Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

What's our biggest need?

I'm not particularly interested in specific names, there's a separate thread for that and these things are down to personal inclinations of managers and scouts really. Just wondering what people think our biggest need is?

Personally after watching the Southampton match I think we could do with an entirely new midfield but based on the assumption that Wesolowski and one of Williams or Hughes will do a decent job next season in the middle of the park (big assumption that we won't look to replace Gudjonsson and that Kelly feels Wesolowski is ready to start regularly), then I think our biggest need is a left winger. Welsh hasn't impressed me. It doesn't have to be anyone Ronaldinho-esque (luckily). I just want to see someone (on either wing, really) that can hold the ball up, pass it accurately and generally provide a decent outlet for the defence and central midfield to find when they are in danger of losing the ball.

Agree the midfield needs an overhaul. It was non-existent on Sunday. Again.

I also think we need more defensive cover; it's getting better, but there are still too many times I have no confidence in them.

I also think we need more defensive cover; it's getting better, but there are still too many times I have no confidence in them.

It is worrying.

What makes it a thousand times worse is I can't think of a midfielder (on a free or within our budget) who will be able to really add somthing to our midfield. I can see RK sticking with Tiatto. :cry:

A midfield anchorman is the number one priority in my book (my book is available from all good bookshops).

Even if Tiatto stays, he'll only make guest appearances in between the injuries and suspensions - Wesolowski shouldn't be burdened with the role just yet...hopefully he can play alongside a spanking new midfield ace.

But we've not got any money - so forget everything I've said.

It is worrying.

What makes it a thousand times worse is I can't think of a midfielder (on a free or within our budget) who will be able to really add somthing to our midfield. I can see RK sticking with Tiatto. :cry:

how about andy johnson from WBA good at this level out of contract in the summer?

I still think a keeper is pretty urgent too

how about andy johnson from WBA good at this level out of contract in the summer?

I still think a keeper is pretty urgent too

True we could do with a keeper, We haven't got a consistent one in all 3 of them. Well consistently good i mean :D :D

I think we should just give up and focus on something where the competition just isn't so good or rich. Like Speedway. With LCFCs money we could wipe the floor with some other Speedway wankers. I include Coventry in that. Wankers.

I think we should just give up and focus on something where the competition just isn't so good or rich. Like Speedway. With LCFCs mone we could wipe the floor with some other Speedway wankers. I include Coventry in that. Wankers.

What about wakeboarding?

Our midfield really worries me sometimes. Williams, has his moments but on the whole either isn't good enough or doesn't try hard enough. Hughes hasn't yet convinced me that he is ever going to be anything more than an average Championship player. Tiatto, puts in effort, which is noce, but gives away too many silly free kicks in dangerous areas and just doesn't really do a lot. I don't want to see Welsh signed, unless his positioning and runs can be much imporved over the summer.

So that leaves Weso, a young player with two broken legs in one season - we can't expect too much from him next season. And Maybury, who I feel has done quite well since playing on the right and his partnership with Stearman down that side could prove fruitful.

Archived