Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Like Other Clubs

.....Have the whole of the stadium singing a certain song, Like west ham (blowing bubbles), Sheffield Utd have one that gets put over the pa system than cuts out but every 1 keeps singing and builds up a great atmosphere.

Who Agrees !

I Know we have When Youre Smiling so i Think we should sing this more often and spread the song. So he are the words for the people who don't sing it.

When you're smiling, When you're smiling,

The whole world smiles with you,

When you're laughing, When you're laughing,

The sun comes shining through,

But when you're sighing, you bring on the rain

Forget your crying be happy again

Cos When you're smiling, When you're smiling,

The whole word smiles with you,

The whole <clap> world <clap> smiles <clap> with <clap> you!

The Leicester! The Leicester!...

.....Have the whole of the stadium singing a certain song, Like west ham (blowing bubbles), Sheffield Utd have one that gets put over the pa system than cuts out but every 1 keeps singing and builds up a great atmosphere.

Who Agrees !

I Know we have When Youre Smiling so i Think we should sing this more often and spread the song. So he are the words for the people who don't sing it.

The thing is even though I know the words I can never join in this bit cause it just doesn't fit with the tune??? :huh:

When you're smilin'

When you're smilin'

The whole world smiles with you.

And when you're laughin'

When you're laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through.

When you're cryin',

You bring on the rain,

So, stop you're sighin',

Won't you be happy again!

When you're smiling,

Keep on smilin'

And the whole world smiles with you.

Is the official lyrics of the song

The thing is even though I know the words I can never join in this bit cause it just doesn't fit with the tune??? :huh:

??? How could it be possible for the words to when your smiling, to not fit the tune to when your smiling. That would just be silly.

??? How could it be possible for the words to when your smiling, to not fit the tune to when your smiling. That would just be silly.

Well obviously!! I mean when I hear the Kop sing it, I hear the first bit well. Then when they get to my confusing line and even though I know the words, I cannot distinguish any of them until the "When you're smilin'" bit kicks in again!!

Never have and probably never will!!! :unsure:

think it's because of the way we sing it!!

I'm sure Frank Sinatra did it but it was more of a soft swing type song, which is also why the club have never found a decent version of it to play

think it's because of the way we sing it!!

I'm sure Frank Sinatra did it but it was more of a soft swing type song, which is also why the club have never found a decent version of it to play

there's a quality Dean Martin version...

When your drinking,

When your drinking,

The show looks good to you,

When your drinking,

When your drinking,

It helps you point of view,

But when your sober,

The skys all seem grey.

But when your sober,

Life's a pain...

So keep drinking,

Thats what I'm thinking,

Cause its what I love to do.

Could we sing that?

Who Agrees !

I Agree Btw Sheffield united dont sing the actually words to you fill up my senses :D The music comes on for about 5 seconds then there kop starts singing it it would be good if are kop could do that and the rest of the stadium doubt it tho :(

You fill up my seeeeeeeeeeeeenses...

like a gallon of Magnet,

like a packet of Woodbine,

like a good bit of SNUFF!

like a night out in Sheeeeeeeeffield,

like a greasy chip butteeeeeh,

Sheffield United,

come fill me again.

Love it.

I No My Uncle Sheff Utd Fan Went To There Last Game Sheff Utd v Cyrstal Palce day we lost to southampton 2-0

Guest Gist

We really need something to get the stadium going it not only gets the team going but makes match days more enjoyable for the people who don't go every week, it is a way off getting some fans back.

We really need something to get the stadium going it not only gets the team going but makes match days more enjoyable for the people who don't go every week, it is a way off getting some fans back.

Yeh we need the whole stadium singing i suggest some one asks leicester city to move the kop to the family stand and the family stand to the kop :) More Atmosphere.

Bring back all the pen blocks at filbert street :D

You dont clap in between the last section of When your Smiling! :D

You put your hands up and do the wave type thing, and do it to the away fans and wait for the reaction....usually waving hands and going wwooooooo oooooooo!

No Claps are involved at any stage get next to the away fans and you will soon learn the songs, when i first started going down you went in the kop and learnt the songs by listening to the guy next to you before you knew it you had the lot. But that was call atmosphere something we are def lacking today fo good on you for trying to get it going.

We should all sing When Your Smiling its our song! have a few beers

We sing when your smiling in our own way.

When we played Palace at Wembley they tried to play it as our song on the sound system (palace was Glad All Over they all sang along) When they put When your smiling on it was a Shambles...Have you heard it? its slow and bears no resemblance to what we sing apart from the words.

Every City fan should be able to sing it even it you miss a line

Every player used to have a song (well more than today) now its just stuff like HUGHESEY HUGHESEY HUGHESEY or JOEY GUDJOHNSSON JOEY GUDJOHNSSON piss poor!

the reason? no kop, no singing section, no banter, no songs that grow from one mental random bloke, to a few standing round him, to the whole kop in the space of 3 games

I'm afraid we're all boring bastards down at t'Walkers.

You may have more success trying to get it going at an Away game.

If we can't manage to pass a giant flag round to the East stand from the Kop in a good 15-20 minutes what chance have we got getting the whole stadium to sing 1 song? More chance of finding Bin Laden.

one thing i wish for at the walkers is if more would stand up when its "stand up if you love leicester." fair enough it may not "mean alot" when we're beating plymouth 1-0 sitting in mid table mediocrity and it meant more when we were about to be relegated against man utd cos it showed who the true fans were, but doesnt it mean the same thing all the time?

i also wish When your smilin was sang alot more in the kop.

one thing i wish for at the walkers is if more would stand up when its "stand up if you love leicester." fair enough it may not "mean alot" when we're beating plymouth 1-0 sitting in mid table mediocrity and it meant more when we were about to be relegated against man utd cos it showed who the true fans were, but doesnt it mean the same thing all the time?

I'm of the opposite opinion, I think that 'Stand up if...' should be used rarely and then people would stand up. Every game once or twice is just going through the motions.

Case in point: Man U at home when we were relegated, EVERYONE stood up, and it was one of my best memories ever of Filbert Street!

Archived