Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City_4_Life

Nominations for annual awards.

Nominations

They all seem to be alright.

Joey is probably going to win best goal and player of the season, but i think McCarthy should of been up for player of the aswell.Also good to see Stearman nominated for a couple of awards.

he is up for players player :thumbup:

lol Wait a minute who picks these nominations?

LCFC vs. Sheff Utd. (4-2) is not up for performance of the season (instead Crystal Palace at home is :S)

Goal of the season - well I guess you cant comment on the nominations because there is only one winner lol

Agree with everything else though :)

lol Wait a minute who picks these nominations?

LCFC vs. Sheff Utd. (4-2) is not up for performance of the season (instead Crystal Palace at home is :S)

i thought this - surely against palace we werent that good? or is it just cos its fresh in the memory as we were on sky? against sheff utd we were awesome

i thought this - surely against palace we werent that good? or is it just cos its fresh in the memory as we were on sky? against sheff utd we were awesome

yer probably,palace did outplay us for most of second half but sheffield game was great performance :thumbup:

spurs game will win that award surely

Awards Night Results

Parting midfielder Joey Gudjonsson was given the perfect send off when he swept the board at the 2005-06 Annual Players Awards on Tuesday evening.

Gudjonsson, who leaves the Foxes in the close season to join Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, picked up the awards for Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Goal of the Season at the gala dinner event.

Elsewhere, young striker Louis Dodds won the Academy Player of the Season award following a productive campaign at both youth and reserve level, while City's 3-2 victory over QPR in January was adjudged to be the Team Performance of the Season.

Nearly 400 people, including the entire senior playing squad, attended the event, which was held within the Great Hall at the Walkers Stadium.

Winners in full:

Academy Player of the Season (sponsored by AWD Home Finance)

Nominations:

Levi Porter

Andy King

Louis Dodds

Winner: Louis Dodds

Team Performance of the Season (sponsored by Alliance & Leicester)

Nominations:

Tottenham Hotspur (H) FA Cup Third Round January 8

Crystal Palace (H) Championship April 7

QPR (A) Championship January 31

Winner: QPR

Goal of the Season (sponsored by Smirnoff)

Nominations:

Joey Gudjonsson v Stoke City (A) December 9

Richard Stearman v Sheffield Wednesday (A) January 14

Joey Gudjonsson v Hull City (H) March 4

Winner: Joey Gudjonsson v Hull

Players' Player of the Season (sponsored by Carpet Cuts)

Nominations:

Paddy McCarthy

Joey Gudjonsson

Richard Stearman

Winner: Joey Gudjonsson

Player of the Season (sponsored by Marston's Smooth)

Nominations:

Joey Gudjonsson

Richard Stearman

Iain Hume

Winner: Joey Gudjonsson

There was also a special Long Service award presented to City steward Albert Tench on the evening. Albert began working for the club in 1947 and is currently a steward on the N19 exit gate.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~824629,00.html

Bit surprised by the QPR game, but otherwise as expected.

Andy King was nominated for young player of the year, what do those who've seen him think of him?

not sure about the performance of the season though....fair enough QPR was the begining of the revival, but surely spurs win was better!

I look at it this way ...

Tottenham was a great game. We caused a major upset in the FA cup. That doesn't mean it's the performance of the season. There was little pressure on the team, though.

QPR was very different. Staring relegation in the face, and having just sacked the manager - the pressure was on. The team had to perform to drag themselves out of the mire. The team got stuck in, and pulled out a result against QPR - one of the most physical teams in the league, at a vital time.

For me, QPR was the performance of the season. When we needed the players to get stuck in and pull out a result, they did. It wasn't as glorious as beating Tottenham but it was infinitely more important.

Good result and good performance are not always the same thing.

i think joey will be back. he'll be sitting on the bench more often than not at AZ.

I doubt it. Someone will be prepared to pay him more and that's all he's interested in.

Understandable but let's not pretend that he's the loyal type.

Bit surprised by the QPR game, but otherwise as expected.

Andy King was nominated for young player of the year, what do those who've seen him think of him?

I've seen King a few times and he looks quite talented. He has had a very good season for the academy as he's been the midfield linchpin and scored a fair few goals aswell. Far too early to tell whether he'll make it or not, but he does deserve the nomination. Surprised Chambers wasn't nominated but I bet the club are trying to keep him under wraps. Wesolowski wasn't even nominated last season, so it doesn't mean much.

I doubt it. Someone will be prepared to pay him more and that's all he's interested in.

Understandable but let's not pretend that he's the loyal type.

Not sure he has been disloyal either.

He said when he collected his awards that he expected to be here longer. I suspect that the club could not pay him enough or offer him extended terms. The players voted him as their player of the year, that can't go to anyone who doesn't give his all. They were all hugging him at the end of the night too.

Rob also said last night that he had been a model professional and had given his all after he had found out he had announced he was going. Don't forget that he would have started looking elsewhere whilst Levein was in charge and we were sinking fast.

I wish the guy well.

Archived