Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Sheehan

Thinking on our left sided problem that we've had for age now. Do you reckon that sheehan could play left midfield. He has a quality left foot, and it might take a bit of pressure off him if he was further up the park.

Thinking on our left sided problem that we've had for age now. Do you reckon that sheehan could play left midfield. He has a quality left foot, and it might take a bit of pressure off him if he was further up the park.

Why not try him as wing back, 3 centre backs McCarthy Kisnorbo Johansson, Sheehan and Starman as wingbacks. :thumbup:

Why not try him as wing back, 3 centre backs McCarthy Kisnorbo Johansson, Sheehan and Starman as wingbacks. :thumbup:

I know he's good but don't put that much pressure on the lad :)

Not sure about playing him left midfield but I'd like to see a bit more of him next season in and around the first team squad. I've seen him on a few occasions now and he's quite confident on the ball which could be useful for us. Let's hope this season has been a one off for him and he'll have an injury free season next time to make an impact.

I've spoken about this in my llocal. I reckon he'd be a big asset in the first team. I've also said he should play left mid as his defending sometimes lets him down.

I also called for Maybury to be put right mid and have Stearman behind him.

Isn't he a converted centre back who only started playing on the left because we didn't have enough cover there? We actually do need to sign at least 1 naturally left sided player.

Isn't he a converted centre back who only started playing on the left because we didn't have enough cover there? We actually do need to sign at least 1 naturally left sided player.

I wasn't aware of that, mind you at a young age you somtimes don't find out exactly what your natural position is until you fully mature, as you cannot tell how the body will develop.

Sorry I completely disagree - you are talking about an untested youngster playing in a position he hasn't played before, for the first team? Sounds very Leveinish.

Excuse me, what about Stearman??? Let me see, he was untested, he was a youngster, he was playing in a position he'd never played before, and oh yes played for the first team. What a disaster he had last season.

I did not say that I would do it, I just wondered what people thought?? He is the best ball deliverer we have in the squad, he would be an assett for free kicks and corners as well as the crosses he could put in from open play.

And as for a leveinish idea, if you were in charge of Arsenal, A Mr Henry would still be rotting in the reserves playing left midfield for Juve.

Think out of the box, not just in it!

Sorry I completely disagree - you are talking about an untested youngster playing in a position he hasn't played before, for the first team? Sounds very Leveinish.

I'm thinking more Erikssony!!

But TBH I agree with the first point!!

Not sure about playing him left midfield but I'd like to see a bit more of him next season in and around the first team squad. I've seen him on a few occasions now and he's quite confident on the ball which could be useful for us. Let's hope this season has been a one off for him and he'll have an injury free season next time to make an impact.

Agreed.

Bareth - Sheehan did used to play at centre half sometimes for the youth team but as you are probably aware alot of the players are played in various positions in the academy. I think it's something to do with aiding their development, Stearman was played almost everywhere especially centre mid and centre half. Sheehan was given academy player of the year playing at left back and I think that's his best position, he has looked solid at centre half in the reserve games i've seen him in though.

Agreed.

Bareth - Sheehan did used to play at centre half sometimes for the youth team but as you are probably aware alot of the players are played in various positions in the academy. I think it's something to do with aiding their development, Stearman was played almost everywhere especially centre mid and centre half. Sheehan was given academy player of the year playing at left back and I think that's his best position, he has looked solid at centre half in the reserve games i've seen him in though.

I know that he was academy player of the year but is he a natural left back? We have several players who have played right or left back but these aren't their best positions.

I personally think he needs a loan spell at a lower league team, this is a major part of most players development but some people on here seem to think that they aren't needed.

Academy players generally play every postion on the pitch bar goalkepper at some point. Its based on the total football logic developed by Ajax. I don't doubt that Sheehan may have started as a centre half. His natural attacking instinct suit him more to a full back/wide midfield player.

I know that he was academy player of the year but is he a natural left back? We have several players who have played right or left back but these aren't their best positions.

I personally think he needs a loan spell at a lower league team, this is a major part of most players development but some people on here seem to think that they aren't needed.

I think he's a natural left back or as natural as can be expected of a player. Got a great left foot on him and he's good going forward. I was all for him getting first team football at Leicester this season just gone but if he's not going to get it then he needs to go on loan. Nissa hasn't put a foot wrong defensively under Kelly and going forward although he isn't that mobile he's actually improved on that aswell. I'd still prefer a natural left back to play there and i'd eventually like it to be Sheehan but Nissa deserves to keep his place and therefore i'd loan Sheehan out for 3 months next season or even just a month. I suppose it all depends on the pre-season these players have. Sheehan hasn't looked the player he was since he came back from injury but a good pre-season and he could be in with a chance.

Looks like he may lack a yard of pace?

but not seen him too much, but the times i have that was my impression.

Seriously though, what other options do we have??

Even if twatto does sign another contract (don't think he will), I wouldn't play him full stop.

Hughes, at mo, with lack of cover in center midfield, may be starting there, and it seems to be his least favorite position. Hamil - no thanks, Sylla? Right sided I know but could do a job.

We are very short on the left, why not get Sheehan in, might be worth a gamble, especially if we don't sign someone.

Seriously though, what other options do we have??

Even if twatto does sign another contract (don't think he will), I wouldn't play him full stop.

Hughes, at mo, with lack of cover in center midfield, may be starting there, and it seems to be his least favorite position. Hamil - no thanks, Sylla? Right sided I know but could do a job.

We are very short on the left, why not get Sheehan in, might be worth a gamble, especially if we don't sign someone.

Think he should play in his proper position, if player not fair on the lad to not be comfortable. Think the wings are an area we need to sign someone.

Is Porter more of an answer on the left wing than Sheehan in regards youth players?

Think he should play in his proper position, if player not fair on the lad to not be comfortable. Think the wings are an area we need to sign someone.

Is Porter more of an answer on the left wing than Sheehan in regards youth players?

I like speak good english!!! :whistle:

Archived