Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

HAMILL GONE

Hamill never seemed like he had any motivation inside him to force his way back into the first team. When he played for our reserves against Ipswich last season he was about the only player who hadn't come through our Academy but he didn't stand out at all ahead of players like Gradel. He also didn't make an effort to get to know the youngsters and didn't join in with their warm down at the end of the match. Attitude smelt a bit. Gradel and Porter offer us much more potential and ability wise than Hamill did and that's not me being an Academy bummer. That's what I saw and what, it would seem, Rob has seen too.

Assume 3k a week, he was here for about 44 weeks (wild guess, based on the fact we signed him not long before the transfer window closed). He collected wages of about 132k in that time. That's 10k per appearance. When you consider half of those appearances were sub appearances, we paid him an awful lot per hour :pinch:

Or was your inquisitive musing purely rhetorical? :Plol:doh:

It wasn't rhetorical. I'm glad of your maths. How obscene can wage payments get?.

It wasn't rhetorical. I'm glad of your maths. How obscene can wage payments get?.

We aint as bad as some.

That Liam Miller bloke at ManUre must be on an astonishing packet compared to anyone on our books, yet he only played a few games. His pay/hour rate must be through the roof!

It doesn't make for pleasant reading, though. Hamill was paid, in effect, many thousands per hour of competetive football and his only impact was to score one goal, and perhaps assist another. Pointless waste of cash.

Hamill never seemed like he had any motivation inside him to force his way back into the first team. When he played for our reserves against Ipswich last season he was about the only player who hadn't come through our Academy but he didn't stand out at all ahead of players like Gradel. He also didn't make an effort to get to know the youngsters and didn't join in with their warm down at the end of the match. Attitude smelt a bit. Gradel and Porter offer us much more potential and ability wise than Hamill did and that's not me being an Academy bummer. That's what I saw and what, it would seem, Rob has seen too.

No, it would be a shame if you actually got a reputation for openly supporting the youngsters who have learned virtually all their important football over years at Leicester instead of the backing the overpaid imports who so often don't give a shit for anything but the money and themselves.

And what is all this constant pre-occupation with gays and bummers?

It seems to be so much on everyone's mind that I honestly wonder if half of you are closet types waiting to get out.

Or maybe it's modern PC schooling that does it ...!

My advice would be go get yourself a good woman - or do I mean "bad"?. That'll refocus the mind I can promise you.

This just seems like an endless cycle to me. This time last year we would have been celebrating players departures, fans will always have one or two players they don't want at the club, so who will we buy/adopt the role for this time next year?

Considering he never really played he sure has managed to get some stick while he's been here. All the best to him.

No, it would be a shame if you actually got a reputation for openly supporting the youngsters who have learned virtually all their important football over years at Leicester instead of the backing the overpaid imports who so often don't give a shit for anything but the money and themselves.

And what is all this constant pre-occupation with gays and bummers?

It seems to be so much on everyone's mind that I honestly wonder if half of you are closet types waiting to get out.

Or maybe it's modern PC schooling that does it ...!

My advice would be go get yourself a good woman - or do I mean "bad"?. That'll refocus the mind I can promise you.

Just want people to realise that I don't care if a player has come through our academy or has been brought from Scotland. If they're good enough it doesn't matter. If I had said that Hamill was the worst player on the pitch and was the only senior professional people might think I'm just saying that because I would rather see the Academy lads progress than the imports when really I don't care. I would've loved to have seen Hamill be a success but in all honesty he didn't have any of the qualities that are needed to play in this division.

... to Livingston

Hamill close to Livingston switch

Livingston intend to sign up midfielder Joe Hamill on a three-year deal and are considering former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Colin Stewart.

_41950008_joehamill203.jpg

Hamill, 22, will reunite with manager John Robertson, who coached the player while in charge at Hearts.

He moved to Leicester City on a free transfer last summer but failed to make an impact in the English Championship, starting just two league games.

Stewart was released by Partick Thistle and has been playing in Iceland.

BBC Sport | Football | Livingston

Archived