Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Most boring summer in LCFC history

Back in the olden days they used to organise games between the Fosse boys and circus elephants. I'm not sure whether this was in the summer but it might have been. That seems a great way to pass the time between the seasons.

When we had half-decent proven Premiership players under Martin O'Neill, they were always getting linked with clubs. Hell, O'Neill probably got linked with as many clubs as the players did. In recent years under the stewardship of one Michael Adams, we saw a whole team's worth of players replaced in consecutive summers. It seemed like the squad was on a one-year cycle rather than the kit.

Perhaps for the first time since Brian Little took charge of the club, we are no longer a top second-tier club in terms of attracting new players. I know it's only one example but I wouldn't be all that surprised if Kenny Lunt did actually turn us down in favour of Sheffield Wednesday (I know the Foxes Trust are saying he was never a target but I can't believe we weren't in the slightest bit interested). Kelly will stick with the current lot, whether he has much of a choice or not. I doubt any of our players will be in demand too much. We haven't seen much in terms of speculation that any will leave (Kisnorbo and Stearman, maybe. I can't see it myself).

I think this summer is going to be dull, dull, dull.

still no news on mcauley either. in this case no news seems bad news as i think he'd be a good signing and i think selling kisnorbo for 750k will be top business. id like too see atleast 3 new players

still no news on mcauley either. in this case no news seems bad news as i think he'd be a good signing and i think selling kisnorbo for 750k will be top business. id like too see atleast 3 new players

If £750,000's the best City can get for Kissa they might as well keep him. The bloke has all the atrributes needed for the Premiership, genuine speed for a defender, stamina, bravery, commitment, consistency and mobility. A minimum of £1.5m plus add ons is my idea of a deal worth considering. What Premiership player is worth less than that?

If you give good players away you quickly end up with no money and no assets. We are a registered football club not a registered charity.

As for McAuley, it certainly doesn't sound as if he's chomping at the bit to sign and I thought that was one of Kelly's criteria. And if that's the case, or if his agent is trying to work up some sort of auction, Kelly shouldn't compromise but tell em both to piss off.

McAuley could as easily be a shit signing as a good one from what I've seen and read and while I'd guardedly welcome him I wouldn't have him or his representatives hold a gun to my head not even briefly.

As I've said before, there is nothing gained by signing people who aren't any better than what we've got and McAuley's done sod all in his 26 years so far that might threaten to set the football world alight.

If £750,000's the best City can get for Kissa they might as well keep him. The bloke has all the atrributes needed for the Premiership, genuine speed for a defender, stamina, bravery, commitment, consistency and mobility. A minimum of £1.5m plus add ons is my idea of a deal worth considering. What Premiership player is worth less than that?

If you give good players away you quickly end up with no money and no assets. We are a registered football club not a registered charity.

As for McAuley, it certainly doesn't sound as if he's chomping at the bit to sign and I thought that was one of Kelly's criteria. And if that's the case, or if his agent is trying to work up some sort of auction, Kelly shouldn't compromise but tell em both to piss off.

McAuley could as easily be a shit signing as a good one from what I've seen and read and while I'd guardedly welcome him I wouldn't have him or his representatives hold a gun to my head not even briefly.

As I've said before, there is nothing gained by signing people who aren't any better than what we've got and McAuley's done sod all in his 26 years so far that might threaten to set the football world alight.

But Elliot was 28 when we signed him from Oxford so age shouldn't be a barries. We need some older heads anyway and 26 only seems old due to the average age of our team, (22.5)

If we do manage to get 1.5 million for Kisorobo rising to 2.5 million ala Connoly, i would be staisfied with a defence of Mcarthy and Nissa with Gerrbrand and McAuley with money left over for:

1) A new left back, (dare I suggest gettin Jordan Stewart(200k?) back who is sound defensively and his set pieces seem to have improved but i can't see WAtford keeping him in the premierleague.

2) a Left winger

3) central midifelder and old head someone in the mould of graversen-defensive but can get goals. (It must be remembered that a fair few of Joeys goals were penalties thus replacing his goals should be not that much of a problem) MUZZY IZZET(free) :smile:

4) A Right Winger (If sYlla leaves) If sylla does stay then he needs to show some motivation. Althought it may seem as if i'm looking in the past but Keith Gillespie(nominal) from Sheffield United wouldn't be a bad option either. Or even wayne Routledge on loan. Or one of the wingers from Brighton, both are superb. David Thompson (free) is also an option.

5) If Big Mark leaves I would like a target man centre forward to change games towards the end, someone like Heskey(750k) would be perfect but I can't see it happening. How about Horsefield(nominal) from westbrom/Sheffield United or Shippery(nominal)-both would be decent. Even Connoly (500k?) is an option. (not getting a look in at Wigan). Perhaps a move for Neil Mellor (free) would also be worthwile.

When we had half-decent proven Premiership players under Martin O'Neill, they were always getting linked with clubs. Hell, O'Neill probably got linked with as many clubs as the players did. In recent years under the stewardship of one Michael Adams, we saw a whole team's worth of players replaced in consecutive summers. It seemed like the squad was on a one-year cycle rather than the kit.

I'd rather have it quiet rather than going through all that again thankyou.

But Elliot was 28 when we signed him from Oxford so age shouldn't be a barries. We need some older heads anyway and 26 only seems old due to the average age of our team, (22.5)

If we do manage to get 1.5 million for Kisorobo rising to 2.5 million ala Connoly, i would be staisfied with a defence of Mcarthy and Nissa with Gerrbrand and McAuley with money left over for:

1) A new left back, (dare I suggest gettin Jordan Stewart(200k?) back who is sound defensively and his set pieces seem to have improved but i can't see WAtford keeping him in the premierleague.

2) a Left winger

3) central midifelder and old head someone in the mould of graversen-defensive but can get goals. (It must be remembered that a fair few of Joeys goals were penalties thus replacing his goals should be not that much of a problem) MUZZY IZZET(free) :smile:

4) A Right Winger (If sYlla leaves) If sylla does stay then he needs to show some motivation. Althought it may seem as if i'm looking in the past but Keith Gillespie(nominal) from Sheffield United wouldn't be a bad option either. Or even wayne Routledge on loan. Or one of the wingers from Brighton, both are superb. David Thompson (free) is also an option.

5) If Big Mark leaves I would like a target man centre forward to change games towards the end, someone like Heskey(750k) would be perfect but I can't see it happening. How about Horsefield(nominal) from westbrom/Sheffield United or Shippery(nominal)-both would be decent. Even Connoly (500k?) is an option. (not getting a look in at Wigan). Perhaps a move for Neil Mellor (free) would also be worthwile.

If that's how it pans out you've just about convinced me...................to play golf next season. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Sounds to me like you'd be happier watching the old father timers at Coventry. It's Leicester City we're on about - not Leicester Fosse! :whistle: .

The pensioners are supposed to come in through the turnstiles to watch - not turn out for the side!.

As for the likes of Heskey and Connolly a presume you've just won the lottery and have made City a donation none of us have heard about yet.

Otherwise, nice thought, but I don't think so.

If that's how it pans out you've just about convinced me...................to play golf next season. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Sounds to me like you'd be happier watching the old father timers at Coventry. It's Leicester City we're on about - not Leicester Fosse! :whistle: .

The pensioners are supposed to come in through the turnstiles to watch - not turn out for the side!.

As for the likes of Heskey and Connolly a presume you've just won the lottery and have made City a donation none of us have heard about yet.

Otherwise, nice thought, but I don't think so.

Pensioners?

I think that after the signing policy of Micky Adams there seems to be an unfair stretotype to older players, 2 or 3 in a side are good.

I think the likes of Horsfield, or Shipperely could play a key role next season if signed, they could be good as back up and also bring on the likes of Hammond, Chambers, Dodds and O'grady.

Pensioners?

I think that after the signing policy of Micky Adams there seems to be an unfair stretotype to older players, 2 or 3 in a side are good.

I think the likes of Horsfield, or Shipperely could play a key role next season if signed, they could be good as back up and also bring on the likes of Hammond, Chambers, Dodds and O'grady.

Hammond is 26 isnt he? what do you mean bring him on,he isnt going to get any better. He is shocking and doesnt look like getting better. He hasnt even got 20 career goals has he?

Guest Gist

Hammond is 26 isnt he? what do you mean bring him on,he isnt going to get any better. He is shocking and doesnt look like getting better. He hasnt even got 20 career goals has he?

Hammond isn't that bad I thought we beat Spurs because he came on with his goal and work rate. I'd also like to see him play right wing next season.

most teams are currently scouting the lesser nations taking part in the world cup and wont come calling (if at all) until after it, had kisnorbo gone to the world cup i think he'd be gone for a fee of around £2.5M, its a shame it dint happen as the £2.5M would be more useful then kissa IMO

Supporting Leicester is never boring. I'm trembling with anticipation of what will be the next huge co ck up by those running the club!

Seriously though - there hasn't been a disaster for a while. La Manga/Administration seem so long ago. Perhaps we should go back to La Manga and invite Steve Walsh, Matt Elliott, Gerry Taggart, Stan Collymore, Frank Sinclair, Keith Gillespie and Paul Dickov along?

Supporting Leicester is never boring. I'm trembling with anticipation of what will be the next huge co ck up by those running the club!

Seriously though - there hasn't been a disaster for a while. La Manga/Administration seem so long ago. Perhaps we should go back to La Manga and invite Steve Walsh, Matt Elliott, Gerry Taggart, Stan Collymore, Frank Sinclair, Keith Gillespie and Paul Dickov along?

Don't forget freund to get things....err...nicely warmed up shall we say?! :whistle:

Archived