Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Foxes Trust

You're missing what I said. The logic is flawed because it ignores the larger risk of investing in ourselves, as oppose to an undervalued asset who already has access to these Premiership funds.

The perspective that both you and the foxes trust have is based on the assumption that we will be back in the premiership within 2-5 years. I definitely hope so, but if not, then an investment under this logic will have proved extremel risky and would not have realised any profit for the investor.

Not disagreeing, but even an "undervalued asset who already has access to these Premiership funds" could get relegated despite a futher influx of funds and could carry the additional weight of having overpaid players on long contracts.

The bottom line is that football is not a logical place to invest in if all you're after is a financial return. I suspect 'Power' comes well up the list for so called investors and clouds the issue significantly.

The bottom line is that football is not a logical place to invest in if all you're after is a financial return.

why? professional football is a business like any other. the chap who's took over at villa will could, and no doubt will make loads via mon. prior to mon coming here, we had next to nothing to spend, when he left we spent, sorry wasted millions. when mon leaves villa, the current owner should sell up to establish his profit.

if the corner shop does you a great deal, and one day the owner decides to sellout, why should he consult anyone but his banker. its about time football fans realised what their role in being a fan is all about, consumerism and little else. its the role of a football fan to support with as much money as he/she can for the players and shareholders.

why? professional football is a business like any other. the chap who's took over at villa will could, and no doubt will make loads via mon. prior to mon coming here, we had next to nothing to spend, when he left we spent, sorry wasted millions. when mon leaves villa, the current owner should sell up to establish his profit.

if the corner shop does you a great deal, and one day the owner decides to sellout, why should he consult anyone but his banker. its about time football fans realised what their role in being a fan is all about, consumerism and little else. its the role of a football fan to support with as much money as he/she can for the players and shareholders.

Logical, because there are many better options, because very few of them actually make a real profit over a longer term, big turnover but not profit. It's a big risk that only people with sufficient money to risk will want to follow, I'm not saying they wont or don't, I'm just emphasising that power and influence is also a major reason.

• 1 month later...

Foxes Trust

Can we please stick to press releases on the front page of the website from now-on? Can the website be update on an ongoing basis and (in line with Davie G's request) can you please stop alluding to aspects of the bid in this and related threads?

Would you please explain to me how sitting as an observer in board meetings helps the Trust & City fans seeing as you seem unable to communicate its contents nor have a vote? Can you help me to understand how you can affect board decisions if you are unable to bring any pressure to bear?

Thanks.

Foxes Trust ~ A second request.

Can we please stick to press releases on the front page of the website from now-on? Can the website be update on an ongoing basis and (in line with Davie G's request) can you please stop alluding to aspects of the bid in this and related threads?

Would you please explain to me how sitting as an observer in board meetings helps the Trust & City fans seeing as you seem unable to communicate its contents nor have a vote? Can you help me to understand how you can affect board decisions if you are unable to bring any pressure to bear?

Thanks.

Not much for me to say other then that I think they have been very unproffessional making comments on public forums and such and not keeping things in house to their members.

The foxes trust should have no view on values of shares on sale whats much more important is what the club itself gets out of such a deal.

Fundamental Point: If 20 Plumbing business are run well they can all achieve success. If the 20 Premiership Clubs are all run well, 3 will still be deemed failures, and many others to be underachieveing. It's the nature of Football, and it's makes it different to any other non-sport business out there.

Not much for me to say other then that I think they have been very unproffessional making comments on public forums and such and not keeping things in house to their members.

The foxes trust should have no view on values of shares on sale whats much more important is what the club itself gets out of such a deal.

Heaven forbid that the largest organised supporters' group should dare to take a view on the ownership of the club..

Heaven forbid that the largest organised supporters' group should dare to take a view on the ownership of the club..

No one suggested they shouldn't.

Do you really lack the ability to understand what others are saying or is it a deliberate tactic?

So argumentative.

Such a cu nt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foxes Trust ~ A third request.

Thanks.

DB

I'm beginning to suspect I'm not going to get a reply to this. :rolleyes:

Are there any other FT members that post here who are fed up with the lack of representation and information?

If it's just me then I will shut up, but otherwise I am seriously considering calling for a motion of no confidence in the Trust exectutive.

Are there any other FT members that post here who are fed up with the lack of representation and information?

If it's just me then I will shut up, but otherwise I am seriously considering calling for a motion of no confidence in the Trust exectutive.

Well I've just about made up my mind to not renew my membership.

I'm more than pissed off with them, the final straw being them suggesting that I should go around posting my comments on other forums when they have singularly failed to update their website.

Well I've just about made up my mind to not renew my membership.

I'm more than pissed off with them, the final straw being them suggesting that I should go around posting my comments on other forums when they have singularly failed to update their website.

Careful what you say mate..

Don't forget they are an all powerful organisation of whom the present LCFC board live in fear and awe.

You'll wake up with a horse's head on your pillow.

And what's more, that horse you own... well, it won't have a head.

Foxes Trust ~ A third request.

Thanks.

DB

I'm beginning to suspect I'm not going to get a reply to this. :rolleyes:

Have you TRIED emailing them, or are you just posturing to try and discredit them?

Valid point on the website, though.. :o

I think they have discredited themselves enough in the last few days.

Indeed. It's not like they need any help.

Absolutely pathetic.

Those involved in the running of the Trust should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Are they out of their depths or are they just a bunch of wankers?

Have you TRIED emailing them, or are you just posturing to try and discredit them?

Yea, that's me, posturing. :rolleyes:

I believe I was asking answers to questions that deserve being debated in public, and seeing as someone using the moniker FT posts here I felt it would be reasonable for the questions to be answered here on the largest City fan forum. Is that alright with you Ultra?

No I have not emailed them. I believe that the FT's biggest problem is that of not communicating properly with the membership and Leicester fans at large; regularity, quantity and quality.

Indeed. It's not like they need any help.

Absolutely pathetic.

Those involved in the running of the Trust should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Are they out of their depths or are they just a bunch of wankers?

I have consistently thought this.

They have in my experience of them been content to be "part of" the club rather then use their position wisely.

They have wasted their opportunity.

Archived