Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

bruce watches fryatt

Could we afford not to accept it, Fair enough if we don't sell he may help our push for play off/promotion next season (Play off is best I can see us doing, Hope we do better though) but at the same time could we afford the risk of turning £1M+ (Or less) down?

Yes we can. If you start selling assets below their value then your financial problems quickly get worse and you soon find yourself selling your next good player cheaply until you have no assets left.

Don't forget that our good young players should be able to keep you fairly near the right end of the table, perhaps contending a play-off place with a little improvement here and there and that should have a positive effect on receipts. Getting shut of our dead wood will get rid of some more costs, even if we have to fill in with Academy players.

By that I mean players like Sylla, Hamill, DeVries, Douglas who no longer serve a specific purpose. Those savings would do us more good than underselling a decent team member.

well i still think that with 750,000 from Kisnorbo we could easily buy another 3 players.

look at our 2 centrebacks now: Kisnorbo = we got for free

Mcarthy = 70k was it??

if we can get 2 great centre backs for 70k ish im sure kisnorbo can easily be replaced and have money left over.

we just need to hope Kelly is as good as judging player potental as Levien was....

I don't know whether you were being sarcastic but Levein was not good at judging players. First of all he didn't even know Kisnorbo's best position and it was Kelly who basically made the McCarthy transfer happen. This was because he had watched him when in the north-west at Blackburn and he did most of the negociations!

I don't know whether you were being sarcastic but Levein was not good at judging players. First of all he didn't even know Kisnorbo's best position and it was Kelly who basically made the McCarthy transfer happen. This was because he had watched him when in the north-west at Blackburn and he did most of the negociations!

i feel this too. kelly will be better in the market. we cant forget sylla, douglas, de vries, hammill, gilbert etc... who levein bought in.

i feel this too. kelly will be better in the market. we cant forget sylla, douglas, de vries, hammill, gilbert etc... who levein bought in.

On balance I agree, it's just that he's signed two players so far, albeit on loan, and one of them was Brevett. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Birmingham can naff off now they have been relegated, why would Fryatt and Kisbo go to them over us? Shite ground no prospects.

Hit the nail on the head there!

would take muzzy back 2 replace joey,dont need bruno really?

Defo, Muzzy is a legend and is a much better passer of the ball than Joey ever was. Also I agree that we don't need Bruno, he has been v.poor this season and I would hate to see Hume-Fryatt partnership split. This is why Bruce can get lost in trying to get Fryatt, wouldn't say no to £1.5m for Kisnorbo like he claims they will pay if they have to though.

Mr Potatohead can feck off, the only way we're going to be successful next season is by keeping the squad together, Reading showed the benefits of this. If you'd rather end up being a feeder club to the top flight like Forest were when they were in the Championship by selling your top talent then we will progress about as far as an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping. To be honest have any of you even thought about which players match the level of Kisnorbo or Fryatt? And even if you do find them, they have to settle in etc whereas hopefully next season Kisnorbo, Fryatt and all our other Star Players will pick up where they have left off at the end of this season giving us a better chance of progressing.

Bruce left the game as soon as fryatt was substituted

If I recall, Fryatt was substituted soon after Kisnorbo was sent off, so perhaps he left because Kisnorbo had been sent off and it's a coincidence that he left once Fryatt went off.

If I recall, Fryatt was substituted soon after Kisnorbo was sent off, so perhaps he left because Kisnorbo had been sent off and it's a coincidence that he left once Fryatt went off.

Good point flair :thumbup:

ah, touche :thumbup:

Archived