Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

HAMILL GONE

You were beaten by Craig by about two minutes. Bad luck. lol

On the plus side, Hamill's gone! :D

So one down, two to go :thumbup::smile:

I wonder if he's been released to free up the wages for someone else - or if we always planned to release someone to keep the wages within budget (since we signed 4 extras when only one player departed).

The timing of this is slightly surprising but the actual story has been on the cards for a while now. Ever since Rob took over it was clear that Hamill was not seen as a player who added anything to the first team squad. Sylla and MDV do have some ability, even if they haven't shown a lot of it since they joined us, that's why they're still pushing for a place in the 1st team squad but Hamill showed nothing whenever I saw him play.

Two threads!!!!

That's about the number of games he played isn't it?

Sorry, I exagerrate. Thirteen (seven as a substitute).

I wonder what they cost apiece....

Assume 3k a week, he was here for about 44 weeks (wild guess, based on the fact we signed him not long before the transfer window closed). He collected wages of about 132k in that time. That's 10k per appearance. When you consider half of those appearances were sub appearances, we paid him an awful lot per hour :pinch:

Or was your inquisitive musing purely rhetorical? :Plol:doh:

I doubt Hamill was on 3k a week, surely not

I'm not convinced myself, but I suggested 3k as a 'middle-of-the-road' bid.

It's suggested that 5k is the going rate for some of the higher-earners, so 2/3k for the lesser-desired players seems like a reasonable guess. :P

I'm not convinced myself, but I suggested 3k as a 'middle-of-the-road' bid.

It's suggested that 5k is the going rate for some of the higher-earners, so 2/3k for the lesser-desired players seems like a reasonable guess. :P

Oh, I would have said between £500 and £1.5k :Dlol

Thank God for that!

Maybe Sylla will be next? Wouldn't that be great? Hopefully then we can get in a genuine half decent winger who actually DOES want to play for the club.

To be fair Sylla looks like he wants to force his way back into the team and put in a lot of effort against lincoln.

Never really saw a problem with him myself, had a bit of promise but seemed nervous on the big stage. I'd not really made my mind up about him as he didn't play many games, not really sure about the amount of abuse he seemed to get on here.

As others have said I hope this frees up money for another player, but I suspect it'll be just a loan one as Hamill can't have been on more than 2k p/w.

I'd be amazed if we haven't had to fork some cash to get him off the books, I agree with Louise may just free enough to get a loan in although RK was obviously planning to manage with him on the books, maybe the January transfer window is the more likely scenario.

Never really saw a problem with him myself, had a bit of promise but seemed nervous on the big stage. I'd not really made my mind up about him as he didn't play many games, not really sure about the amount of abuse he seemed to get on here.

As others have said I hope this frees up money for another player, but I suspect it'll be just a loan one as Hamill can't have been on more than 2k p/w.

he seemed a bit slow to me, and if you're a slow winger you've got to have something else. trickery or a fantastic pass he didn't have them whenever i saw him

I thought he was terrible!!!!

I thought defensively he was solid, but as I said he seemed a bit nervous going forward, possibly lightweight but (as said) it's hard to judge sometimes when you've only seen a player a few times. I'd say he'd probably have done a similar job on the wing to Tiatto (less agression but more positional sense), but Tiatto can also play at LB or CM, whereas Hamill can only play on the wings.

Archived