Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

The Stockport Thread

Is it just me, or do we seem to be scoring most of our goals in the last 10 minutes of these freindly games.

I'm just glad it aint happening to us anymore. :)

rather grab the winner in a 1-0 win in the last 10 rather than the first ten and bite my nails for 80 mins, know what i mean?!

come on city,only sociedad and hinckley to ruin now.

Is it just me, or do we seem to be scoring most of our goals in the last 10 minutes of these freindly games.

I'm just glad it aint happening to us anymore. :)

perhaps kelly has our fitness ahead of the teams we've played. Even more reason to not read too much into the friendly results win, lose or draw

rather grab the winner in a 1-0 win in the last 10 rather than the first ten and bite my nails for 80 mins, know what i mean?!

We still got Lincoln to play on monday before them.

Guest Gist

Don't mean to be picky but we still have Lincoln too, they should give us a good game.

Kelly said that winning was a good habit to get into and I agree with him. It also helps the players confidence to be part of a winning side - and our young players have played fairly decent parts in three now so it wouldn't have hurt them either.

Kelly said that winning was a good habit to get into and I agree with him. It also helps the players confidence to be part of a winning side - and our young players have played fairly decent parts in three now so it wouldn't have hurt them either.

I agree winning is always a good thing. However if we lose our first couple of games then whatever progress made in friendlies is destroyed much like last season. If we win our first few games or are successful then the form and team morale built in the friendlies would have been very helpful.

I don't even like to think about losing but however we do I think that Kelly seems to have given a fair amount of action to his entire first team squad and this has had the effect of allowing out new signings to get used to our ways and for youngsters Porter and Sheehan to play their parts in three away wins.

All four strikers have now got on the scoresheet and we've an aggregate away record of 8-2 (I think!) all of which is encouraging.

The question is, assuming we go for contain and destroy in away League games, will the "containers" be strong enough to give the attackers a platform to win later. My own personality never likes conceding anything in sport , I like the idea of scoring first, then scoring again and having faith in our ability to keep pressing.

It makes me nervous watching "containing" games like Coventry away but there are signs that we are better equipped to play either way this season and Kelly must be pleased with the number of genuine first teamers at his disposal now, what with the new signings, the emergence of youngsters Sheehan and Porter and the bonus of Hammond's revival.

it would be nice for Sheehan, Porter and Hammond to excel this season as I think they all have the potential to be important first team performers. IMO Sheehan has the potential to improve our side the most.

...and losing can be very funny...when it happens to someone else :thumbup:

Coventry boss Micky Adams is refusing to panic despite registering only one victory in four pre-season friendlies.

The Sky Blues surrendered a two-goal lead as local rivals Nuneaton fought back for a 3-2 victory on Thursday.

But Adams told the club's official website: "I don't think people should look too much into pre-season results.

"We would have preferred to win but the purpose of playing these matches is to give the players the amount of games they need before the season kicks off."

:D

With results like this if we dont get promoted we deserve shooting! We desvereve it boys! keep grafting dig in and the rewards will follow!

HOWAY THE LADS ;);)

3 wins against League 2 sides....

Calm down....

3 wins against League 2 sides....

Calm down....

Yeh thats what I was thinking.

I'm still expecting a top 14 finish, and I think the whole team is going to have to perform at it's best for at least 80% of the season to be in contention with a play off spot.

Another win under our belts.. :thumbup::scarf:

It's mildly amusing to re-read this thread now, and see the panic set in when we went a goal down.. :rolleyes:

It's not so much that as same apparent lack of creativity whenever we play too many unimaginative husslers.

It got us into enough trouble last season.

Archived