Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Taylor for Charlton

From the BBC gossip column

Hull boss Peter Taylor is the latest to be linked with the managerial vacancy at Charlton. (Daily Mail)

I know the Mail is full for **it but God help Carlton if its true.

Guest Gist

That would be a big mistake after all them years of Curbishley doing a great job at Charlton.

Well Taylor has actually done OK at Hull,I think he is a half decent championship manager but must be kept out of the top flight.I was horrified to see him linked with the England job months back,he would have been even worse than McClaren!

Charlton are a decent family club and certainly don't deserve Taylor

Chelsea on the other hand would be the perfect club for him - He's probably the only manager who could bankrupt Abramovich

Just think how much akinbiyi is worth in Taylor's eyes now

Charlton are a decent family club and certainly don't deserve Taylor

Chelsea on the other hand would be the perfect club for him - He's probably the only manager who could bankrupt Abramovich

Just think how much akinbiyi is worth in Taylor's eyes now

If he had Chelski's transfer kitty on hand, Akinbadbuy would be bought for a princely sum of £30m.

Still, better value than Drogba, I imagine :cool:

Well Taylor has actually done OK at Hull,I think he is a half decent championship manager but must be kept out of the top flight.

Maybe the trees could take him on. :devil:

Than there'd be NO danger of him reaching the top flight! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Charlton have just been given permission to speak to Taylor by Hull

The board at Charlton must be out of their minds. His premiership record is really quite poor.

Part of me wants Taylor to join Charlton and make them plummet towards relegation so that his reputation is wrecked.

On the other hand I don't really want Charlton to get relegated, yet - there's a few sides I think are in more urgent need of removal from the premiership - Aston Villa & Portsmouth come to mind :smile:

7/4 on he'll take them down. Post-O'Neill, post-Curbishley. End of an empire (of sorts), fall of an empire.

Get on now!

Have Charlton forgotten just how poor he was during his time with us? :rolleyes:

Get on now!

Have Charlton forgotten just how poor he was during his time with us? :rolleyes:

Clearly they weren't paying any attention to us at the time :o

In all fairness, Taylor's record isn't bad overall - but that doesn't hide from the fact that his Premiership record is really woeful.

If Charlton appoint him and he fails to make a positive impact, the Charlton board will lose all credibility.

Archived