Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Boston match thread

You're going to have to get back down the court tomorrow Leesoh...

I haven't even finished my degree yet!

You didn't mean that, did you. :P

I'm not getting over-excited but if Chris O'Grady replicates his reserve and friendly form in the league next season then he'll score us some vital goals.

I know friendlies and ressies are completely different to proper games, but he's still scoring goals and more goals than the rest of the players on the park. I rate this lad and hope with some hard work and good coaching that he'll become an excellent back-up to Hume and Fryatt. Certainly a better bet than Hammond and de Vries, as he wants it more.

i was well pleased with the result, the boston fans around me seemed to be less than pleased with marriot, (dunno if it was his first game for them) our first two were definatley down to his errors. stearman wasn't that great, he needs to look where he wants to put the ball before he wellies it up field. josh low looked quite good when he came on, gerrbrand was awful, skills is getting better and better at left backkenton looked good in the centre of defence (i think he kept swapping with gerrbrand) hughes was woeful; won nothing passed to noone. andy johnson looked good in the middle and i noticed he was geeing williams up quite a bit. williams showed nice touches and put a great ball through for fryatt (i think) and my nipper prefers elvis to CoG, she's new to football! :unsure:

i was well pleased with the result, the boston fans around me seemed to be less than pleased with marriot, (dunno if it was his first game for them) our first two were definatley down to his errors. stearman wasn't that great, he needs to look where he wants to put the ball before he wellies it up field. josh low looked quite good when he came on, gerrbrand was awful, skills is getting better and better at left backkenton looked good in the centre of defence (i think he kept swapping with gerrbrand) hughes was woeful; won nothing passed to noone. andy johnson looked good in the middle and i noticed he was geeing williams up quite a bit. williams showed nice touches and put a great ball through for fryatt (i think) and my nipper prefers elvis to CoG, she's new to football! :unsure:

I read on another forum that Weso looked sharp before he got injured and that a Weso/Johnson partnership could be quality. How was Levi and Sheehan?

I read on another forum that Weso looked sharp before he got injured and that a Weso/Johnson partnership could be quality. How was Levi and Sheehan?

levi looked lively, and it being a small ground, you could here almost all the players encouraging him to 'have a go at them' whenever he was on the ball.....his shorts were rediculusly long though! i saw mcauley put a fantastic ball out to him in the first half. he also had the chance of a shot, which, i think if he'd been playing with the big boys more he'd have taken on. sheehan looked ok, their goal came down our right, they didn't get to much down the left really. i prefered skills on the left to be honest.

Ah I thought it was you, I saw your nipper running up and down the stairs at half time till kateh ruined her fun and bought her back to the seats lol

it was her first ever game so she's not fully up to speed with match day etiquette :rolleyes:

:D

I really enjoyed this. The best bit for me was Juuuuuuuuulian coming out of the players bit after the game and saying 'hello' to us. What a legend, he's still got it :cry:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Archived