Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

whilst evryone is getting a bit excited about the prospect of england lifting the world cup, has anyone really thought about the other quality teams that are going. italy,france,argentina,spain,portugal,and of course brasil.

we have to actually look at the english side and see if we are good ebough to beat theses teams and become world champions, personally, i can only see england reaching the quarter finals

whilst evryone is getting a bit excited about the prospect of england lifting the world cup, has anyone really thought about the other quality teams that are going. italy,france,argentina,spain,portugal,and of course brasil.

we have to actually look at the english side and see if we are good ebough to beat theses teams and become world champions, personally, i can only see england reaching the quarter finals

Need to concentrate on ourselves rather then worrying about the opposition so much, but yes, there are loads of quality teams going to the world cup but England on there day could beat all of em.

My expextations are that we get to the quarters and lose to the arggies or portuguese as they have beaten us in previous world cups. But England winning the WC isn't such a difficult task, who knows maybe it wil be our turn this year!!

Brazil are inevitably favourites, but as the qualifiers proved, they are not invincible and can have off days like everyone else. On such days, there are 6-8 sides, including us, who can beat them.

The hiistory of previous tournaments shows that the best side in the competition doesn't always win. Perhaps this year will be another example.

Although I'd be more confident about our chances if a) Rooney was fit and b) we had Mourinho or MON in the dugout, I still think we have enough quality to be potential contenders. As long as we steer clear of injuries and/or suspensions, a semi-final place, and maybe more, is within our grasp.

Archived