Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Kisnorbo's New Article

Patrick Kisnorbo: The fans feel it, we feel it - big season for Leicester

By Patrick Kisnorbo - June 04, 2006

Patrick Kisnorbo says everything is geared towards a big season for Leicester City.

Another couple of weeks and I'll be back at Leicester City for the start of preseason.

The manager has organised a series of friendlies in England and I think that's a good move. We need to prepare for the Championship and while it's a buzz to face a Celtic or Inter Milan, we do need to get our cohesion together playing against tough, English opposition.

We'll all be back at the club for July 3 and have a week of training before the first game. I've kept my legs ticking over back in Melbourne and I'm just getting a bit 'toey' about getting on a flight and back to Walkers stadium. After missing the start of last season, I'm really excited about getting a full preseason under my belt and hitting the ground running for our first proper game.

There's some massive games to look forward to and with Birmingham City and Sunderland coming back down it'll be exciting playing at St Andrews and the Stadium of Light for the first time.

I was speaking to someone from the club last week and they were saying everyone is delighted with the season ticket sales so far. I think Foxes fans can see an exciting young team developing, we showed that towards the end of last season and I know that in lads like Matt Fryatt, Richard Stearman and Stephen Hughes we have the makings of a Premiership team.

Despite that dodgy start, I felt I did quite well last season. The gaffer played me at centre-half from Christmas and I took great pleasure from the fact that it was very rare my immediate opponent scored against us. The lads reckoned I was banging on like an old record about the stat, but it was a good one for me - some of the strikers in the Championship are first class and it's a great feeling to know you can keep such great players quiet.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing in midfield. Craig Levein really brought me on at Hearts playing me in front of the back four and I know my game really accelerated competing against European sides in the UEFA Cup as a midfielder.

But I do feel comfortable at centre-half and Rob Kelly (I think) sees that as my best position.

I must have been doing well as we're already discussing a new contract!

The only thing missing from my first season in England was Leicester not being amongst the promotion race. Wearing the Leicester captain's armband was a massive honour for me - one of the biggest in my career - and it's something I took very seriously.

I must admit it's pretty difficult to avoid the World Cup hype here in Melbourne. In the past, you'd never hear about it until a couple of days before the first game, but with Australia involved it's been pretty full on since I arrived back home.

Yeah, it was a real sickener to be overlooked for the squad, but I'm not about to go and do one because I was ignored. There's too much for me to look forward to in my club career. A World Cup would have been a bonus, but having the confidence of people like Rob Kelly, Craig Levein before him and everyone at Leicester City is good enough for me.

Good to hear.

Fantastic, he really impressed me in the second half of the last season. He’ll be a massive influence in our promotion campaign next season. Good tough player!

After reading that article it's made me want us to keep Kisnorbo even more. I was actually acustomed to the idea of selling him if we were to be offered more than a million but i'd much rather a bid not come in as he did look quality for the closing months of last season.

Id rather lose Gerbers or Nils (sorry Lukeh) than Kisbo. He was a bloody rock (apart from his indiscression at Cov) as soon as RK played him in his rightful position.

After reading that article it's made me want us to keep Kisnorbo even more. I was actually acustomed to the idea of selling him if we were to be offered more than a million but i'd much rather a bid not come in as he did look quality for the closing months of last season.

I honestly don't think RK has any intention to sell Kisnorbo. He is a very influential player for our team now. I think we might see 2 or 3 players coming in and I would be very surprised if any left after hearing what RK has had to say!

Kisnorbo is a good hard centre back and would difficult to replace at this level.

Exactly. What's the point of a new contract? He must have two years left. That's plenty, we can't go around handing out contracts to players who have impressed for four months.

We can and will!

We're the club that never learns lessons, remember?

:o:P

seems asthough he wants to stay and obviously has pride playing for our club. these are the type of players we need to replicate the o'neill days

Yeah, hopefully every player will be like that, it makes such a difference to the club.

Exactly. What's the point of a new contract? He must have two years left. That's plenty, we can't go around handing out contracts to players who have impressed for four months.

It's a deal based on market value now, mixed in with what the club expect him to be worth in the future. You don't want to let your best players move on a free.

I'd rather a Kisnorbo/Gerrbrand central partnership above all else, I don't rate McCarthey as highly as others.

Gerrbrand had such a stop start season with injuries, but he is our classiest defender by a country mile and Kisnorbo is easily the best CH we have. It frustrates me how many people put our ineptness at set pieces on the shoulders of the central defensive duo, when there are at least 8 other players there including someone who can use his hands legally.

Flip-flop :ph34r::whistle: <_<

I'd rather a Kisnorbo/Gerrbrand central partnership above all else, I don't rate McCarthey as highly as others.

Gerrbrand had such a stop start season with injuries, but he is our classiest defender by a country mile and Kisnorbo is easily the best CH we have. It frustrates me how many people put our ineptness at set pieces on the shoulders of the central defensive duo, when there are at least 8 other players there including someone who can use his hands legally.

Flip-flop :ph34r::whistle: <_<

Have you seen the papers recently pal??? Very mucky.

We have, currently, the best group of centre backs in the division in terms of potential and depth.

With Nissa, kisnorbo, Mcarthy, Nissa, Stearman, Gerrbrand and now also Liam something has to give. I think Kelly is attmepting to turn Stearman into our permanent right back and Nissa in to our permannt Left back which will make sense.

The defence is sorted :D

And Kisornbo is a top man, he is still praising the fans eventhough he may never forget the abuse he suffered during the first three months at the club.

Too right.

I remember reading a similar article a few months ago which made him look a total prat, now it seems he's matured off the field as well as on it.

If he carries on this rate of development he'll be a cert for the 2010 World Cup.

Let's hope he's still with us then!

let me tell you something about tribal football.

its an aussie site owned by a player agent. i think his name is lou sticca, anyway he is kisnorbo's agent and others.

so any comments they have on him are obviously self-interested, and trying to raise his value, yeah paddy writes a column on their website.

it's really pathetic. self interested gospel, passing as journalism.

this is their last effort, http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=435, linking him to a la liga club. talking about a guy's personal tape library, wtf is that eh. the guy probably manage's burns as well.

let me tell you something about tribal football.

its an aussie site owned by a player agent. i think his name is lou sticca, anyway he is kisnorbo's agent and others.

so any comments they have on him are obviously self-interested, and trying to raise his value, yeah paddy writes a column on their website.

it's really pathetic. self interested gospel, passing as journalism.

this is their last effort, http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=435, linking him to a la liga club. talking about a guy's personal tape library, wtf is that eh. the guy probably manage's burns as well.

Kisnorbo's columns are quite interesting though, but stories like you've published aren't!! But if Osasuna want to offer us a 7 figure sum for Kisnorbo then bring it on.

We have, currently, the best group of centre backs in the division in terms of potential and depth.

With Nissa, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Nissa, Stearman, Gerrbrand and now also Liam something has to give. I think Kelly is attmepting to turn Stearman into our permanent right back and Nissa in to our permannt Left back which will make sense.

The defence is sorted :D

And Kisornbo is a top man, he is still praising the fans eventhough he may never forget the abuse he suffered during the first three months at the club.

Does he have a clone brother?

Archived