Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

England squad

England squad:

Paul Robinson (Tottenham), David James (Manchester City), Robert Green (Norwich); Gary Neville (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea); David Beckham (Real Madrid), Michael Carrick (Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham); Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Stand-by: Scott Carson (Liverpool), Luke Young (Charlton), Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace).

:blink::thumbup:

On the other hand Three Arsenal players, so much for no British players <_<

Yeah the only three they've got in the first team squad.

Dire squad, Why oh why is Hargreaves in there??? No SWP??? and i can't see many defences quaking in their boots at our front 2.

Dire squad, Why oh why is Hargreaves in there??? No SWP??? and i can't see many defences quaking in their boots at our front 2.

Hargreaves is s**t, SWP has played s**t this season and deserves to be out. Bent should be there instead of Walcott, with Walcott moving to stand by instead of Johnson!!! :angry:

If rooney doesn't make it we won't have a front two... we'll have a chelsea formation or Gerrard playing off owen IMO.

I think it's an exciting squad except for hargreaves. Gives us loads of options with formations than if we had bent, defoe, crouch and owen.

His squad has suprised me, and I do think there should be another striker in there, but i reckon he is taking a massive gamble that WILL pay off. I just have a feeling. It looks as though the team will be based around an all dominant midfield, with not too much emphais to begin with on strikers. This could work.

Just got back and heard this. Surprising to say the least.

Walcott hasn't even made a Premiership appearance yet, and he wasn't as amazing as made out in the CCC. He has great potential but he's not ready yet IMO.

Pretty much means that it'll be Owen and Crouch starting. Defoe should be there instead of Walcott and Darren Bent should be on stand-by.

Good to see Lennon and Downing there though.

If he's taking Walcott then he should take 5 strikers because that front line looks very worrying.

Owen and Rooney are injured, Owen will probably play but won't have much sharpness, Crouch is only good for bringing on is the later stages and as said Walcott is untested! The idea of taking Walcott is actually quite interesting, but Defoe or Bent should be there with them.

If he's taking Walcott then he should take 5 strikers because that front line looks very worrying.

Owen and Rooney are injured, Owen will probably play but won't have much sharpness, Crouch is only good for bringing on is the later stages and as said Walcott is untested! The idea of taking Walcott is actually quite interesting, but Defoe or Bent should be there with them.

agreed.. reading on sky it sounds like cole could be playing as a striker according to sven!

Is it me or has Sven decided to to make a massive gamble for the first time in his life? Walcott and Lennon are fantastic prospects who are fearless and many countries won't have ever seen them play but is it a massive gamble instead of tried and tested players like SWP and Defoe?

Well upset that Bent has been left out. Had the season of his life and isn't even on stand-by, yet Andy Johnson who had a similar season to Bent last season yet scored alot of penalties has been put on stand-by after a mediocre season in the championship. Baffling.

Stewart Downing hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was last season, shocked he's been included even if he is a left winger and we are struggling in that department.

I cannot believe that we could be going to the World Cup with just one out and out striker who's fit and he's a laughing stock in football - Peter Crouch.

Massive mistake not taking Bent, I thought he was destined for a good World Cup given the chance.

Archived