Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ian Marshall Legend 4

I've decided to post this now rather than wait for the 11th as that will be just after the England game and he wont get a look in.

Ian Marshall

• Post your memories of the Legend here!
  • Post your best moments relating to the Legend here!
  • Post anything you want to say about the Legend here!

Ian Marshall

MARSHALL_Ian_20000112_NF_L.jpg

Leicester City FC 1996-2000

POSITION Forward/Central Defender

DATE OF BIRTH Sunday, 20th March 1966

PLACE OF BIRTH Liverpool, England

DEBUT Monday, 2nd September 1996 as a sub in a 2-1 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday (Aged: 30)

CLUB CAREER 49 League apps (+34 as sub), 18 goals

cflogo.jpg

Photo/Foto: Nigel French Date: 12th January 2000

SEASONAL RECORD: 1996/97-1999/00

Everton:

1983-1984 Played 0 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)

1984-1985 Played 0 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)

1985-1986 Played 9 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)

1986-1987 Played 2 Scored 1 goal (Division 1)

1987-1988 Played 4 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)

Transferred on 24/3/1988 for £100, 000

Oldham Athletic:

1987-1988 Played 10 Scored 0 goals (Division 2) 1988-1989 Played 41 Scored 4 goals (Division 2)

1989-1990 Played 25 Scored 3 goals (Division 2)

1990-1991 Played 26 Scored 17 goals (Division 2)

1991-1992 Played 41 Scored 10 goals (Division 1)

1992-1993 Played 27 Scored 2 goals (Premiership)

Transferred on 9/8/1993 for £750, 000

Ipswich Town:

1993-1994 Played 29 Scored 10 goals (Premiership)

1994-1995 Played 18 Scored 3 goals (Premiership)

1995-1996 Played 35 Scored 19 goals (Division 1)

1996-1997 Played 2 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)

Transferred on 31/8/1996 for £875, 000

Leicester:

1996-1997 Played 28 Scored 8 goals (Premiership) 1997-1998 Played 24 Scored 7 goals (Premiership)

1998-1999 Played 10 Scored 3 goals (Premiership)

1999-2000 Played 21 Scored 0 goals (Premiership)

Free transfer to Bolton Wanderers on 11/8/2000

(Ian is pictured above during the 3-3 draw against Fulham on 12/1/2000 in the 5th round of the Worthington Cup - Leicester won 3-0 on penalties.)

There's not too much info on the web re Ian so get looking or this will be one empty thread.

ian_marshall_against_athletico_madrid_270.jpg

He lived the dream with us. He and Walshy would often have a pool and drinks session at Willie Thorne's club in town.

However he'd produce the goods on the pitch as well. Apart from the Atletico and Derby games, I recall how he pulled us back from the dead in the League Cup against Fulham.

Less happily, I also recall him having a stormer at centre-half for Bolton when they stuffed us 5-0.

He was one of the players we let go too soon after MON left... :(

He lived the dream with us. He and Walshy would often have a pool and drinks session at Willie Thorne's club in town.

However he'd produce the goods on the pitch as well. Apart from the Atletico and Derby games, I recall how he pulled us back from the dead in the League Cup against Fulham.

Less happily, I also recall him having a stormer at centre-half for Bolton when they stuffed us 5-0.

Definitely.

Marshall and Claridge up front were two guys with the best ever appearance. Looked like two rag and bone men but did the job

Shirts hanging out, socks around their ankles the lest elegant premiership strike force ever, but both legends in my book, as good an illustration as any of why the early days of MON were so great.

Simon

MON was actually the one who told Marsh that he wouldn't have his contract renewed before he was off to Celtic.

A few moons ago now, I was on my way home to pick up my girlfriend's shampoo etc (which I'd forgotten) when I happened to drive past three looking sorry souls outside the Barcelonetta on Queens road - I recognised them as being Simon Grayson, Julian Watts and City's scouse hero Ian Marshall.

After picking up the hair 'improving' products I decided to drive back past who I thought I'd seen as my LCFC heros and low and behold they were still standing there flagging a lift. Naturally I obliged and picked them up. What a buzz.

However, despite the impecable behavior of of Watts and Grayson I can't say the same for our Ian.

Every car we went passed another car, especially those with women in, demanded a lude response from Marshall.

Brilliant it was - Ian Marshall shouting obsenities out the back window of my car - Legend. :devil:

My favourite Ian Marshall reference;

"Some Olympiakos fans took things a bit too far and threw flares onto the pitch... how they got into Ian Marshall's wardrobe is another matter".

I believe that Ric_Flair's username was inspired by this (unbeknownst to even he)

Archived