Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Sheehan

We need 2 new wingers for us to have any sort of success next season. Currently we've two out and out wingers in the first team squad, Sylla and Hamill, which are at best League 2 standard. So they are out of the equation. He needs to start playing Gradel from the off in pre season games, that'll result in the right side being strengthened, at least. He probably won't go for that because it may be seem the sensible option in his eyes, therefore he must go out and sign 2 out and out wingers, as well as a central midfielder cause the midfield is shocking at the moment.

One thing I believe, is if we start next season with Maybury as a right winger, Kelly lacks the ideas required at this level. If we're not careful we're going to be in this league a very very long time as we've spent most of our money getting this group of talented young players together. If we fail again next season, they won't all be around come the start of the following season. Rob has a great bunch of young players now to build this team around, Fryatt, McCarthy, Weso, Stearman, Hume, Chambers, Sheehan... to name a few, who could ask for more? But I have my doubts about Kelly, will he get us what is needed?

Next season is such an important one.

I've got my tin hat.

Fupp me, someone mentioned he'd got a weakness. :o:devil::o

Pah how dare they.

Sheehan is a lad who needs suppourt, he's is the only natural attacking left back we have at this club, his ellegance and agilty is something to behold in aure. His skill and naturle abilty is nothing short of breathtakeing. And most importantly of all, he's better then Danny Tiatto and Momo Sylla!

However do not be fooled into thinking Sheehan can play Left wing no no no no no no! How are we suppouse to field XI attacking players if our only attacking left back is playing left wing. <_< My word. This would lead to a a defender who can actually.... (well) defend, playing! Negative football is not something I want to see at this club. in the 60's we didnt even bother with defenders you know!

moveing off subject I have had a thought, due to the lack luster performances by Rab Douglas and Paul Henderson this season I feel a goalkeeper is needed, the weakness's that lie within in the squad can quite blatently be traced back to our lack of attacking creative players. A attacking goal keeper is the answer. Jose Luis Chilavert would make a excellent adition, he can score goals, has excellent delivery from free kicks and adds an extra aerial threat at last minute corners.

oh wait He's nearly 40 what am I thinking, he's son 16 why don't we sign him!

.... :P

A attacking goal keeper is the answer. Jose Luis Chilavert would make a excellent adition, he can score goals, has excellent delivery from free kicks and adds an extra aerial threat at last minute corners.

.... :P

Top Idea

Come on FT, show us your worth. Push the club hard on this.

[couldnt be bothered to read all the posts so not sure if anyone has said it

but i think we need to send him out on loan so that he gets so experience under his belt, its clearly done o'grady and logan good so i say do the same with sheehan

[couldnt be bothered to read all the posts so not sure if anyone has said it

but i think we need to send him out on loan so that he gets so experience under his belt, its clearly done o'grady and logan good so i say do the same with sheehan

I think the Rob will be reluctant to send him on loan due to the size of our squad at the moment. Logan was third choice 'keeper when we sent him on loan last season and O'Grady was last in the queue behind de Vries, Connolly/Hume, Hammond, possibly Tommy Wright too at the start of the season although Wright was loaned out too and there may have been others at the start of the season that I've forgotten. I think Sheehan is not far away from being involved with our first team already and we can't afford to loan him out in case we're hit by injuries at the back.

I think the Rob will be reluctant to send him on loan due to the size of our squad at the moment. Logan was third choice 'keeper when we sent him on loan last season and O'Grady was last in the queue behind de Vries, Connolly/Hume, Hammond, possibly Tommy Wright too at the start of the season although Wright was loaned out too and there may have been others at the start of the season that I've forgotten. I think Sheehan is not far away from being involved with our first team already and we can't afford to loan him out in case we're hit by injuries at the back.

If we're in for the two defenders we're rumoured to be shopping for, Sheehan will be loaned out as we should have adequate cover. If the worst comes to the worst, send him out from September to the end of December, with the option to recall him anytime after the first month - a bit like the loan deal we had with Welsh from Blunderland.

If we're in for the two defenders we're rumoured to be shopping for, Sheehan will be loaned out as we should have adequate cover. If the worst comes to the worst, send him out from September to the end of December, with the option to recall him anytime after the first month - a bit like the loan deal we had with Welsh from Blunderland.

But at the moment I think we'd be wary of letting him go. We've got Johansson who isn't a natural but did a decent job at the end of last season, Maybury who really isn't the best at left back and Tiatto can play there if need be but we don't know whether he'll still be here next season or not. I really can't see us signing two defenders. Possibly one but that sounds like it's going to be a centre back. It all depends who we bring in, if we bring anyone in, and the injury situation after the first souple of weeks of pre-season.

I think the best thing Sheehan can do is leave, for his own good.

The same goes for Porter and Dodds.

Such a waste of great potential though. I'd love to see all three feature at some point during the season.

What reserves? I don't think we should let them go unless on loan.

Please. They will sort something out with the rest of the local teams who have been kicked out of the reserve league due to them not being in the prem. There is enough non prem midlands teams around at the minute to make two leagues never mind one FFS.

And I thought you and Jason would be pleased! :whistle::whistle:

Pleased about what? Having them leave? of course not, behave and act your age. I just think its abit early to have them in the first team. I'm not going to have this discussion again I get the impression it bores 98% of the people on this board. Which is probabley why you should find something else to talk about! :smile:

If players are good enough they will play, like stearman. Unless we have a great side, which we don't yet!

They might not be ready, let just hope they prgress but while they are not ready just get behind the boys playing!!!

Please. They will sort something out with the rest of the local teams who have been kicked out of the reserve league due to them not being in the prem. There is enough non prem midlands teams around at the minute to make two leagues never mind one FFS.

Oh well that's ok then, what was i worried about? :whistle:

Archived