Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chesterfox

Martin O'Neill

I have never come across anybody in football to whose every word I agree, whose every emotion is shared. Having enjoyed listening to his analysis and ribbing of Marcel Desailly on the BBC, I was reminded of what a genius this guy is - of how I wish he was still at Leicester. You could even see the glint in Gary Lineker's eyes!

One defining moment was at Anfield standing amongst a bunch of scousers when Liverpool had battered us for 89 minutes and Ian Marshall just sinking the winner in front of the Kop - sheer magic!!!

Good luck to Rob Kelly for the new campaign......can't wait.

I have never come across anybody in football to whose every word I agree, whose every emotion is shared. Having enjoyed listening to his analysis and ribbing of Marcel Desailly on the BBC, I was reminded of what a genius this guy is - of how I wish he was still at Leicester. You could even see the glint in Gary Lineker's eyes!

One defining moment was at Anfield standing amongst a bunch of scousers when Liverpool had battered us for 89 minutes and Ian Marshall just sinking the winner in front of the Kop - sheer magic!!!

I was in the Leicester end with my daughter and her Liverpool supporting husband - sweet :P

I was in the Liverpool end and had to sit on my hands again :whistle:

..............it was the same the season before when Fenton put us two up with 5 minutes to go :P

It was and I was in the Leicester with my daughter and her............. - sweet :P

He was one glad Scouser when we got relegated. :D

I was in the Liverpool end and had to sit on my hands again :whistle:

..............it was the same the season before when Fenton put us two up with 5 minutes to go :P

That was when Liverpool were building and we didn't get any allocation or very little allocation.

Walshie( i think) scored after 2 minutes, then Fenton scored then Ince scored. ;)

I just hope he doesn't take the Sunderland job, as that would add another serious promotion contender, which I don't think they are at present

I have just got home from the pub. A friend of mine in the pub took a phone call from friends of his in sunderland. I if you dont know , live in Peterborough. .... SO , tonight , my friend told me , MON is the new Sunderland boss, Niall Quinn has taken over the club, and my friend has backed this claim with a tenner on MON as sunderland boss by aug 5th and Sunderland auto promotion next season.

This is all rumour of course, but I was there when he got a call from his mates who are alledgedly 'inthe know' in the north east .

Well it's hardly putting his life on the line is it. Niall Quinn has been in the process of taking over Sunderland for months. MON has been tipped to take over ever since McCarthy left.

If you did a survey of all footy fans in this country and asked them what's going to happen at Sunderland before the season kicks off I suspect you'd get 99% of them coming up with that scenario.

I was wondering what he was onabout, when before france's first game, he tipped them as a real possibility to win the WC, and was questioned about that after the korea game, he looked bemused, now look at france.

He saw what most of us couldnt, or was it just a guess, an educated guess.

It would be so hard seeing MON manage Sunderland, not only because he would be competing against us but also because it kind of makes me think we could of had him in January.

I would never want MON back as manager. The chances are he wouldnt get us to where he got us 10years ago and therefore would be remembered as a failure rather than a God. Least we know he left us when we were at the top and can remember him that way :thumbup:

O'Neil makes me piss he is so funny as a pundit the bit about wanting Dowie to come back cos Leonardo is to good looking to sit next to was hillarious.

I always say im biased but he is a Superb pundit and i still cannot believe that **** McClaren got the England job when O'Neil WANTED it!!!! The FA are such a **** joke!

O'Neil makes me piss he is so funny as a pundit the bit about wanting Dowie to come back cos Leonardo is to good looking to sit next to was hillarious.

I always say im biased but he is a Superb pundit and i still cannot believe that **** McClaren got the England job when O'Neil WANTED it!!!! The FA are such a **** joke!

I respect MON the most out of anyone in football due to his knowledge of the game. He is too good to be a pundit and the FA are deluded if they feel Mclaren will do a better job then MON. Let's not forget MON is a tournament manager the world cup would have been his perfect scene. :(

Archived