Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Foxes Trust

IF there is someone out there who has the finances and acumen to take City forward in the short, medium and long term AND has the best interests of City fans at heart then great. We certainly would not be against it.

But for every success story where someone has come in and taken a football club over and turned it around there are three horror stories. So we have to be very careful what we wish for. Suffice to say that if Mandaric, or anyone else, bids to take ownership of our club we would do our utmost to ensure it is one that will take the club forward and in full consultation with our members...

The affect on the FT really depends what kind of investment they had in mind and if seeking a majority shareholding, their attitude towards fan representation on the board.

It is in the club's board remit to seek new investors, not the Trust

And as I have said to you lot before, in two decades Mandaric has had one club flop, and if the league they play in folding isn't a good enough excuse then I don't know what is.

The interaction between Trust and Board is closed; a far greater level of feedback to the membership should exist about meetings and discussions; without such feedback the obvious belief is that the Trust are acting in cahoots with the board. Personally, I do not believe the Trust acts as openly as it should which leads to to think that it does not represent members interests.

It is mainly a resource problem and why the Trust could do with more members becoming active.

Much of what is heard at LCFC Board Meetings is not even shared with the FT board, but has to be kept at the Trust Observer level due to confidentiality issues & protecting the club, however we try to pass on as much as possible via various means including message boards, the Fox fanzine article, but hope to increase the level of information released via our website. However this is still an issue with about one third of our membership not on e-mail & therefore probably not on the internet.

We can always do more.

The recent series of transcripts of interviews relayed here were interesting, but (again in my opinion) sadly lacking in any real depth. For me, they represented the kind of rigorous interrogation similar to that which players undergo in the program restaurant interview.

If you are refering to the Andrew Taylor virtual Q & A articles, all the questions were submitted from our members having previously e-mailed them to contribute. We can only print what Andrew typed in his replies, it wasn't a physical Q & A with follow up questions.

However Andrew Taylor will be at our AGM on Monday Feb 26th 2007 (date for your diary), all members can come & ask whatever they want then & do their own follow up questions.

I see the Trust as a body the calls the Board to account for its actions and inactions and, quite frankly, I do not believe I am seeing this at all. I read comments on this forum that indicate an unwillingness to be more candid - because your Boardroom conversations are of a sensitive nature. I do not accept that this is good enough.

We do this, but it is mainly in private & it is deemed by Supporters Direct (our main body) to be the most effective way of getting what the Trust (and fans) want in the longer term. Challenging via the media is an alternative route, but you are more likely to see the shutters go up if this approach is taken.

We are publically critical when the club aren't listening, the one year kit deal being the most obvious example (but watch this space on this topic).

I think it is possible to make the Trust website contain more information, members could receive monthly emailshots and links to such articles could be placed here.

We have sent out 13 e-mails to all our current members so far in 2006. We have sent out less link style e-newsletters mainly due to a couple of IT reasons, firstly our website was hacked & then when we sent the last link style newsletter out, the NTL server decided to flag our e-mails as spam & around a third of our membership didn't receive them (it also affected tesco e-mail addresses & a couple of others)

Our latest full newsletter is going out currently over the next week or so (hopefully NTL won't play up again).

We do plan to put more in depth articles on our website (& again due to resource constraints rely less on message board responding)

I think that unless you open yourselves up to more detailed scrutiny you will continue to find that the majority of Foxes fans are content to throw brickbats, and until there is a shift in communication emphasis there will be a continued perception that the Trust works for the Board, rather than with it.

We would like to do more matchday activity, finding the right venue is an interesting question, so would appreciate any suggestions from posters on this one. We ran one session in the 1884 bar prior to the Ipswich game, very open to your ideas.

Seem to remember reading you are a Trust member Disco Bob - do you fancy becoming more involved & helping to implement some of your suggestions?

And as I have said to you lot before, in two decades Mandaric has had one club flop, and if the league they play in folding isn't a good enough excuse then I don't know what is.

Our comments are made about any potential investor, not MM in particular.

We are keeping our minds open to all potential options, not focusing on one.

Our comments are made about any potential investor, not MM in particular.

We are keeping our minds open to all potential options, not focusing on one.

It's the way you said it....and the fact that you think we can be picky in such a dier posistion. I understand the club can't allow any tom dick or harry to buy the club but surely any potential investor with money should be welcomed instead of facing the Spanish Inquistion.

It's the way you said it....and the fact that you think we can be picky in such a dier posistion. I understand the club can't allow any tom dick or harry to buy the club but surely any potential investor with money should be welcomed instead of facing the Spanish Inquistion.

Given some of the previous dubious owners at other clubs both the current board at the club & the Trust have a duty to ensure any potential investment is the right one for the club & the best available.

That is the point we are making.

Not worth jumping at MM's money if there is a better deal elsewhere.

It must be remembered due to the combination of a ready made good ground with excellent non match income making potential, the relative low level of investment required to buy out the current shareholders (in comparison to other clubs), a prudently ran club & the larger slice of Sky money available if promoted in the next few years, that the club is one of the potentially most attractive investments.

Activity elsewhere shows a number of people are looking at clubs to invest/own (like the recent Villa deal where several parties were interested). Picking up a cheaper Championship club with the right infra structure to be a Prem club could be considered a long term more lucrative investment.

That in itself provides it's own dangers.

Given some of the previous dubious owners at other clubs both the current board at the club & the Trust have a duty to ensure any potential investment is the right one for the club & the best available.

It must be remembered due to the combination of a ready made good ground with excellent non match income making potential, the relative low level of investment required to buy out the current shareholders (in comparison to other clubs), a prudently ran club & the larger slice of Sky money available if promoted in the next few years, that the club is one of the potentially most attractive investments.

Activity elsewhere shows a number of people are looking at clubs to invest/own (like the recent Villa deal where several parties were interested). Picking up a cheaper Championship club with the right infra structure to be a Prem club could be considered a long term more lucrative investment.

Have you been drinking, because if others read that the same as me you have opened a king size can of worms.

Seem to remember reading you are a Trust member Disco Bob - do you fancy becoming more involved & helping to implement some of your suggestions?

I always contend that if you see a problem then you have to become the agent of change :thumbup:

Happy to see we have been awarded a sticky for now.

We await the next comments.

Meanwhile for Trust members, the first batch of 12 page newsletters are on their way to members (via post for some or e-mail for others - check your inbox this week)

And if you have forgotten to update your e-mail address, please let us know now [email protected]

QUOTE(Foxes_Trust @ Sep 27 2006, 12:21 AM)

what planet are you on!???? is this a wind up???

not jumping at MM's £Â£ in case there's a better deal elsewhere??? WHAT??? :mad: i dont see a fookin queue of people wanting to invest in LCFC do you?? We are in desperate need of someone and have been for a long time

LCFC is not a great investment........and if ur counting on sky money gained from promotion in the next few years - god help you. Do you even watch leicester games?? have u not seen how far we've fallen?? promotion??? u need ur head checking :blink:

[LCFC is not a great investment........and if ur counting on sky money gained from promotion in the next few years - god help you. Do you even watch leicester games?? have u not seen how far we've fallen?? promotion??? u need ur head checking :blink:

And you need to look at what sort of investments are being made elsewhere, and why. The FT have called this one pretty straight.

QUOTE(Foxes_Trust @ Sep 27 2006, 12:21 AM)

what planet are you on!???? is this a wind up???

not jumping at MM's £Â£ in case there's a better deal elsewhere??? WHAT??? :mad: i dont see a fookin queue of people wanting to invest in LCFC do you?? We are in desperate need of someone and have been for a long time

LCFC is not a great investment........and if ur counting on sky money gained from promotion in the next few years - god help you. Do you even watch leicester games?? have u not seen how far we've fallen?? promotion??? u need ur head checking :blink:

Just out of interest why do you consider that Leicester City is not a good investment?

I don't know - never did know - that Rob Kelly is the charismatic figure needed to manage such a potentially high profile club because,apart fromother things, I don't know that he can show our assets up in the best light.

But never mind that for now, why do you think we we so unattractive to the men with money?

Is it simply because we've got £17m of debt and what you perceive to be a lousy team or is there something more?

And does the FT think Leicester City is a lousy investment?

And does the FT think Leicester City is a lousy investment?

Thought we answered that above with

"It must be remembered due to the combination of a ready made good ground with excellent non match income making potential, the relative low level of investment required to buy out the current shareholders (in comparison to other clubs), a prudently ran club & the larger slice of Sky money available if promoted in the next few years, that the club is one of the potentially most attractive investments.

Activity elsewhere shows a number of people are looking at clubs to invest/own (like the recent Villa deal where several parties were interested). Picking up a cheaper Championship club with the right infra structure to be a Prem club could be considered a long term more lucrative investment."

True, but in themselves these are not sound enough reasons to accept a bid from MM.

Will he take this club forward? Unless he brings Redknapp with him (which he won't) this must be in serious doubt.

True, but in themselves these are not sound enough reasons to accept a bid from MM.

Will he take this club forward? Unless he brings Redknapp with him (which he won't) this must be in serious doubt.

Was Redknapp at Nice and Standerd Liege when he took them forward then?

True, but in themselves these are not sound enough reasons to accept a bid from MM. Will he take this club forward?

What is the Ultra list of criteria that would give someone your seal of approval then?

English? Nice looking? What?...

What on Earth does "Will he take this club forward?" mean anyway, Ultra? You want guarantees or something? A written promise? Isn't the fact that he has been at the helm of a club and not driven it into the ground enough for you? :rolleyes:

"It must be remembered due to the combination of a ready made good ground with excellent non match income making potential, the relative low level of investment required to buy out the current shareholders (in comparison to other clubs), a prudently ran club & the larger slice of Sky money available if promoted in the next few years, that the club is one of the potentially most attractive investments.

Activity elsewhere shows a number of people are looking at clubs to invest/own (like the recent Villa deal where several parties were interested). Picking up a cheaper Championship club with the right infra structure to be a Prem club could be considered a long term more lucrative investment."

Sorry I missed that and thanks for the reminder.

Glad I'm not the only one who retains a bit of optimism and belief in the club.

Sorry I missed that and thanks for the reminder.

Glad I'm not the only one who retains a bit of optimism and belief in the club.

i will always retain optimism.........if i didnt id have given up completely by now. I just think some people over estimate our potential and value in terms of investment. We are in debt, and are a struggling championship club. There are a lot more clubs around that would make a more attractive investment than us. How many times have we had serious offers of investment??? I dont recall too many banging on the doors do you??

And for the club to hold out for a better offer amazes me. It WONT come. If MM wants in, then fookin let him in with open arms.

IT COULDNT POSSIBLY BE ANY WORSE THAN IT IS NOW

I feel like the club are just sitting back whilst we slide down the english football ladder, never to return. Every year that goes by, the less likely we are to ever return to the top tier.

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. If not by MM, who the fock else is going to do it??

You have just answered in complete agreement with those who contend that the club is badly managed by the current board. You agree Leicester City as a business, is an undervalued asset, according to your statement, so in which case, the current management is failing to get the best value from the assets of the business. This, in most businesses would be tantamount to poor management, with the repercussions this brings.

You have just answered in complete agreement with those who contend that the club is badly managed by the current board. You agree Leicester City as a business, is an undervalued asset, according to your statement, so in which case, the current management is failing to get the best value from the assets of the business. This, in most businesses would be tantamount to poor management, with the repercussions this brings.

You are missing a key point in your interpretation. The sudden increase in interest in investing in football clubs is a direct result of the new Sky deal, there is far more money to be had.

If a club is already in the Premiership, it costs more to buy now, those most attractive are ones in the Championship whose facilities are Premiership standard but currently have little cash, so can be obtained relatively inexpensively. The basic problem with the current set up is lack of cash & a failure to attract additional investment..........so far

You are missing a key point in your interpretation. The sudden increase in interest in investing in football clubs is a direct result of the new Sky deal, there is far more money to be had.

If a club is already in the Premiership, it costs more to buy now, those most attractive are ones in the Championship whose facilities are Premiership standard but currently have little cash, so can be obtained relatively inexpensively. The basic problem with the current set up is lack of cash & a failure to attract additional investment..........so far

Although your logic is seriously flawed, ignoring the larger risks attributed to investing in a championship club, with no guarantees of promotion and thus the increased revenues, I am not talking about interest from any new investors, I am simply looking at the situation as it stands.

You have stated that a relatively low level of investment would be required to buy out the current shareholders, despite the enormous potential and investment opportunity. In which case, then the current shareholders should be up in arms at the value of their investment.

Although your logic is seriously flawed

The logic is not flawed, IMHO. With respect, the 'value' of anything depends on perspective.

The club is ripe to be bought out by someone who plans on investing enough to gain Premiership status.

The value of shares are only that which someone is prepared to pay - not what someone might pay for them in a year or so's time if things went well.

The logic is not flawed, IMHO. With respect, the 'value' of anything depends on perspective.

The club is ripe to be bought out by someone who plans on investing enough to gain Premiership status.

The value of shares are only that which someone is prepared to pay - not what someone might pay for them in a year or so's time if things went well.

You're missing what I said. The logic is flawed because it ignores the larger risk of investing in ourselves, as oppose to an undervalued asset who already has access to these Premiership funds.

The perspective that both you and the foxes trust have is based on the assumption that we will be back in the premiership within 2-5 years. I definitely hope so, but if not, then an investment under this logic will have proved extremel risky and would not have realised any profit for the investor.

You're missing what I said. The logic is flawed because it ignores the larger risk of investing in ourselves, as oppose to an undervalued asset who already has access to these Premiership funds.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

The perspective that both you and the foxes trust have is based on the assumption that we will be back in the premiership within 2-5 years. I definitely hope so, but if not, then an investment under this logic will have proved extremel risky and would not have realised any profit for the investor.

It is not my assumption, it is the assumption someone would have if they were to invest in the club. Anyone buying out the club without this mindset is as useless as the board we have currently, vis a vis a lack of investment to strengthen the squad and move us forward. There is one reality, without investment we will either tick over at our current level or move down a division. A continual development and sale of talent would be required to support this treading water.

Also, there can be no argument over the simple fact that the potential to make a large profit from investing and getting us back to the top flight is there and is real.

I would suspect that the largest obstacle in our way to this future is the lack of quality managers able or prepared to come here.

Archived