Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Kelly eyes Tiatto stay

I just think RK needs a squad around him and players like Tiatto may help the likes of Stearman, O'Grady etc come through and be regualrs in the first team. It seems as though there are limited funds avaliable so if we got rid of players on the frindge and couldnt bring anyone in, our squad wouldnt be able to cope!

The article got me wondering who RK might look to bring in. Was thinking he's only worked at Wolves, Watford and Blackburn so surely it would be people he knows from there?

Kelly seems to have the transfer brain of Adams

Can't understand this quote. This thread is about Kelly perhaps keeping Tiatto - in other words slowing the revolving door transfer policy of previous managers.

Tiatto has been rubbish this season, but imho he was one of the best last season. Gudjonnsen has been good this seaaon, but most of us thought him rubbish last season.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to start criticising Kelly's transfer acumen already seems extraordinary.

Well look this is the guy who got us out of this mess so if he wants Tiatto to stay, fine.

In my eyes, Rob Kelly is a saviour and has saved me, along with every one of you, a lot of heartbreak and caused some joy and happiness instead.

Whatever Rob wants, ROB GETS! :)

Firstly I don't want Tiatto to stay, however if by keeping him it provides Kelly with some experience around the place and that he's not guaranteed either a first team place, the Captaincy or doesn't adversly affect Kelly's ability to strenghten the team, then I can live with it.

I've seen and read the Merc and it includes a massive back page headline of

" KELLY : I'LL DO WHAT I CAN TO KEEP SKIPPER"

To me this is at best, the Mercury mis-judging the feelings and views of, I believe the majority of fans to sell newspapers or at worst, a bit of mischief making by over emphasising Kelly's desire to keep and use Tiatto in a leading role within the club.

I think or least I hope the key quote is this "Kelly said: "I would want him to stay if possible because we are losing Joey Gudjonsson for certain and, if you look around the squad, there are a lot of young players who will need help from some older heads."

It doesn't say I'm going to play him every week it just says we need some experienced players, in effect rubbing shoulders with and supporting the younger ones. Well that's my interpretation/hope.

Firstly I don't want Tiatto to stay, however if by keeping him it provides Kelly with some experience around the place and that he's not guaranteed either a first team place, the Captaincy or doesn't adversly affect Kelly's ability to strenghten the team, then I can live with it.

I've seen and read the Merc and it includes a massive back page headline of

" KELLY : I'LL DO WHAT I CAN TO KEEP SKIPPER"

To me this is at best, the Mercury mis-judging the feelings and views of, I believe the majority of fans to sell newspapers or at worst, a bit of mischief making by over emphasising Kelly's desire to keep and use Tiatto in a leading role within the club.

I think or least I hope the key quote is this "Kelly said: "I would want him to stay if possible because we are losing Joey Gudjonsson for certain and, if you look around the squad, there are a lot of young players who will need help from some older heads."

It doesn't say I'm going to play him every week it just says we need some experienced players, in effect rubbing shoulders with and supporting the younger ones. Well that's my interpretation/hope.

Yeah, sure to be paper-selling headlines. I wouldn't worry Kelly's done a fantastic job so far. With regards to the comments on Stearman, sonds more like a statement of suprise at how well he's done this season; I don't think he's suggesting in any way that Stearman won't be involved as much next year, nor will Weso. If anything it might be a way of suggesting that he wants to try out other youngsters... perhaps :ph34r:

It all worries me. Tiatto for all his troubles still started 10 League matches and we didn't win one of them. Marvellous influence that and does the manager not realise that one of the reasons he's getting more injuries is because he's getting older and that certainly one of the reasons he gets so many cards is that he doesn't quite get into position to tackle properly.

He showed one or two clever tricks in his cameo appearance on Saturday but still nearly managed to give an equaliser away with a woefully bad and unnecessary back pass.

Don't mistake me. I can understand how Kelly regards him as a solid bloke to have around but reliable? I don't think so on the evidence of this season.

I quite liked the Plymouth midfielder Akox Buzsaky though and noticed he got a good reception from the Plymouth fans when he took the field, presumably returning from injury.

Plymouth, I believe was a taste of things to come but I still hope I'm wrong. It was such a boring and unenterprising game. We had nothing to lose by modifying our system and seeing if we couldn't improve the quality and attacking potential of our side but Kelly wouldn't budge.

We simply ground out a 1-0 that was never entertaining until O'Grady came on for his brief few minutes. I know. I expect too much.

It all worries me. Tiatto for all his troubles still started 10 League matches and we didn't win one of them. Marvellous influence that and does the manager not realise that one of the reasons he's getting more injuries is because he's getting older and that certainly one of the reasons he gets so many cards is that he doesn't quite get into position to tackle properly.

He showed one or two clever tricks in his cameo appearance on Saturday but still nearly managed to give an equaliser away with a woefully bad and unnecessary back pass.

Don't mistake me. I can understand how Kelly regards him as a solid bloke to have around but reliable? I don't think so on the evidence of this season.

I quite liked the Plymouth midfielder Akox Buzsaky though and noticed he got a good reception from the Plymouth fans when he took the field, presumably returning from injury.

Plymouth, I believe was a taste of things to come but I still hope I'm wrong. It was such a boring and unenterprising game. We had nothing to lose by modifying our system and seeing if we couldn't improve the quality and attacking potential of our side but Kelly wouldn't budge.

We simply ground out a 1-0 that was never entertaining until O'Grady came on for his brief few minutes. I know. I expect too much.

Too true, wouldn't it be nice if he had tried a Fryatt, Hume and O'Grady up front for the last game, playing a 4-3-3. Because I'd love to see Hume working of both Matt and Chris up front!

Fair point.

As did Stearman (twice!), a fact conveniently forgotten by those who are deluded enough to believe that Stearman can do no wrong.

If Kelly does want him to stay (and we should be wary of taking ANY Mercury story at face value) I think that after what the boss has done in the last three months we should trust his judgement.

Professional footballers are lazy bar stewards at heart and always have been. Our players did just enough to win an end of season game which meant nothing to them except their bonus. Gudjonsson, Welsh and probably others will not be seen again at the Way in a blue shirt and it's not surprising they often looked like they were going through the motions.

By the time we meet up again in August everything about Saturday's game will have been forgotten, apart perhaps from Fryatt's goal.

RK has stated several times, that he and the board bought into the 'young, hungry players' scheme.

One article suggesting he might try to keep just one particular, aging player in the form of Tiatto, doesn't suggest he's about to turn the first team into an over 50s club as Adams once attempted.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Tiatto and would rather we got his wages off the balance sheet completely, but if Kelly thinks he is worth having, and he's affordable as part of the new reality the finances of the team find themselves, then that's fine by me.

If he decided he needed a complete starting 11 of aging, bald, Australian over-30s, then I'd worry. But I really can't see that being the case.

Sadly it's just a case of the media focussing on one particular aspect in this particular article - the team doesn't have a great amount of experience, really. It failed to mention the club policy of signing younger, hungrier players.

From Clubcall:

Same story different interpretation. :P

Leicester City - Midfielder to snub new deal?

24 Apr 2006 15:48

Leicester could be set to lose club captain Danny Tiatto in the summer - because any new deal will see his wages slashed. :)

The Australian international is out of contract at the end of the campaign but manager Rob Kelly will be handed a shoestring summer budget, with the club losing their £7million parachute payment from the Premier League.

Kelly is hoping to persuade Tiatto to stay, telling the Leicester Mercury: "I would want him to stay if possible because we are losing Joey Gudjonsson for certain and, if you look around the squad, there are a lot of young players who will need help from some older heads.

"I have had a couple of meetings with the board and there will be more this week. Nothing has been set in stone and I just want to see where we can go.

"Joey will be hard to replace and I know money is going to be very tight, so it is a problem."

From Clubcall:

Same story different interpretation. :P

Leicester City - Midfielder to snub new deal?

24 Apr 2006 15:48

Leicester could be set to lose club captain Danny Tiatto in the summer - because any new deal will see his wages slashed. :)

The Australian international is out of contract at the end of the campaign but manager Rob Kelly will be handed a shoestring summer budget, with the club losing their £7million parachute payment from the Premier League.

Kelly is hoping to persuade Tiatto to stay, telling the Leicester Mercury: "I would want him to stay if possible because we are losing Joey Gudjonsson for certain and, if you look around the squad, there are a lot of young players who will need help from some older heads.

"I have had a couple of meetings with the board and there will be more this week. Nothing has been set in stone and I just want to see where we can go.

"Joey will be hard to replace and I know money is going to be very tight, so it is a problem."

Every day brings a new sense of optimism :D

I can understand wanting Tiatto in the squad for his influence around the place, however I don't want him anywhere near the first eleven and I don't want him as captain.....so I don't see the point in keeping him at all.

I might not be the first to mention this but hopefully RK will see the parallels with the Dion Dublin situation last summer and take action accordingly (i.e. get rid of the useless ****)

:D

I seem to recall Kelly saying that he wanted Dublin to stay though, but Dublin was desperate to join Celtic.

I still have my doubts that Kelly is 100% committed to the "young and hungry" regime.

The problem is,as with most managers the fear of failure outweighs the desire to try new things. A reflection on life I suppose.

Better quotes about Kelly's feelings on the OS:

"Danny has had his injury problems this season but he is someone, from a purely footballing perspective that I would like to do something with.

"I will speak to Danny and see what we can do but I am sure a lot of water will go under the bridge over the next few weeks.

"Our parachute payment may have gone but I see next season as a challenge and it doesn't frighten me.

"I don't want to come up with problems, just solutions.

"I do not want to put barriers up, I want to remove them and that's what we'll be looking to do in the summer."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~821257,00.html

"Danny has had his injury problems this season but he is someone, from a purely footballing perspective that I would like to do something with.

"I will speak to Danny and see what we can do but I am sure a lot of water will go under the bridge over the next few weeks.

"Our parachute payment may have gone but I see next season as a challenge and it doesn't frighten me.

"I don't want to come up with problems, just solutions.

"I do not want to put barriers up, I want to remove them and that's what we'll be looking to do in the summer."

My god, the chiche-o-meter....it's melting!!!!

Interesting first quote that. What exactly would Kelly do with Tiatto from a non-footballing perspective? Teach him basic conversational Spanish? Do salsa classes with him?

Archived