Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Kelly eyes Tiatto stay

I've definatly been a fan of getting rid of Tiatto BUT if he takes a substantial pay cut then I think that shows the kind of loyalty we might need from players. Wouldn't retain him as club captain though. If he goes down to 5k a week can we afford not to keep him even if just for his influence and as backup?

Would Tiatto be better playing somewhere other then on the left. One of the major criticisms (except that he gives the ball away, gets injured, always gets booked) is that when he plays, he drifts inside too much and we lose width and shape. Maybe if he played as a fighting centre mid player alongside Williams (when Weso was being rested, unfit or whatever) he could do a job?

I've definatly been a fan of getting rid of Tiatto BUT if he takes a substantial pay cut then I think that shows the kind of loyalty we might need from players. Wouldn't retain him as club captain though. If he goes down to 5k a week can we afford not to keep him even if just for his influence and as backup?

Would Tiatto be better playing somewhere other then on the left. One of the major criticisms (except that he gives the ball away, gets injured, always gets booked) is that when he plays, he drifts inside too much and we lose width and shape. Maybe if he played as a fighting centre mid player alongside Williams (when Weso was being rested, unfit or whatever) he could do a job?

I was thinking more like £2000 a week and perhaps give him an extra £1500 every game he plays where he doesn't get booked. £5000 is £250000 a year, which could get us a younger lower league player or a young reserve premiership player. I know he gives us experience but eating shaving foam is an experience if that's all they are interested in.

I think that's exactly what Kelly's probably thinking. If he can't find a decent replacement for Joey, and Weso is limited in the games he plays, then he might need to use Tiatto in that role. And, a season ago, you'd have thought he could have done it. Now, it looks less appealing

I was thinking more like £2000 a week and perhaps give him an extra £1500 every game he plays where he doesn't get booked. £5000 is £250000 a year, which could get us a younger lower league player or a young reserve premiership player. I know he gives us experience but eating shaving foam is an experience if that's all they are interested in.

I reckon I've ingested a fair amount of shaving foam in my time.

Am I worth £2,000 a week. I think so.

I know this comment makes me sound like a grumpy middle aged man, but hey I am, so no surprises there then, but although I have stated previously stated that I'd keep Tiatto, on a reduced rate, the thought of him getting 250k per annum, basically from us, the paying customer, makes my stomach churn.

And while I'm in Grumpy mode, you'd have thought that Lee Morris could have said something like "thanks to the Club for supporting me, sorry I haven't been able to contribute much, all the best for next season."

Instead the only quote I'vew seen from him in the last six months is "I'm not setting any targets." That's right Lee, wouldn't want to set any targets about actually getting back to doing your job would you now.

I know brain surgeons who get about 110k per annum. Brain surgeons. Danny Tiatto, worth about twice as much as a brain surgeon.

I know this comment makes me sound like a grumpy middle aged man, but hey I am, so no surprises there then, but although I have stated previously stated that I'd keep Tiatto, on a reduced rate, the thought of him getting 250k per annum, basically from us, the paying customer, makes my stomach churn.

And while I'm in Grumpy mode, you'd have thought that Lee Morris could have said something like "thanks to the Club for supporting me, sorry I haven't been able to contribute much, all the best for next season."

Instead the only quote I'vew seen from him in the last six months is "I'm not setting any targets." That's right Lee, wouldn't want to set any targets about actually getting back to doing your job would you now.

I know brain surgeons who get about 110k per annum. Brain surgeons. Danny Tiatto, worth about twice as much as a brain surgeon.

Absolutely he isn't worth that and very few footballers are worth the money they get paid but because football is such a big industry and so much money get generated, it's easy to see why they get paid it. The main problem is that the smaller clubs like us can't really afford to pay the wages we have to, especially to mediocre players at best such as Tiatto.

Archived