Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Foxes Trust

May i ask what do you actually do for the fans ?

Not being mardy just wondering  :huh:

34098[/snapback]

Well the most recent thing was to advise the club on the fans feelings about various managerial candidates & stating we didn't feel the temporary set up (H&H) would get the fans backing even if they managed a winning run. We advised to go for an up & coming manager - Levein was one name we put forward, the club were already looking at him but we didn't know that when we suggested him.

The minutes of the last Fans Forum mentions several areas we have worked on.

http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=311

The minutes don't specifically state it, but it was the FT who raised concerns abiut the 120th concept & the minutes also missed that the away ticket selling arrangements had improved (comment made by a Supporters Club rep) following implementing proposals put forward by the Trust over the summer.

A minor one change to pre-match music - with Keep The Faith now dropped pre-match, the reintroduction of Ready To Go was our suggestion as that was the most populartrack when we asked for fans views over a year ago.

We meet the club on a regular basis & raise any concerns fans have raised with us between meetings.

We also helped a fan get his ban reviewed (& reduced) earlier this season by ensuring a fair appeals process was in place.

Hope that gives you a flavour - members get a newsletter which provides information on current activity, the last one went out last month.

If you e-mail [email protected] - we will send you an electronic copy

They do a good job Ashov and are there to listen to what the fans have to say and put it to the club, which is good.

My one gripe, why is Henry still in a job? :angry:

34197[/snapback]

Henry - we had some many issues to raise at the last Fans Forum that when he was discussed & all other parties there seemed ok with him, we decided we had more important issues to raise so left it.

Talking of the Fans Forum minutes - hope you noticed your fans design kit idea was put forward & accepted - altho we will keep a close eye on this to ensure it does happen for one of the new kits next season

They do a good job Ashov and are there to listen to what the fans have to say and put it to the club, which is good.

My one gripe, why is Henry still in a job? :angry:

34197[/snapback]

Talking of the Fans Forum minutes - hope you noticed your fans design kit idea was put forward & accepted - altho we will keep a close eye on this to ensure it does happen for one of the new kits next season

34202[/snapback]

See, thats what they are there for... my great idea could now happen thanks to them ;)

Guest Daniel

I think the trust are a bunch of money grabbing fools who dont do anything anymore, but dont want to come to an end because the'll lose there buisness card at macro. ;)

the minutes also missed that the away ticket selling arrangements had improved (comment made by a Supporters Club rep) following implementing proposals put forward by the Trust over the summer.

What changes to away ticket selling arrangements? As far as I can tell, there have been none since last season, when the day for no. 1 priority was moved back to Mondays from Saturdays.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for dredging up an old post (directed at those who get offended at such comings and goings).

There has been a constant carping about the Trust throughout the time I have been on the forum - and it has got me to wondering why?

I joined the Trust as soon as I returned to England as I have always felt that trusts have a big role to play in the running of football clubs.

I do have a couple of niggles though which I would be grateful if someone from the trust could address:

Firstly, how exactly does the trust go about getting the "fans opinion" in order to present it to the board? I'd have thought that unless you pro-actively seek it you are liable just to get impressions from those motivated enough to carp to you personally.

My second is the issue of free tickets. I don't like the concept of tickets being lobbed out in the current fashion, I have absolutely no faith in it as a marketing tool to raise attendance figures - it smacks of cronyism. Instead of the tickets being dolled out for the game tomorrow I would have preferred to see prices cut across the board so that everyone benefits. At the very least, the distribution of the Trusts free tickets is biased towards those actually in commutable distance from the ticket office.

Thanks. DB

They have invested more money and own more shares than some members of the board, yet they are not on the board.

What does that tell you about the club's attitude towards them?

Also, you might have expected them to kick up a big fuss about this and get it sorted. As far as I know, they haven't.

I've got nothing against the Trust, but they just aren't as pro-active, powerful, useful as they make out. The club basically sees them as a joke. For an organisation which does own a substantial amount of shares, that is a shame and it can be through the way they have conducted themselves, I'd have guessed.

Having said that, the rest of board are all idiots too.

Apologies for dredging up an old post (directed at those who get offended at such comings and goings).

There has been a constant carping about the Trust throughout the time I have been on the forum - and it has got me to wondering why?

Playing devil's advocate, I would suggest it is the British malaise of being bloody good at complaining, but no good at actually doing or saying anything constructive.

I joined the Trust as soon as I returned to England as I have always felt that trusts have a big role to play in the running of football clubs.

I do have a couple of niggles though which I would be grateful if someone from the trust could address:

Firstly, how exactly does the trust go about getting the "fans opinion" in order to present it to the board? I'd have thought that unless you pro-actively seek it you are liable just to get impressions from those motivated enough to carp to you personally.

My second is the issue of free tickets. I don't like the concept of tickets being lobbed out in the current fashion, I have absolutely no faith in it as a marketing tool to raise attendance figures - it smacks of cronyism. Instead of the tickets being dolled out for the game tomorrow I would have preferred to see prices cut across the board so that everyone benefits. At the very least, the distribution of the Trusts free tickets is biased towards those actually in commutable distance from the ticket office.

Thanks. DB

We use various ways to gather opinions, normally carry out some members surveys on a particular topic, obviously talking to fans at the games, via any e-mails/letters members/fans send us + monitoring message boards.

Sometimes we have to act on gut instinct, where short notice of a particular issue provides no time to consult.

Free tickets, we are going to talk to the club about future initiatives to ensure fairness. As a for instance the tickets we received could only be offered to our e-mailable members, we couldn't inform the rest without incurring a considerable phone bill & as you say it does penalise Foxiles

We shouldn't criticise the club for trying things to get more bums on seats, just need to ensure all get a chance over the course of a season

They have invested more money and own more shares than some members of the board, yet they are not on the board.

What does that tell you about the club's attitude towards them?

Also, you might have expected them to kick up a big fuss about this and get it sorted. As far as I know, they haven't.

I've got nothing against the Trust, but they just aren't as pro-active, powerful, useful as they make out. The club basically sees them as a joke. For an organisation which does own a substantial amount of shares, that is a shame and it can be through the way they have conducted themselves, I'd have guessed.

Having said that, the rest of board are all idiots too.

The topic is still a live discussion, hopefully be able to say more soon

There are bigger shareholders that aren't board members.

Coming from a 'humble' fans background we have to prove more than a successful businessman that we would be a positive contribution in the boardroom, progress is being made (but we can't get away from the fact that originally we had a £500k target set to be given a board role).

Have you read the latest Fox Fanzine Trust article?

I think there was a more official thing a few days later. I just knew about the first thing through Fox Fanzine I think.

So did you then help give out leaflets the following Saturday, when we were busy asking fans on the way to the game if they would pledge their PLC shares to the Trust, so we could could gather 10% of the shareholding to force an EGM if required?

Then 2 days later, the club went into administration, the open meeting to form the Trust was quickly moved from the HT Orange to the stadium, as interest in the Trust exploded & TPO obviously attended that and the reason for & priority of setting up the Trust totally changed.

And those leading the Trust forgot what sleep was for a few weeks.....

.... remember it well

So did you then help give out leaflets the following Saturday, when we were busy asking fans on the way to the game if they would pledge their PLC shares to the Trust, so we could could gather 10% of the shareholding to force an EGM if required?

Then 2 days later, the club went into administration, the open meeting to form the Trust was quickly moved from the HT Orange to the stadium, as interest in the Trust exploded & TPO obviously attended that and the reason for & priority of setting up the Trust totally changed.

And those leading the Trust forgot what sleep was for a few weeks.....

.... remember it well

elman.gif

Change to pre-match music - with Keep The Faith now dropped pre-match, the reintroduction of Ready To Go was our suggestion as that was the most populartrack when we asked for fans views over a year ago.

A joke, TPH? A joke!? How can that be, when they've acomplished such titanic avhievemetns!?!?

Archived