this season and he was deemed as the worst player at Forest.

Williams will create goals and Joey has but we have had no real wingers to whip in some great balls which again leaves Fryatt and Hume doing all the donkey work thus being knackered by the 70th min.

he will be here next season but not the year after as we will not get promoted.

Surely he will want to stay if we get promoted, and i can't see us getting rid of him

then why ask, the club will insist on a fairly big some of money £3M+ for each

why ask? Because championship players get snapped up by Prem clubs every summer whether they want to leave or not?

yes but they have usually set the league alight with their pwerformances which no-one other then Stearman and McCarthy have done

Correct. Every player has a price. The secret managerially is to have an even better replacement in the wings and and to use the income wisely.

Correct. Every player has a price. The secret managerially is to have an even better replacement in the wings and and to use the income wisely.

I seem to recall during the early season transfer window, Rob Kelly himself said that they always had a Plan B for the possibility that a player is bought. He made a point of saying it again once Connolly had been taken away from us at the last minute, and we had duly brought in Iain Hume.

And since Rob was the one that worked with youth/reserve players in previous jobs, it may very well have been he who was tasked with locating replacements for key players should they leave.

They should certainly still have such plans ready for a players exit.

yes but they have usually set the league alight with their pwerformances which no-one other then Stearman and McCarthy have done

Connolly never realy set the league alight did he really, but there is always a Premiership club with money burnig a hole in their desparate pockets;

Sunderlan:d £3Mil for Piper, Wigan: £3Mil for Connolly, Brum: £1(ish)Mil for DJ Cambell, Blackburn: Stead, Southampton: Omerod... etc.

Also nearly every manager/pundit who sees the Hume/Fryatt partnership is really impressed!!! :cry::unsure:

I will guarantee hume will be here next season.

But only to start it, like connolly this year. If hume starts off to a flier, and a prem team is struggling wi goasl he'll go before the transfer blockade or in the window!! Most prem teams at the star of the season, IMO would prefer a "big" name and would try their hardest to get one before the season starts.

I cannot see anyone taking a risk on someone after half a season in the champs.

he will leave because we wont get promoted next season. i did not say we would get promoted. :blink:

:clap: Sorry my mistake! In that case i agree with you, if we don't get promoted he will leave.

Archived