Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

City close doors on fans

all nasty events.

the premiership now have succeeded in further widening the gap between them and the league since our reserves will now be playing against lower class opposition. The behind closed doors things etc. will seriously detriment the reserves match experience since they wont have any fans pressure on them and if they playing less games and against lower opposition their will be a bigger jump to the 1st team, keeping it out of sight for the public is a bad thing also, will these games still be on the website?

The main reason for this happening is the Premier Reserve League booting us out and we first became aware of this at the Fans Consultative Committee just over a week ago.

Yes, I was aware that the PRL had changed things, however, this can't be used as any sort of valid reason for the closed door policy.

We don't like the idea of closed door matches and will be talking to the club about it.

Thanks, please make sure to post your findings (or a link) to this forum.

Under CL's leadership selected days per week of training were 'fan free' as well and we raised that issue before.

I'm not too fussed about the training sessions, my issue is with the reserve matches, I just don't see any valid reason why the club wouldn't want fans attending and cheering on the reserve team.

The main reason for this happening is the Premier Reserve League booting us out and we first became aware of this at the Fans Consultative Committee just over a week ago.

We don't like the idea of closed door matches and will be talking to the club about it.

Under CL's leadership selected days per week of training were 'fan free' as well and we raised that issue before.

Don't we still have those 'fan free' training sessions? I thought they were still being used. I was told to leave the training ground once because it was a fan free session but I hadn't even been informed of them at that stage.

FAO The Foxes Trust:

In the absence of TD getting back to Thracian could you possibly raise the issue at the next meeting about FNF returning please?(And if it's already been raised what was said) I have a little girl who's almost three and absolutely loves football, this would be ideal for her. I know they have the under 8's go free incentive but sometimes the 'real' match day experience can be a bit much for very small children. I really think the club are missing an opportunity here and I know it was successful when it was in place at Filbert Street.

Thanks in advance.

FAO The Foxes Trust:

In the absence of TD getting back to Thracian could you possibly raise the issue at the next meeting about FNF returning please?(And if it's already been raised what was said) I have a little girl who's almost three and absolutely loves football, this would be ideal for her. I know they have the under 8's go free incentive but sometimes the 'real' match day experience can be a bit much for very small children. I really think the club are missing an opportunity here and I know it was successful when it was in place at Filbert Street.

Thanks in advance.

14,000 at Filbert Street for an FNF match against Manchester United once I remember. Well that's how many the club said attended anyway.

Perhaps there is a hidden agenda from the PL, but the way we've rolled over is shocking. What's to stop the FL from forming its own reserve league or even the Championship? It's not beyond the wit of man.

Perhaps there is a hidden agenda from the PL, but the way we've rolled over is shocking. What's to stop the FL from forming its own reserve league or even the Championship? It's not beyond the wit of man.

And as you've just proven, it's not beyond the wit of woman either.

So men should have no problem.

*runs*

FAO The Foxes Trust:

Thanks in advance.

Kayteh, firstly thanks for PM'ing us, it's useful when posters do that as we can't be certain to read every post on all the message board.

We will be raising this with the club, there are a number of fans who enjoy going to the reserve games & watching the development of up & coming players.

There is also no doubt that parents prefer to introduce young kids to football initially without facing a 20k plus crowd & the FNF was a good way to do this, get the kids enjoying the experience before moving up to first team games.

Kayteh, firstly thanks for PM'ing us, it's useful when posters do that as we can't be certain to read every post on all the message board.

We will be raising this with the club, there are a number of fans who enjoy going to the reserve games & watching the development of up & coming players.

There is also no doubt that parents prefer to introduce young kids to football initially without facing a 20k plus crowd & the FNF was a good way to do this, get the kids enjoying the experience before moving up to first team games.

Thank you, I await the outcome with interest :thumbup:

Tim Davies replied to me as follows on this subject:

"Will get back to you but not aware the matches will be behind closed doors. Many also come to watch training sessions.

You should be asking premier league why championship clubs have been thrown out ..".

* This sounds as if there are two different messages are coming from the same club it is so even more imperative Foxes Trust ask their questions and try to ensure that the Reserve matches remain open for public viewing.

Tim Davies replied to me as follows on this subject:

"Will get back to you but not aware the matches will be behind closed doors. Many also come to watch training sessions.

You should be asking premier league why championship clubs have been thrown out ..".

* This sounds as if there are two different messages are coming from the same club it is so even more imperative Foxes Trust ask their questions and try to ensure that the Reserve matches remain open for public viewing.

Sounds positive though. Hopefully someone has got their wires crossed, and not Tim

The training ground isn't really suitable for crowds of several hundred to a thousand watching a football game and I'd guess that the matches would be played in the day rather than under floodlights so they're not going to be a great spectator experience. It also allows us to develop some talent without every scout in the world knowing what is going on but that could limit some of the young lads chances of getting international caps.

I don't really care if friendlies are played behind closed doors.

The training ground isn't really suitable for crowds of several hundred to a thousand watching a football game and I'd guess that the matches would be played in the day rather than under floodlights so they're not going to be a great spectator experience. It also allows us to develop some talent without every scout in the world knowing what is going on but that could limit some of the young lads chances of getting international caps.

I don't really care if friendlies are played behind closed doors.

Some people do though :thumbup:

Archived