Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
12FRYATT

Louis dodds

yeh cheers i thought so. has he got an older brother though who also played for ratby? i remember watching a dodds play a few times, but it may not be louis.

He's got an older brother but i'm not sure if he played for Ratby or not. I'd guess at yes though.

Whoever was playing right wing for leicester cannot shoot.

Dodds looked very composed i front of goal and seem to be a good finisher. Which is good to have when we have creators in hume and fryatt.

I say give dodds the nod ahead of O'Grady.

Gradel couldn't shoot last night but scored in six out of seven games in a recent spell - not bad for a winger. O'Grady scored four in one of his last reserve matches and looked very impressive towards the end of the season. The obvious place for Dodds to try and fill is Hammond's on the bench.

there were no cancelled goals....no need for video anyway no1 sent me the video..

".., the visitors thought they had pulled level ten minutes later, but had their strike ruled out for a foul following a good save from Alex Cisak."

from the official website

But I guess you know more about what happened than the reporter :)

To be honest, I have seen a few clips of Louis Dodds now and his reputation at the lower levels must be leaving an impression with people at the club. He did well to pick up Academy player of the year amongst stiff opposition.

Depending on the transfer activity this summer and the whereabouts of where DeVries, Hammond, Hume, Fryatt end up will determine how much of a part Louis plays next year.

I cant see him getting much of a look in but he may be farmed out to a League 1 or 2 side to get some experience.

If he learns like Chris O'Grady did he could be a handy City player for years to come!

Realistically to get the best out of Dodds he has got to go on loan next season atleast for part of it because now we are not in a reserve league he's not going to play that much football as he will be too old to play for the academy next season as he'll be 20. The same for Porter aswell I think? Might be wrong about Porter, but Dodds is getting to the age where he's too old for the youths.

We'll still have reserve games arranged, but it's time he was out in the lower league making a name for himself so that it can convince Kelly to give him a chance or get rid if he doesn't succeed on loan. I've never known a striker score so many goals as a kid and not get a chance at a club the size of Leicester, he has regularly scored more goals than both Wright and O'Grady at youth and reserve level and both of them got a chance in some capacity in the first team for us. I hope he impresses in pre-season and Kelly chooses him as our fourth striker, we can then get rid of Hammond and use his wages to sign a player in a different position.

Realistically to get the best out of Dodds he has got to go on loan next season atleast for part of it because now we are not in a reserve league he's not going to play that much football as he will be too old to play for the academy next season as he'll be 20. The same for Porter aswell I think? Might be wrong about Porter, but Dodds is getting to the age where he's too old for the youths.

We'll still have reserve games arranged, but it's time he was out in the lower league making a name for himself so that it can convince Kelly to give him a chance or get rid if he doesn't succeed on loan. I've never known a striker score so many goals as a kid and not get a chance at a club the size of Leicester, he has regularly scored more goals than both Wright and O'Grady at youth and reserve level and both of them got a chance in some capacity in the first team for us. I hope he impresses in pre-season and Kelly chooses him as our fourth striker, we can then get rid of Hammond and use his wages to sign a player in a different position.

You may be right but what I still cannot understand is why it seems so much harder for Academy players to convince management than people like Hammond. If Hammond ever scored anything like as many goals as Dodds, in any grade of football, we'd all be raving about him. Familiarity breeds contempt I suppose.

And why not compare Levi's statistics with Sylla. Number of touches, number of assists, number of shots, distance covered in a game etc. It would be embarrassing.

The big dangers with sending people out on loan is that a) they feel more appreciated at their new club and want to stay plus b) their mother club gets an alternative in, often not as good, and you fall down the pecking order still further.

You touched on another important point - you hope Dodds impresses in close season.

A problem with Dodds is he doesn't impress as such. You never really notice him in general play - he just does simple things safely, effectively but inconspicuously. You only notice him when he scores and so often the goals are unspectacular or subtle. He's never wham, bang.

To impress at Leicester you have to race around like an idiot and tackle back til you're knackered. The fact that you cannot pass, shoot, beat a man or cross doesn't really seem to matter. Hammond looks forever active - and he is - but he never achieves anything yet he has played umpteen times.

Others, particularly in midfield, are the same - they do little in a footballing sense but they hurry and scurry, puff and pant and look busy. In they go. Goals scored hardly any, goals made hardly any. In you go, pal. We need experience and the Dodds and Porters don't have any because we don't pick em.

I wonder if management have ever though about this... if we didn't give the ball away so easily we wouldn't have to race about so much getting it back. Arsenal and the United of old seem to appreciate that and build two of the best teams ever on the back of it.

Striker-wise Jimmy Greaves and Allen Clarke did sod-all until they were near the penalty area and I doubt either would get picked at Leicester now - or Lineker for that matter.

Too much brain and not enough sweat.

You may be right but what I still cannot understand is why it seems so much harder for Academy players to convince management than people like Hammond. If Hammond ever scored anything like as many goals as Dodds, in any grade of football, we'd all be raving about him. Familiarity breeds contempt I suppose.

The big dangers with sending people out on loan is that a) they feel more appreciated at their new club and want to stay plus b) their mother club gets an alternative in, often not as good, and you fall down the pecking order still further.

You touched on another important point - you hope Dodds impresses in close season.

A problem with Dodds is he doesn't impress as such. You never really notice him in general play - he just does simple things safely, effectively but inconspicuously. You only notice him when he scores and so often the goals are unspectacular or subtle. He's never wham, bang.

To impress at Leicester you have to race around like an idiot and tackle back. The fact that you cannot pass, shoot, beat a man or cross doesn't really seem to matter. Hammond looks forever active - and he is - but he never achieves anything yet he has played umpteen times.

Others, particularly in midfield, are the same - they do little in a footballing sense but they hurry and scurry, puff and pant and look busy. In they go. Goals scored hardly any, goals made hardly any. In you go, pal. We need experience and the Dodds and Porters don't have any because we don't pick em.

Jimmy Greaves and Allen Clarke did sod-all until they were near the penalty area and I doubt either would get picked at Leicester now - or Lineker for that matter.

Isn't that the way in any business, the young up coming ones struggle to get a look in, you then have people buzzing around with untidy desks, mouthing off about how overloaded with work they are and yet appear to achieve nothing. You then get someone, like me :P , who is methodical, quick, tidy and organised gets the job done has a clear desk every night and people think you've done FA.

Then to top it all off when they want to find out what's not working they pay some consultant, who knows nothing about the business, the realities of working at the coal face and fire fighting £1000s to come in and tell everyone what's wrong, when we already know. They then come up with some stupid cock-eyed, conplicated solution that usually means getting rid of people, usually me :P set it in motion, take the money, whilst it all collapses behind them.

Isn't that the way in any business, the young up coming ones struggle to get a look in, you then have people buzzing around with untidy desks, mouthing off about how overloaded with work they are and yet appear to achieve nothing. You then get someone, like me :P , who is methodical, quick, tidy and organised gets the job done has a clear desk every night and people think you've done FA.

Then to top it all off when they want to find out what's not working they pay some consultant, who knows nothing about the business, the realities of working at the coal face and fire fighting £1000s to come in and tell everyone what's wrong, when we already know. They then come up with some stupid cock-eyed, conplicated solution that usually means getting rid of people, usually me :P set it in motion, take the money, whilst it all collapses behind them.

Look at Mickelson and Ernie Els on a golf course. Cruyff, Bobby Moore, and Henry on a football field. Graceful and thoughtful.

I've always said DavieG....the truly great make it all look easy. :thumbup::thumbup:

And why not compare Levi's statistics with Sylla. Number of touches, number of assists, number of shots, distance covered in a game etc. It would be embarrassing.

To impress at Leicester you have to race around like an idiot and tackle back til you're knackered. The fact that you cannot pass, shoot, beat a man or cross doesn't really seem to matter. Hammond looks forever active - and he is - but he never achieves anything yet he has played umpteen times.

I wonder if management have ever though about this... if we didn't give the ball away so easily we wouldn't have to race about so much getting it back. Arsenal and the United of old seem to appreciate that and build two of the best teams ever on the back of it.

Striker-wise Jimmy Greaves and Allen Clarke did sod-all until they were near the penalty area and I doubt either would get picked at Leicester now - or Lineker for that matter.

Very sensible post and it saddens me to a degree. Lee Tomlin looks as if he's a good young talent, we let him go. We passed up Paul Anderson (possibly a future England winger) and Kirkland. We can't allow this to go on. Leicester City as a football club must get their act together about this subject; it may be an idea to post that to Tim Davies, so the club are aware of how the fans feel. Letting go promising youngsters like Dodds, Porter, Gradel etc and using Hammond, Sylla, Hammill and co is never going to get us anywhere.

did dodds use to play for Ratby?

yer ratby/groby and groby college as did Ricky Muggleton and Aaron Butcher, let's hope louis stays tho

He's got an older and a younger brother i think who is still at groby year or so below me - think his older brother is going into teaching or something as he's helping out at our college or at least he was so not as much into football. His younger brother plays a fair bit though i think.

I'd prefer him to be loaned out for at elast half of next season as to gradually come up to speed with the leagues rather than thrown straight in at the deepend, have one bad first game and then be told he's not good enough/shipped off.

Hazza, did you go to Groby college?

Thracian lived in my current village :o hope pessimism isn't in the local water :P:thumbup:

yer ratby/groby and groby college as did Ricky Muggleton and Aaron Butcher, let's hope louis stays tho

He's got an older and a younger brother i think who is still at groby year or so below me - think his older brother is going into teaching or something as he's helping out at our college or at least he was so not as much into football. His younger brother plays a fair bit though i think.

I'd prefer him to be loaned out for at elast half of next season as to gradually come up to speed with the leagues rather than thrown straight in at the deepend, have one bad first game and then be told he's not good enough/shipped off.

Thracian lived in my current village :o hope pessimism isn't in the local water :P:thumbup:

I'm no pessimist. Having been 50 years a fan I think I'm the eternal frustrated optimist. One day I truly believe this club will see the light in which they once bathed so successfully and rediscover its source.

Can somebody please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PM the highlights of this game .i'd like 2 have gone to the game but was working away so couldn't!!

I go, infact I am there right now

Yeah i was there for a few years, left in 2004.

I remember playing football one time and the ball got kicked off our pitch to Aaron Butcher and about 10 people tried to tackle him but couldn't, he had amazing skill.

I see Tom, Louis' older brother, around Groby a fair bit. I am pretty sure he played for Ratby & Groby now that i think about it, i'm sure he played for Brookvale's teams. As for Louis, i'd give him more of a chance in the pre-season games and then see how it goes, a bit like the situation with Wesolowski last summer. Although i haven't seen him play since the college days i think he'll do well judging by his scoring record and comments from Thracian, Ric Flair et al on here.

Yeah i was there for a few years, left in 2004.

I remember playing football one time and the ball got kicked off our pitch to Aaron Butcher and about 10 people tried to tackle him but couldn't, he had amazing skill.

I see Tom, Louis' older brother, around Groby a fair bit. I am pretty sure he played for Ratby & Groby now that i think about it, i'm sure he played for Brookvale's teams. As for Louis, i'd give him more of a chance in the pre-season games and then see how it goes, a bit like the situation with Wesolowski last summer. Although i haven't seen him play since the college days i think he'll do well judging by his scoring record and comments from Thracian, Ric Flair et al on here.

Sorry to go off topic but do you remember a teacher called Mrs Maddocks teaching there? Maths teacher? She's my mates mum and now works at my college but apparently she used to teach at Louis Dodds school which it seems is the same as yours.

I think that increasingly we are going to have to rely on our academy and start trying to bring players through!

We spent over £300,000 on Elvis, which when you compare him to what we had in O'grady is outrageous! Why not slowly introduce the likes of Dodds and O'grady, and when he is ready Chambers and see what it brings us!

For certain we do need backup for Hume and Fryatt though. If anything (touching wood) happens to either of them we might be in a bit of trouble.

Archived